Guidance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidance Interview Questions

Director of Business Development Eastern Region Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidance (Marina del Rey, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process with the Guidance team was well executed, thorough and professional.
    The Talent Director was always on point and continually set expectations.

After a series of in-depth phone interviews I was flown out to their beautiful HQ in Marina del Rey for a few add'l face-to-face interviews and a in-person mock presentation. The team members I met all had great things to say about the company, asked engaging questions, had thoughtful answers and were polite and courteous.

After a luncheon with the owners, I presented to them and the rest of the Sr. Leadership team. Their collective enthusiasm made me feel comfortable and at ease with the exercise, making a high-pressure situation very enjoyable.

Next steps were always clearly communicated and followed up in a timely manner.
    Well done Guidance team!

Interview Questions

• The mock presentation is an excellent way to determine a business development person's skills, strengths and weaknesses. Smart choice...   Answer Question

Receptionist/Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidance (Marina del Rey, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very well executed to make sure you are the right fit. There were two phone interviews one with the Recruiter and another one with the HR Manager.They were explaining the details of what the job entails and asked about my skills to see if I was a good fit. The recruiter then scheduled an onsite interview to meet with the the HR Manager and COO. I was asked to take 4 personality tests that took about 10 minutes each, once completed the recruiter contacted me and scheduled an on site interview to meet with the two owners of the company. The owners told me about about the background of the company, asked me questions about myself, and were happy to answer any questions I had. All the staff I met with were really nice and made the interview process a smooth one.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidance (Marina del Rey, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Yes there were multiple phases, but none of them lasted more than an hour. It started with a telephonic with the director of recruitment talking about my background and the responsibilities. This one also included a few technical questions may be around 3 just for screening purposes. I was sent a simple coding test to complete before the next round - nothing out of the ordinary around 15-30 minutes work max. That was followed up with a bit more detailed telephonic technical interview with the VP of technology. I was called in for an in person interview after that. There were 2 30 minutes technical interviews with VP of Technology and another Tech lead. Fairly simple technical interview, their main focus is to check your knowledge of computer science fundamentals. Once that interview was done I was called in to meet the executives of the company a simple 15-30 minutes discussion about the background of the company, my goals and the setup of things. There were 4 - 15 minutes personality test to be taken before the final decision was made. The tests were fun and did not even feel like tests. So all in all a pretty simple interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are the things that you would like to make sure while monitoring the development and deployment process so that the errors are reduced?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidance (Marina del Rey, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview and vetting process is quite rigorous to ensure the hire is a good fit. HR will screen candidates by phone, then have a follow up phone interview with another senior staff member. Following phone interviews, candidates are asked to come onsite for a number of in- person interviews for both work experience and cultural fit. Final steps include an online assessment and meeting with company owners.

Interview Questions

• Interviewing for a project manager position, I was asked if I knew how to query a database.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guidance in April 2010.

Interview

Applied through monster.com
    They will ask to create a pseudo application as first part of the interview. You can take about a week if you are busy with your exams / coursework. Application is pretty simple. It will check if you follow Database normalization concepts like Associative entities, etc.
    They will check if application is standards compliant, secure and follows architectural norms for e.g. MVC architecture.
    After that, there will be a group phone interview like any other company.