Guardian Life Reviews
68% would recommend to a friend
(1332 total reviews)
81% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good...but expensive....retirement is good... most hired will never see any part of their hard work placed on their behalf towards their retirement." (in 114 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and cab service" (in 87 reviews)
- "I worked for this company for 10 years and the people were great and always willing to help when needed." (in 70 reviews)
- "Pay is good." (in 48 reviews)
- "Work flexibility, benefits (401k), work from home opportunities" (in 43 reviews)
- "Unfortunately 2 departments have now shut down in Tempe due to horrible retention because of poor management" (in 68 reviews)
- "Certain managers essentially relied on the person one step below them in the supervisory hierarchy to pretty much do their job for them" (in 30 reviews)
- "Senior management also relies heavily on consulting firms to provide guidance and direction; however, senior management is not consistent in or persistent withapplying recommendations to effect the cultural change, sales and financial results they are looking for." (in 25 reviews)
- "No care to employees, upper management doesn't care about you, the only thing they care about is to get the work done." (in 20 reviews)
- "Directs to senior leadership hire their friends (even if they don’t know what they are doing)." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Guardian Life and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,332 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 6, 2023AgentCurrent Employee
They give you, or give you access to, EVERYTHING you could need to be successful! Especially if you are also underneath Park Ave Securities
Best experience is if you are with an independent firm
- 4.0Nov 3, 2023Life UnderwriterFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLargo, FL
Immense support from management and your peers, small business feel, flexibility with your offers, Rockstar field team, all communications through an agency contact (no miscellaneous agent emails), unlimited PTO
A lot of work, semi-flexible daily goals, management overrides your decisions when agents go over your head
- 2.0Jul 25, 2023Claims SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBethlehem, PA
• Free breakfast Monday - Friday. Bacon, eggs, pancakes or waffles, egg whites, toast, oatmeal & fresh fruit. Free lunch on Wednesday’s and affordable lunch options on the other days. • Benefits are great, in-line with other Fortune 500 companies. • Incredible coffee bar & gym
• Not everyone has unlimited PTO • Not very flexible when it comes to what days you’re in the office or not. • Toxic work environment • Everyone is watching you • $50k for a role that has so many moving parts - this is easily is $70 - $75k a year role • You will have “homework” assignments • None of the many programs integrate with each other and are incredibly outdated.3
- 4.0Nov 2, 2023Customer Response RepresentativeFormer EmployeeAppleton, WI
You get a 30 minute lunch and two unpaid 15 minute breaks
constant phone calls, always calls in queue
- 2.0Oct 26, 2023ActuaryFormer Employee, more than 5 years
- Intimate culture where it's easy to get to know people - Typical rotation program with good exposure to different LOBs - Good retirement benefits
- Revolving door of management & pushed out respected leaders - Pay and benefits are not competitive - Actuarial resources scarce compared to other insurers - Several managers awaiting retirement or severance which dampens employee morale and hopes for innovation1
- 1.0Nov 1, 2023Marketing CommunicationsCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Nice people who are struggling with you. Make it a bit easier.
Micromanagement. Toxic “leaders”. C-suite who have no clue what’s going on outside their directs. No appreciation for historical efforts. Well-being isn’t taken to heart.2
- 5.0Oct 12, 2023Senior Compliance AnalystFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
Collaborative culture. Competitive pay. Executives that care about their employees.
Commute to NYC Some of its technology
Guardian Life Reviews FAQs
Guardian Life has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,480 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Guardian Life to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
68% of Guardian Life employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Guardian Life 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.