KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

Great Place To Work

Feb 16, 2021 - Senior Database Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team and management great to work for and with.

Cons

Working on multiple projects at once.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

really enjoyed my time here

Apr 17, 2020 - Content and Technical Writer in Gardena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers and supervisors were friendly and helpful with projects. Work atmosphere struck a good balance between productive and relaxed. The Marina del Rey campus was also a nice place to come to work. Lots of nearby amenities. And there was a genuine interest from management in environmentally sustainable business practices.

Cons

None to speak of; it was a generally very positive experience

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rewarding, Fulfilling, and Fun!

Feb 5, 2020 - Account Director in Marina del Rey, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guidance provides an opportunity to work with industry leading B2C and B2B companies and industry partners. Team members and leadership are some of the smartest folks I’ve had the pleasure to work with (and learn from!). The organization mandates 100% ownership of your role and responsibilities as everyone is a necessary cog in the wheel. Management expects the best – and provides an environment to succeed. Continued education/training is an added bonus. Work/life balance is phenomenal, and the periodic social functions/events are truly appreciated.

Cons

Changes within teams can occasionally be a hindrance to success. That being said, there is a high degree of professionalism and competency in the organization so such challenges can frequently be overcome.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to work- great culture, great work/balance

Feb 3, 2020 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guidance has been around for over 25 years. I'm constantly amazed as to how long clients stay with Guidance as well as how much business comes in from people who used to work with Guidance at their former employer. A true testament to the quality of work that is done here.

Cons

Better lines of communication within the company, especially when it comes to project management assignments

5. 5.0

Good Agency, Great People

Aug 16, 2019 - Magento Practice Lead in Marina del Rey, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best reason to work at Guidance is the people. The leadership of the company care about the people and make decisions to make sure that each employee can have a good work/life balance, even though the projects are some times very stressful and complex. Each time that I felt overwhelmed, there was someone that I could raise the issue to and get some help. My contributions to better the organization were accepted and integrated into the processes which was really cool to see.

Cons

Agency work is often stressful, and it’s not the same as just working for a single company. This type of work is not for everyone, but if you understand that Agency life is what it is, and you are really working for many companies via Guidance, then it’s much easier to understand choices that are made by Guidance leadership.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Jul 24, 2019 - Business Development Manager in Marina del Rey, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guidance is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Interesting projects, amazing people and culture, great work-life balance. You can feel that people are happy here and everyone supports you to grow and succeed. Managers respect you, value your opinion and trust you with your work. You are never micromanaged, which was so important for me. Great work perks include regular team-building fun events and you get to work from home one day a week.

Cons

None that I can think of

Guidance Response

CEO

Thank you for sharing your insights about our amazing team! For over 25 years, Guidance has welcomed and propelled thousands of amazing people toward personal fulfillment, career growth and success. I am grateful to have worked with you!

7. 2.0

Stressful and draining environment

Jun 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, but not much more worth mentioning.

Cons

The most stressful and rude environment I've seen, incompetent tech leads and project managers, management has no idea what people are working on, boring repetitive projects without any innovations. Office is a dark dirty warehouse without windows. Salaries are stagnant, bonuses are laughable, benefits are below average. Not a good place to work.

2 people found this review helpful

Guidance Response

CEO

Thank you for your note. There was seemingly a disconnect in our relationship, and we hope you find a fantastic fit at your next company going forward. Our current and former employees enjoy their experiences at Guidance largely because of our values and the way we treat each other. For the most part - over 26 years now - we’ve earned the respect and praise of hundreds of employees who value honesty, integrity and fairness in what we do. We hope your next team aligns with your values, needs and outlook on a more meaningful level.

8. 5.0

Guidance is Fantastic Company

May 22, 2019 - CMO in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are fantastic, pay is very competitive, work is very meaningful, culture is great and there is a wonderful balance between work and family.

Cons

There is an opportunity to enhance the benefits package.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

All surface with little substance - trending downward

Aug 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guidance has a good history of past projects and has been reasonably well connected into the eCommerce space. That makes it a good networking job.

Cons

Leadership is frequently checked out and more focused on the appearance of a C-level lifestyle and not that interested in actually doing the work or growing the business. This is why they have such high employee turn-over and are trending down the platform hierarchy to Shopify. Not sure how much more juice they can squeeze out of the thin veneer of an aging reputation.

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good place to grow professionally

Jun 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment with friendly coworkers. Fun events at work and outside of work. Good place to grow into a seasoned e-commerce Tech Lead or Project Manager.

Cons

Need to show more support/hand-holding to remote employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews

Guidance Reviews FAQs

76% of Guidance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Guidance 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Guidance to be culture, management, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, career development.

Popular Careers with Guidance Job Seekers