Guidepoint Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Guidepoint CEO Albert Sebag
Albert Sebag

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • awesome people, decent salary, generally good work environment, free snacks, company events (in 9 reviews)

• Easy work, youthful place, nice people (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Nice work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Guidepoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The London office is a great place to work guided by a like minded but diverse team. Those that want to work hard and learn will do well. We like to socialise together and the great mix of nationalities makes it an interesting place to work.

Cons

You will need to be prepared to work in an ever changing climate and work across different industry sectors where needed. Not necessarily a con but something to be aware of.

2. "Advisor"

Pros

Set own consulting rates, choose most appropriate cases, set your own work load

Cons

Ad hoc work, can be too little to use as a primary source of work

Advice to Management

increase number of possible consulting opportunities. Great customer advocates!

3. "Research Analyst"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Guidepoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work and life balance, easy / simple tasks, office environment

Cons

Lacks career opportunities, limited career path

4. "Research Analyst"

I worked at Guidepoint full-time

Pros

-Young People

-Linkedin research skills

Cons

To say that Guidepoint was a terrible stepping stone in my career is an understatement. It is without a doubt the biggest regret of my professional experience thus far.

I took this job like most do, coming out of college and unsure of my professional path. On paper this job appears to offer the opportunity to understand various markets (healthcare, consulting, ect) and manage client relationships. The specialized teams give the pretense that you will be doing industry deep dives in order to deliver your client consultations with thought leaders in various markets.

This is the aim and the intention of the company but please do not go into this job thinking that you will learn anything more then what you learn after 10 minutes of googling a topic.

As many have pointed out on this board this is NOT a research job. This is a SALES and RECRUITING job. If that is your intention then it could be the place for you but please note they also fail to invest in their employees any basic level of sales training so those skills will not be honed.

This company has many shortcomings but perhaps its biggest downfall is their recruiting strategy. They target ambitious post grads and stifle energy and talent by using them to perform menial tasks. Your days will be spent day in, and day out, google searching and linkedin searching individuals to find their contact information. Once you have acquired their email you will send out mass messages to possible contacts. After this you will call them, repeatedly, until they respond. Your interactions with these experts will be limited to asking what times they are available to speak with your client- you will soon discover you have been lured into a job as a glorified secretary.

I am happy to say that I found another position and at my new position I am invested in as an employee, given opportunities for growth, and overseen by impressive and hard working management. All qualities I did not find at Guidepoint.

I am not one to write reviews, I've never even written a yelp review for a bad restaurant, but this experience warrants a review and a warning. If you are reading this post before an interview at Guidepoint, or after you stumbled upon this company's name on your college's job board ask yourself what you really want out of a job and a career. This company is not the answer.

Good luck

"Expert network recruiter"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Guidepoint (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many pros, relaxed dress code. Co-workers are nice and friendly. Nothing much else to say about it. Just not a great company or job.

Cons

Company has a big problem with misleading people with a job description that is not true to your duties. They are very vague on purpose about what you job as a research analyst will be like. Pretty much consists of going through hundreds upon hundreds on LinkedIn profiles a day and then blasting them with emails and phone calls.

There is a very high turnover rate because of the misleading they do initially. Project managers and team leaders are not the brightest people and are only concerned about their numbers and money and could care less about the research analyst.

There is no learning at this job - training is minimal.

Pay sucks - benefits suck as well.

Long hours, they expect you to be a slave to a job that has no outlook and won't set you up for a good future.

They hire young kids and ride them till they burnout which most will quit or they will just fire them when they burnout and numbers get low.

Advice to Management

Management never listens so this part is not even worth filing out.

"Average"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Guidepoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great colleagues
    - Location
    - Themed lunches
    - Relaxed dress code

Cons

- No training/mentoring
    - Disorganized
    - High Turnover (both voluntarily and performance)
    - No advancement
    - Below-par benefits
    - 401(K) Match (LOL)
    - Favoritism for a select few
    - Pay far below market value pay
    - Blatant disrespect (if not directly to your face, but via your paycheck)
    - Won't listen to inputs/ideas
    - Understaffed back office
    - Mice in the office
    - Inefficient systems and procedures

Advice to Management

Not much to say as they are going to ignore it anyway. My only advice is to fix the turnover as it affects current staff as well, which always seems to be forgotten.

"Research Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Guidepoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People within Team were great; tried to motivate and boost morale

Cons

Monotonous work
    Upper management have NO personalities

Advice to Management

Need to hire good people to train staff

"poor experience"

I worked at Guidepoint full-time

Pros

not much unless you are a sales person with commissions who is bringing in a lot for expert networks which as a whole is doing well and growing. but what is the point if no one except the ceo gets all the financial return.

Cons

--Not a good environment to work in
    --Bad management, bad ceo, bad IT management, bad overall
    --They hire what they call analysts who aren't really analysts but just sales staff in a way that sits on linkedin all day looking for "experts"
    --Unsuited environment for educated smart people that want to use their brain at work
    --The organization is cheap and generally doesn't want to invest to improve anything
    --Only if you get a job right out of school ...
    --There is no respect for employees or professional growth with a culture where you can get fired instantly with no warning and no good reason
    --The culture is a joke with no flexibility and revolves around parties with alchohol
    --Littered with political discord

All the positive reviews are probably fake or from people with little ambition. Read the low rated reviews for the truth.

9. "solid start"

I have been working at Guidepoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

the work can get monotonous

""expert network recruiter" should be the job title, AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Guidepoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some very nice co-workers that you can meet here.

Cons

I gave this company one star only because I was unable to leave the space blank! This position is nothing like what is described, you spend the day doing mindless tasks that require no education or skills. You will leave this company having taken a tremendous amount of steps backwards from almost anyone else in your graduating class that has gotten a job. My advice would be to find another position or pursue an MBA or another higher degree. There is no real advancement, I worked for a short time and spent time speaking with people that worked there for years and they have not made any real improvement to their professional careers. The atmosphere here is toxic, and you are expected to work long hours, you are not encouraged to step away from your desk for more than 20 minutes (even for lunch), and spend the day slaving away in front of a computer professionally stalking individuals and soliciting them. There is ABSOLUTELY no research involved in this, and be aware that the "mock" they give you is in no way a reflection of what your day to day tasks will be. The only positive times in this company will be the first few hours you enter as you'll be excited for a new position, and the day you finally leave! Micro management is constant, with management breathing over your neck and constantly trying to "help you" by telling you contradicting ways to get in contact with people.. I swear it sounds like they make it up as they go, and if you have a good memory you can simply repeat a previous instruction they gave you and watch as they say that whosoever gave you those instructions is wrong. There is absolutely NO career development, and you practically will learn nothing unless you intend to remain in the expert network industry and simply go on to a competitor that might pay slightly more for you to do the same mundane, and mind numbing tasks day to day. Pay no attention to anything written here with positive reviews as they most certainly come from management, in fact I can recognize one of them as belonging to my past manager based on the way it is written. You are underpaid, not given overtime even though they expect you at times to work 10+ extra hours per week, and benefits and the bonus are terrible. Any company that takes out such a tremendous amount of time to create such misleading job titles and descriptions, and is openly ok with employees constantly leaving by the scores is not a place to be. The turnover is massive, and I once heard my manager say to someone that the company is in a healthy position because they are constantly hiring.. NO! They are constantly hiring because anyone with even the slightest inclination to have a strong career would not spend more than a day at this place. Guidepoint is the type of company that its only worth is that it shows you all the things to always avoid when looking for employment, it is truly a horrid place to work and be associated with, and in terms of management, you will meet some of the absolute worst professionals that you could ever imagine.. rude, ill-mannered, ignorant, narrow-minded, and in my case immature and delusional. Initially, you will see that there are many well educated people, with degrees from impressive universities here, but you will notice soon that they are all either trying to leave, are scared to leave due to financial uncertainties, or must have hired someone to take their SAT's for them, because no educated person could bare staying in this place for more than a day. I wish I had followed my gut instinct and left after the first day, and saved myself the trouble of having to explain this job to my new employers. This is not a stepping stone and the company should be avoided at all costs. My advice is to find somewhere else, and only consider if this is YOUR LAST OPTION, although if so was the case I would first check to see if Mcdonalds was hiring, this place is absolute rubbish.

Advice to Management

None- They are all for the most part too busy parading around the office on their high horses, they do not listen to feedback and genuinely show no interest or care for your professional advancement. I only saw one team with management that actually listened and understood how to work with employees, for the most part they are just simply deluded and have no clue how to talk to people, hold basic conversations, or how to acknowledge you with even the slightest dignity, and they yearn for the feeling of telling people what to do. START CARING ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES, and stop wasting so many talented individuals times! The entire company is an absolute disgrace and anyone that can knowingly be associated with this place should be ashamed.