Guardian Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardian Life (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in NYC for a Technology Associate position either in NY or in PA. I interviewed with 4 people separately and I thought the interview questioning was pretty standard - although there were a few questions thrown in there to see how "quickly you think".

Interview Questions

• Let's go over your resume. Tell me about yourself. Let's talk about your Tech Skills in relation to the job. How many pennies are in Hoboken?   1 Answer

Applications Support Engineer Or Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Life (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Not a very professional one. They kept adding new people to talk to. When asked about on-call requirements that it never mentioned in jd, the verbal offer was rescinded a couple days later. Also was rushed to make decision (< 24hrs). They were hiding something

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guardian Life.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, the second interview was face to face with a person that is currently in the position and the third interview was with the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable making presentations face to face? Will you be able to travel as much as 50% of the time. Describe experiences with brokers that provides an ability to solve difficult problems. What type of follow up system do you utilize?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Life (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was a panel-style skype interview with 4 workers during which I explained my skill set and they explained various projects done at Guardian. The second was a technical interview that issued a straightforward coding challenge. The third was an informal exchange of interests with a hiring manager.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardian Life (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a response about a month after. The first interview was 30 minutes long and it was with a panel of four people who were all very nice. They looked over the resume and asked me questions from my experiences. They also asked me some technical questions like "Explain hash table, binary trees, ..." After the interview that day, I got an email requesting me to sign up for a follow-up technical interview. The coding interview consisted of five questions that had to be coded in Python. About two weeks after the interview, I got a call with the offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

It was long and tiring and went through many levels and then back and forth and back and forth and kept getting longer. I didn't care to go through such a long process so i decided not to

Actuarial Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Life (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was invited to an on site interview. An interview schedule with the names of my interviewer was provided one week beforehand. There were total three interviewers for me. and Each interviewed around 30 min. The first interviewer is a student representative of the Actuarial Student Program, the other two are in the director's level. Most of the questions are behavioral and all of them are very nice and approachable.

Actuarial Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guardian Life (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Three half hour interviews with current actuaries and one phone interview with HR rep. All pretty easy interviews that asked mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers were all extremely nice, friendly and laid back, and they made the overall experience extremely pleasant. They were very organized and quick in getting back to me with my offer.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Life (Mobile, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process began with an impromptu phone call so be prepared.
    Multiple interviews so they can "get to know you"
    Do not discuss job specifications until the later interviews.
    However, overall a pleasant experience.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

The process took about a month, setting up the interview, 2 interviews, and finally a followup offer. Had a pleasant experience and the panelists were very interested in what I had to say. The company is very friendly and welcoming and would recommend it to anyone seeking an internship or full-time job.