KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Headsets.com Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2022

Found 31 of over 33 reviews

4.1
Headsets.com CEO Mike Faith (no image)
Mike Faith

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
    There are no pros to display at this time.
Cons
  • "The management is horrible with no accountability.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I loved working here!

Apr 6, 2022 - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, and Mike Faith is easily the best boss I've ever had. He taught me a lot about marketing, business, and even advised me while I was starting my own company while still working for him.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

2. 5.0

Headsets.com a winner!

Nov 19, 2021 - Headset Advisor in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

First of all, I found Headsets.com through a Craigslist posting. It honestly seemed like it might be a scam, you know, buy these headsets and sell them to your friends, get your friends to sell them too and build your business!! THIS. IS. NOT. THAT! This is a really, really fun place to work. We provide high end office headsets and support them. And we are really good at it. You are provided with lots of resources and a great team to work with, all to take care of the Customers. One of the core values here is Keep it Wacky and it is legit! Headsets.com does Customer Service like no other company. The Customers know this and they love working with us. I mean what other role are you encouraged to have fund with you Customer? Tell them jokes, sing them a song, ask them to sing you a song, etc etc. You will get feedback here. The communication between the advisors is encouraged, is frequent, and valuable. If you do not know how you are doing here, you are not paying attention! You will be empowered to take care of our Customer. "Our policy is..." is not a thing here! Honesty! We talk to each other, if you have questions, ask them. If you need information, go get it. Very engaged management! You wanna work for a great company and make a difference to our Customers? Then this is the place for you.

Cons

You will get feedback here. If you are not able to listen to it, or not take it personally, or not able to apply it, then this may not be the right fit for you. And it is not negative feedback. It is constructive, it is how to do things better

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to learn and grow

Nov 12, 2021 - Team Leader in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company wants to see you improve and become a better person both in the work place and out. Resources are provided and paid for by the company if you're serious about moving forward in your improvement and growth. Plenty of feedback from leadership and peers to keep you on track and let you know where you stand. There's never any moment where you think "Well, gosh! Why didn't someone tell me!?". You'll know when you're not performing. It's a smaller company so the CEO has the ability to be involved and more hands on. You have access to him for questions, concerns, ideas etc. He takes it all very seriously which is a breath of fresh air compared to most other companies. The office has a very structured environment but at the same time everyone is encouraged to have fun, be silly and above all else.. be WHACKY.

Cons

Some may see the amount of feedback as a con. You will be notified quite often of your mistakes or areas of improvement and expected to improve. Not a job for those simply wanting to do their job and get a check. You will be expected to perform on a consistent basis. These things can be a con or pro depending on who you are. :)

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job, great people

Apr 29, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, fun work for the most part, and the Customer is always right so it's easy to keep them happy

Cons

Not a lot of options to move out of CS because it's a smaller company

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A perfect fit if you love learning, receiving feedback and giving World Class Customer Service

Feb 12, 2019 - Multiple Positions in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

You may already have great Customer Service skills, but be prepared to become a f'ing expert at Customer Service. You'll work with and learn from the best in the business. Positive attitudes from everyone in the company. Always. Benefits are great. Health, dental, life insurance, PTO, sabbatical, etc. Opportunities to work on different teams within the company and create new teams. You get rewarded for your ideas, if you see something that needs fixing, praising a co-worker, etc. Not just a pat on the back, but $$. C-Level is easy to reach and organized. Pay starts at or above similar companies. You'll get a raise if you work hard and have passion for what you are doing. You'll get praise and critical feedback. A s*** ton of it. Some folks can't handle the critical feedback, but if you want to learn and get better you'll really appreciate it. You are also expected to give a s*** ton of feedback. If you see this as a con, Headsets.com is probably not the right fit for you.

Cons

There are periods where excessive micromanagement becomes a waste of the employee(s) and the company's time. While most communication with managers are direct, there are communications that are purposely or not purposely clear and direct.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unrealistic expectations and no employee appreciation.

May 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health insurance is pretty good There is a lot to learn. Coworkers are generally helpful when they're not overwhelmed with other tasks that management is too lazy to do.

Cons

At first the environment seems helpful and you feel like it's going to be a great experience but very quickly you learn you don't matter and neither does your opinion. The management is horrible with no accountability. There is a constant lack of communication between departments and when bringing it up to management and suggesting how it can be bridged you get shot down and told it's not your responsibility. The company preaches feedback and learning as well as to always be testing as a core value. In reality it translates to everyone being micromanaged and not given the time to do their job and the hundred other tasks you'll be "responsible" for. The "feedback" is always one sided and any suggestion you make to improve a way something can be done or to let them know you weren't able to complete something on time because you simply don't have the time and are already overworked is met with aggression and belittlement by management. Staffing is always an issue. When a new hire class is finally ready they'll move the same amount of people into other departments that do not need extra people, creating no relief where the manpower is actually needed. All of this creates horrible morale and a toxic environment to work in. Their actions make it very clear that none of the employees matter.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growth and Learning

Aug 9, 2017 - Marketing & E-commerce in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll learn more in a couple of months working here then you would from years of working at most other companies. Everyone in the company is constantly being presented with opportunities to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. This comes in the form of professional coaches, seminars, and internal mentoring. It's a company that genuinely cares about making sure you're better off when you leave then when you arrived.

Cons

It's damn hard work. If you're looking for a job to just be told what to do and clock out, this isn't the place for you. There's always something to do and no time for slacking off. You'll be pushed to your limit, and then a little further. Some people just can't handle such a high-expectation, fast-paced environment.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company for self-motivate performers

Aug 5, 2011 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment in fun & high-energy. With that come a high-degree of accountability. Competent, driven employees have opportunities to move up quickly if you're flexible with the area you're willing to work in. Lot's of exposure to how the business is run with a look a the books available to anyone that has an interest.

Cons

Base pay is competitive but medical benefits tend to be expensive with high co-pays and limited in what they cover. Retirement matching is at a generally low percentage and vacation time is on the low side. As with many small companies there are few opportunities to grow within your career vertical. Everyone needs to be comfortable wearing a lot of hats.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Couldn't have paid for a better education

Sep 19, 2017 - Customer Service Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

During my 10 years with Headsets.com I learned well beyond the descriptions of my job. Mike really wants to have better people not just better employees. He is willing to spend time and effort making you better even if that prepares you for a job outside of Headsets.com This isn't always easy or fun but at the end of it you realize how valuable it is for you. I can honestly say I wouldn't be half of what I am today without my time at Headsets.com

Cons

Only if you let them be Cons - Extremely high expectations of team members -required learning -opportunity to learn and grow everyday

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Was a great fit for me.

Nov 10, 2017 - Cs MANAGER in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I applied to Headsets.com with a plan of only staying there for a few months. I had another career plan, but needed a paycheck for a few months and it seemed like it would be easy, but boring, work. However, the interview process caught me off guard. I couldn’t understand why they had so many steps (phone interview, several in person interviews, little quizzes, etc.) for a customer service job. However, I was intrigued and stayed with it, figuring if it was this tricky to get the job, perhaps there was something to it. I did get hired and shortly thereafter changed my plans, and ended up staying on board for 10 years. I don’t think it is a great fit for everyone, hence the rather thorough interviewing process. The company wants people that are the proper fit skill-wise and attitude-wise, because it believes that people who are the right fits will perform better and be happier, which is good for the customers, the company, and the employees. Here is why I loved working there, and why some people might not (and keep in mind…it is still a job):· They love customers. Almost every decision was based on whether or not it would make for a better customer experience. I realized that I like treating people well and making them happy, so I was never asked to disappoint customers. I could make exceptions for them and talk on the phone as long as was needed to make them thrilled. I was judged on my ability to make people happy, not how a quickly I could get them off the phone, or other non-customer focused metrics. If you don’t genuinely enjoy helping customers (if you find it hard work to be genuinely helpful), you would not like it. You can only force liking customers for a short time, I’ve seen. · I was given clear expectations and held accountable. I enjoyed knowing what I was doing well and where I needed to improve. I had come to the company hoping to fly under the radar, but found that was not possible, and actually enjoyed being asked to contribute and do my best. Plus, as I worked on the becoming better, I was given additional responsibilities. I always interpreted the feedback and training as the company valuing me and I appreciated it. So, if you’re looking for a job that does not measure performance or give feedback, I would not apply. · Good people. Because the company is looking to hire smart, friendly, positive people, the office is made up of pleasant people to work with. Plus, the general atmosphere is a positive one, and the company makes efforts to keep it that way. Negative people won’t like it and likely won’t last long. This may be described as some ex-workers as “cultish”, but to me, it makes perfect sense that a company would want to maintain a positive atmosphere and that people’s attitudes are part of their performance. You can’t be a jerk…that makes sense to me. · Transparency and changes. Over the course of my time with Headsets.com, it went through many changes. Different products, different teams in the company, different locations, new projects, etc. It was evolving as well as reacting to outside factors. I felt the CEO always did a good job of keeping the team informed of why the company was making this decision or that one, and what the hope was. It didn’t always work out, but it usually did, and it was never boring. This doesn’t mean things were night and day week to week, but it was important to be prepared for some changes along the way. Maybe your hours would shift bit from time to time, or your role might change some, or you might move desks…if you need total consistency, you may think twice.

Cons

-The industry is not very exciting. Telephone headsets are not the most dynamic products to talk about all day. -The company hired a lot of customer service reps when I worked there, but there were not that many opportunities for advancement, as there were only so many management positions. So, advancement is not guaranteed, even for strong performers. -As mentioned above, some of the pros would be cons for some people.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews

Headsets.com Reviews FAQs

Headsets.com has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 33 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Headsets.com to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Headsets.com employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Headsets.com. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

77% of Headsets.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Headsets.com 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Headsets.com to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.