Hargray Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael I. Gottdenker

1. "Hargray Communications Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

I have been working at Hargray full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for a company with a vision that is shared by all employees. Management is supportive and open to suggestion and invests in their employees success. Health and 401K benefits start very quickly. Management supports cross departmental training and is open to looking at tools and resources needed to improve the company.

Cons

Supporting legacy technologies while implementing new technologies can be challenging with a growing company as management of business as usual and new product is supported by the same players.

Advice to Management

Simplify and define process as much as possible.

2. "Senior IP Core Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior IP Core Network Engineer in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Senior IP Core Network Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Hargray full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging, opportunities for advanced technologies, Work with Esteemed colleagues.

Cons

Looking for Customer satisfaction with the current circumstances and future improvement!

Advice to Management

I love my HARGRAY and I would like to define my HARGRAY as (Spelitting three word as HAR G RAY)

"Harvesting our Customers Geographically in USA through our Fiber Ray"

3. "TAC Agent"

Current Employee - TAC Engineer in Bluffton, SC
    Current Employee - TAC Engineer in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at Hargray full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits; company promotes from within; senior management is very engaged

Cons

Slow in growing departments to meet customer needs, which causes customer dissatisfaction and stress on workers

Advice to Management

Keep the small company feel as much as possible; improve services to meet the competition

5. "I & R Tech"

Former Employee - Senior Network/I&R T Technician in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Network/I&R T Technician in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Hargray (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to work with great benefits and competitive wages. Awesome support team.

Cons

Should've stayed longer. I miss my team out there

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Be cautious"

Former Employee - Residential Sales Specialist in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Residential Sales Specialist in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Hargray full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at Hargray. The money is great, the benefits are costly but in par with societal averages. The middle management is great to work for but they are under tremendous stress. You will have to pick up their slack but there is an added benefit to that. You learn a lot of skills that will carry you through your career elsewhere.

Cons

Expect to work long hours and be over-taxed with work beyond your job title and work week. I would recommend a friend to work there but only to make a lot of money quickly, amassing some skills, all while looking for a different employer. I thought I'd retire there. But as soon as they no longer feel that they need you, they let you go with no warning. I worked so incredibly hard, gave up family time, gave well beyond my job title, won awards while there, and used in promotional advertising, only to be congratulated with a termination. I've seen this happen over and over within the organization. I'm still a fan of the company but there is no employee loyalty.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they voice concerns. Don't blame individuals for the failure of a whole group. Continue coaching and striving for individual success and company success will follow.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator/Manager in Irmo, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator/Manager in Irmo, SC

I worked at Hargray full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The non management work folks do work hard.

Cons

Management is only after the bottom line. The company used to be great but change of ownership is causing poor work environment and poor products to customers.

Advice to Management

Upper management is only as good as those who support them. Keep doing employees wrong will eventually catch up to the top.

8. "Project/Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager/Project Manager/Business Process Developer in Okatie, SC

I have been working at Hargray full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have cross-functional project teams. My team members are committed to excellence and are highly motivated to successful outcomes for all the projects we work on together.

Cons

The amount of work required by the senior management is challenging.

"Sweat Shop"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Hargray full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Live and work near the Beach. The locale is beautiful

Cons

Management is really out of the 1950's and very narcissistic. Don't expect a life at all as you are expected to be available 24/7 and work 60 hours or more a week to prove your a 'team player' Should you not willingly bow at the alter of upper management you are considered a non team player and worthless. Upper management refuse to disagree or tell the CEO 'NO' and consistently grind their people into the ground to achieve impossible demands.

Advice to Management

Gottdenker needs to quit surrounding himself with 'Yes' men and talk to the people actually doing the work. Maybe if he would actually talk to some of the people who leave they wouldn't be running a 75 % turnover rate in some departments. The company is run with fear and intimidation. The day I left was the best day of my life.

"Work at McDonalds instead. You'll be happier you did."

Former Employee - General Business Sales in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - General Business Sales in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Hargray full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom of schedule. Some very smart people have come and gone in a very short time. Some caring people that really would like to see a difference.

Cons

Not trust worthy. Very dishonest regarding compensation and commissions. So much employee turn over. Every day is like the first day the company is in business. Absentee management. Owned by Financial holding company out of state, even though they try to use "a local company" as a selling point.

Advice to Management

The management thinks they are the smartest on the planet so giving advice hear would be a waste of air.

11. "Pretty Good"

Former Employee - Enterprise Engineer in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Engineer in Savannah, GA

Pros

Great Team, Very Knowledgeable, good flexibility. Great place to start a career. A lot of different systems to maser.

Cons

low pay (Savannah), benefits after 90 days. not too much to say here honestly. If it paid more it would be a perfect job.

Advice to Management

Keep learning and career building in the work plan, build up your employees. The mgt. model does seem to be working