Headsets.com Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2021

3.9
Headsets.com CEO Mike Faith (no image)
Mike Faith
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job, great people

Apr 29, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, fun work for the most part, and the Customer is always right so it's easy to keep them happy

Cons

Not a lot of options to move out of CS because it's a smaller company

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A perfect fit if you love learning, receiving feedback and giving World Class Customer Service

Feb 12, 2019 - Multiple Positions in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

You may already have great Customer Service skills, but be prepared to become a f'ing expert at Customer Service. You'll work with and learn from the best in the business. Positive attitudes from everyone in the company. Always. Benefits are great. Health, dental, life insurance, PTO, sabbatical, etc. Opportunities to work on different teams within the company and create new teams. You get rewarded for your ideas, if you see something that needs fixing, praising a co-worker, etc. Not just a pat on the back, but $$. C-Level is easy to reach and organized. Pay starts at or above similar companies. You'll get a raise if you work hard and have passion for what you are doing. You'll get praise and critical feedback. A s*** ton of it. Some folks can't handle the critical feedback, but if you want to learn and get better you'll really appreciate it. You are also expected to give a s*** ton of feedback. If you see this as a con, Headsets.com is probably not the right fit for you.

Cons

There are periods where excessive micromanagement becomes a waste of the employee(s) and the company's time. While most communication with managers are direct, there are communications that are purposely or not purposely clear and direct.

3. 5.0

Challenged to learn

Sep 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to learn if you are up for the challenge. The company wants team members to grow and learn. Will challenge you to get better and hold you to a high standard of quality and accountability. Nice to work at a company that treats its Customers the way I want to be treated by a company. My input and ideas are expected, asked for, and considered.

Cons

The amount of feedback and accountability can be stressful, not for people who struggle with change or want an easy role.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unrealistic expectations and no employee appreciation.

May 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health insurance is pretty good There is a lot to learn. Coworkers are generally helpful when they're not overwhelmed with other tasks that management is too lazy to do.

Cons

At first the environment seems helpful and you feel like it's going to be a great experience but very quickly you learn you don't matter and neither does your opinion. The management is horrible with no accountability. There is a constant lack of communication between departments and when bringing it up to management and suggesting how it can be bridged you get shot down and told it's not your responsibility. The company preaches feedback and learning as well as to always be testing as a core value. In reality it translates to everyone being micromanaged and not given the time to do their job and the hundred other tasks you'll be "responsible" for. The "feedback" is always one sided and any suggestion you make to improve a way something can be done or to let them know you weren't able to complete something on time because you simply don't have the time and are already overworked is met with aggression and belittlement by management. Staffing is always an issue. When a new hire class is finally ready they'll move the same amount of people into other departments that do not need extra people, creating no relief where the manpower is actually needed. All of this creates horrible morale and a toxic environment to work in. Their actions make it very clear that none of the employees matter.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growth and Learning

Aug 9, 2017 - Marketing & E-commerce in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll learn more in a couple of months working here then you would from years of working at most other companies. Everyone in the company is constantly being presented with opportunities to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. This comes in the form of professional coaches, seminars, and internal mentoring. It's a company that genuinely cares about making sure you're better off when you leave then when you arrived.

Cons

It's damn hard work. If you're looking for a job to just be told what to do and clock out, this isn't the place for you. There's always something to do and no time for slacking off. You'll be pushed to your limit, and then a little further. Some people just can't handle such a high-expectation, fast-paced environment.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company for self-motivate performers

Aug 5, 2011 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment in fun & high-energy. With that come a high-degree of accountability. Competent, driven employees have opportunities to move up quickly if you're flexible with the area you're willing to work in. Lot's of exposure to how the business is run with a look a the books available to anyone that has an interest.

Cons

Base pay is competitive but medical benefits tend to be expensive with high co-pays and limited in what they cover. Retirement matching is at a generally low percentage and vacation time is on the low side. As with many small companies there are few opportunities to grow within your career vertical. Everyone needs to be comfortable wearing a lot of hats.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Couldn't have paid for a better education

Sep 19, 2017 - Customer Service Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

During my 10 years with Headsets.com I learned well beyond the descriptions of my job. Mike really wants to have better people not just better employees. He is willing to spend time and effort making you better even if that prepares you for a job outside of Headsets.com This isn't always easy or fun but at the end of it you realize how valuable it is for you. I can honestly say I wouldn't be half of what I am today without my time at Headsets.com

Cons

Only if you let them be Cons - Extremely high expectations of team members -required learning -opportunity to learn and grow everyday

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Was a great fit for me.

Nov 10, 2017 - Cs MANAGER in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I applied to Headsets.com with a plan of only staying there for a few months. I had another career plan, but needed a paycheck for a few months and it seemed like it would be easy, but boring, work. However, the interview process caught me off guard. I couldn’t understand why they had so many steps (phone interview, several in person interviews, little quizzes, etc.) for a customer service job. However, I was intrigued and stayed with it, figuring if it was this tricky to get the job, perhaps there was something to it. I did get hired and shortly thereafter changed my plans, and ended up staying on board for 10 years. I don’t think it is a great fit for everyone, hence the rather thorough interviewing process. The company wants people that are the proper fit skill-wise and attitude-wise, because it believes that people who are the right fits will perform better and be happier, which is good for the customers, the company, and the employees. Here is why I loved working there, and why some people might not (and keep in mind…it is still a job):· They love customers. Almost every decision was based on whether or not it would make for a better customer experience. I realized that I like treating people well and making them happy, so I was never asked to disappoint customers. I could make exceptions for them and talk on the phone as long as was needed to make them thrilled. I was judged on my ability to make people happy, not how a quickly I could get them off the phone, or other non-customer focused metrics. If you don’t genuinely enjoy helping customers (if you find it hard work to be genuinely helpful), you would not like it. You can only force liking customers for a short time, I’ve seen. · I was given clear expectations and held accountable. I enjoyed knowing what I was doing well and where I needed to improve. I had come to the company hoping to fly under the radar, but found that was not possible, and actually enjoyed being asked to contribute and do my best. Plus, as I worked on the becoming better, I was given additional responsibilities. I always interpreted the feedback and training as the company valuing me and I appreciated it. So, if you’re looking for a job that does not measure performance or give feedback, I would not apply. · Good people. Because the company is looking to hire smart, friendly, positive people, the office is made up of pleasant people to work with. Plus, the general atmosphere is a positive one, and the company makes efforts to keep it that way. Negative people won’t like it and likely won’t last long. This may be described as some ex-workers as “cultish”, but to me, it makes perfect sense that a company would want to maintain a positive atmosphere and that people’s attitudes are part of their performance. You can’t be a jerk…that makes sense to me. · Transparency and changes. Over the course of my time with Headsets.com, it went through many changes. Different products, different teams in the company, different locations, new projects, etc. It was evolving as well as reacting to outside factors. I felt the CEO always did a good job of keeping the team informed of why the company was making this decision or that one, and what the hope was. It didn’t always work out, but it usually did, and it was never boring. This doesn’t mean things were night and day week to week, but it was important to be prepared for some changes along the way. Maybe your hours would shift bit from time to time, or your role might change some, or you might move desks…if you need total consistency, you may think twice.

Cons

-The industry is not very exciting. Telephone headsets are not the most dynamic products to talk about all day. -The company hired a lot of customer service reps when I worked there, but there were not that many opportunities for advancement, as there were only so many management positions. So, advancement is not guaranteed, even for strong performers. -As mentioned above, some of the pros would be cons for some people.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company at which to learn and grow!

Jan 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Headsets.com was a challenging environment in which to work, but I'm saying that as a good thing. If you are interested in growing professionally and personally, this is a good place to learn some skills.

Cons

The bar of achievement can sometimes be raised too quickly or too high. This is the flip side of a challenging work environment.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Friendly Company culture and Growth Opportunities Make Headsets.com a Great Company to Call "Home"

Jun 11, 2008 - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are the person that always works the hardest for little or no recognition or thanks..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We think of feedback as a gift and every day is a holiday here. You'll always have a great idea of what is expected of you and you'll be given the tools, materials and training needed to excel. You'll always know how well you are doing, because we have detailed standards that we measure, like Customer Service ratings. That's probably the most important of all. We love our Customers and our Customers come back to us to be treated well. If you are Customer-focused you'll be very happy here -- you'll be given the chance to do what you do best every day and your opinions will be listened to. Mike actually pays us $10 for every idea we email to him -- and he picks the best idea every two weeks to win $500. If you are the employee that shows up 5 minutes early to start up your computer and get your coffee, while others around you show up 5 minutes late to spend 10 more minutes waiting for a new pot to brew..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We value punctuality and I can't remember the last time I saw someone rushing in because they were even a minute late. We have free bagels and organic fruit delivered daily to our kitchen, and Peet's coffee on tap. After 3 years of working here, we get a one month sabbatical. We are also paid two days per year to volunteer for a non-profit organization of our choice. We focus on hiring the right people and nurturing them while they grow, so there is plenty of room for advancement here if you'd like to move up. We believe that providing excellent Customer Service for our Customers is a talent and so you can be happy and well-respected as a member of Customer Service for as long as you like. We've all worked here for over a year now - some people have been here for years in Customer Service and they are very happy with their position. You hear your coworkers complimenting each other on a constant basis. You hear people thanking each other for feedback. You are constantly reminded that you are valued and valuable. People here really care about each other and we help each other out all the time. It's an excellent home away from home.

Cons

We put so much emphasis on Customer Service and growth that you can't really have off-days here. There's no room. We don't spend all day surfing the web, waiting for work to do. Pretty much every minute of our day is committed to helping the organization in some aspect. There's no place for slackers here. We are dedicated to being responsible here, so if you'd like to hang out and receive paychecks while checking out youtube and having distracted conversations with Customers, this isn't the place. The culture of positivity, growth, and accountability can seem intimidating when first arriving at Headsets.com, however; it doesn't take much time to buy into it. You see how well others are treated around you and you want to be part of it, so you buy in.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews