Guidepoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen- short, easy behavioral questions/questions about what you knew about the company, was told I would get feedback in the next few days. Heard back within a few hours and was invited for an in-person interview. In-person consisted of 3.5-4 hours of interviews with 4 different team members and a mock project. Very straight-forward interviews, friendly people who are easy to talk to and not trying to be intimidating. Relax and be able to talk about your resume and you will do great!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How do you respond to failure?
      How might your background apply to this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The phone screen was straight forward and included typical behavioral questions. I was then asked to come into the office for an in-person interview. I met with one employee in the department I was interviewing for, then completed a mock project, followed by review by an upper level employee and discussion with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and received an e-mail a week or so later about a phone screen. I had a brief conversation with the interviewer that went well. I received an e-mail a week later about scheduling an in-person interview, and responded immediately. I did not receive an e-mail back until the next week. Apparently the HR rep didn't receive my e-mail and had sent me 6 e-mails about the interview. I checked all my folders, spam and all, and found only the initial e-mail and the one I had sent. My other e-mails to Guidepoint all went through, so it was definitely a problem on their end. My interview was scheduled, and I was told to set aside 3+ hours. I showed up 25 minutes early. I was directed to a conference room and waited for 15 minutes when two members of my potential team came in. It was a comfortable conversation about the culture, what kind of person does well at the company, and the position. I asked a few questions and was stopped after 2 when they said that I should save some questions for the other interviewers. They left and I waited another 15 minutes until the receptionist came in and told me that "Everyone was really busy, and that I could leave and they would get back to me." I had gotten up at 5 am to catch the train and was shuffled out a mere 20 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin. I was understandably pissed, and e-mailed about next steps. I was asked to complete a test on my own time (which was supposed to be a part of the interview). After I submitted the test I got a rejection e-mail. I would be annoyed as I was barely given a chance to interview, but the process was so unprofessional and rude that I think I dodged a bullet. If this is how they treat potential hires, I can't imagine how they treat current employees.

Interview Questions

Guidepoint Response

Jul 2, 2018 – Guidepoint Team

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry this didn’t end up being a fit. Our interview schedule and process is subject to change as things come up in the office, however, we want you and any... More

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidepoint.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. I spoke with a lot of different people who asked the same questions for the most part. It was probably a three hour or more process.

Interview Questions

• What research experience do you have and how could you apply it to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidepoint (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed in the San Francisco office, which was an office of about 14 people with no one over the age of 26. I had a brief phone screening and then was called in for an in-person interview. I spoke with someone in the Associate position who described the role and then two project managers. One was nice and informative with basic questions and the other was extremely intense. After the interview I was called later in the week to do a mock project and then spoke to them again on the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter who was interested in setting up an interview. They set up a Skype call because I was out of town, but they seemed uncomfortable with the process and kept commenting on how they usually just have in person interviews. For the Skype call, I spoke with members of two hiring teams. The only questions asked were in regards to cold calling experience. The individuals I spoke to said they didn’t really know what was going on, didn’t have my resume on hand, and said they didn’t really have questions to ask. I don’t know if it was an interview strategy, or if they were just that unprepared. The interview was cut short before I could complete a short project. I was told that they really liked me and saw me as a good fit within the company, and that they would get back to me in a few days. I followed up a week later, and while they replied quickly and reiterated how much the hiring teams liked me, I never heard a final answer. It seemed a bit disorganized and unprofessional, though everyone who worked there was very nice and charming to speak with! I found it a bit frustrating that I never received a conclusive answer despite multiple rounds of interviews and email exchanges.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience cold calling? Do you feel comfortable cold calling?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidepoint.

Interview

First, I completed a phone/screening interview. Then, I was invited for an in-person interview. I enjoyed the interview process because most on the employees were recent grads and pretty young.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidepoint.

Interview

It was a very relaxed atmosphere. There were three separate interviews that felt like conversations. They read over your resume and mainly ask questions based on it. Nice people, but a small office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Process started with a phone screening with HR. Next round was a 2.5-3 hour interview that had two separate interviews with pairs, then a mock research project(a day in the life kind of trial). Then a team leader walks through your leads with you, finally ended the day with an interview with a VP. Easy interview, lots of repeated questions down the line.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about the role? Do you think you'd be able to handle this job?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

One phone interview (Behavioral). In-person meeting with multiple groups. There is so much turnover that you will interview with multiple teams because people are constantly coming in and going out.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a phone screening. However the HR rep called on the wrong day - ok mistakes happen, not a big deal. During the actual phone screening, which lasted about 15 mins, I was given basic background about the job, then asked about what I was looking for and my salary expectations. Pretty basic. A few days later I am contacted via email to set up an in person interview. To prepare, I looked up the company reviews on glassdoor. Oh boy. I considered cancelling but the interview was already scheduled, plus I figured it could be good practice. However, when I show up there, the person interviewing me was rude and disinterested. I'm guessing all the negative company reviews are right and I would not recommend even applying here. If this is how they treat their potential employees, their actual employees are probably treated even worse.