HealthFusion Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Solana Beach, CA

I worked at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of flexibility as long as your work is completed and sales are closing. Great company culture. The CEO's and CFO take a genuine interest in their employees and have a fairly "open door" policy if you really need them.

Cons

Can be a bit repetitive as far as daily activities go. Other than that and common office gossip that can come back aronud somehow, it's pretty good.

Advice to Management

Have more team building exercises, but blend departments to encourage an overall "team" feel throughout the company.

"Bad management"

Former Employee - Sales in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Solana Beach, CA

I worked at HealthFusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours and nice co-workers.

Cons

Management for sales offers no help or guidance.

Advice to Management

Get a new sales manger.

3. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Solana Beach, CA

Pros

Wonderful people. The managers value each employee. Casual and relaxed environment. Room to advance.

Cons

The software is not very user friendly.

5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've currently worked for HealthFusion for over 3 years and have had the opportunity to engage with mostly everyone within the company. In my first 3 years, I worked in Customer Support as a Lead. HealthFusion has always given me the chance to grow and create my own path within the company. During my time in Customer Support, I was given the opportunity to work my way up from a Lead to a Customer Service Supervisor. I take pride in being able to be apart of the great customer service culture and work with a diverse group of employee's. Even though it's a large, growing company I value the ability to be able to work directly with upper management. Management has always allowed and encouraged employee's to voice their ideas and opinions; this is important to me because it makes me feel like I have an impact and can contribute towards the company's growth. Recently, I was given the liberty to create the company's first Client Retention Department. HealthFusion has shown me that if you are dedicated and work hard then they will invest in you and allow you to achieve your goals.

Cons

Not all employee's put in equal effort and dedication.

Advice to Management

Just continue to reward and incentivize employee's to do their best.

6. "Best place to work"

Former Employee - National Sales Executive in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - National Sales Executive in Solana Beach, CA

I worked at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company with a great company culture. Anyone should be honored to be employed here

Cons

Very "American" in how much you work. Not many days off. Not European at all. You accumulate time off.

Advice to Management

Jon Fl. please see email sent August, 2013

"Stressful, low pay & poor communication"

I worked at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, this company has a great team of people keeping it up and running.
    The money they pay the support staff is ridiculous for the difficulty/stress of the job. It's not a job where people call to ask how much their balance is, the calls are in depth and can be challenging finding bugs, testing, training on the software etc. The software looks nice, but there are a ton of issues with it which is frustrating.
    The health insurance and 401K matching were great.

Cons

Upper management constantly monitors the employees. Nobody can have their cell phones out at their desks. You have to either use your phone in the break room or outside - only do this during your scheduled break or you will get reprimanded. If you use the bathroom too much or outside of your scheduled break, they will let you know!
    Very stressful environment. Very busy call center but the customer service staff receives difficult calls, many which need time to research/test or after call follow up....they do not allow for this which ends up affecting the clients.
    Poor communication from the engineering team on what is implemented into the software which does not set the support team up for success.

Advice to Management

Pay the staff more, give the support agents time to work through issues. Make them feel valued!

8. "Great Earning Potential"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Commission plans! If you work hard in the sales department you will earn! I have earned more money every year with the company. The laid back work atmosphere is a plus. Management cares about their employees

Cons

Fast growing company so a lot of procedures and processes change over time. Just need to stay on top of everything.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job at HealthFusion.

"HealthFusion values good UX/UI Web Developers"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience/UI Web Developer in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience/UI Web Developer in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My move to HealthFusion has been the best choice I have made, both for my career and my growth as a front-end devloper. I am a passionate UX/UI Web Developer who always wants to build the best, most usable, and highest performing applications. Everyone here, from the CEO to the Junior developers, shares that passion. I certainly made the right decision.

We have a culture that values hard work and doing things "the right way". The development environment is collaborative, where everyone has a voice and decisions are made by the team. This type of setting fosters creativity and innovation, resulting in the opportunity to help build next-generation EHR, Practice Management, and Patient Portal applications.

Working two blocks from the beach isn't awful, either.

Cons

Our company is growing quickly, and our project backlog is growing with it. It has been hard to employ enough application developers to meet the level of growth.

"Business Development"

Former Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA

Pros

Great company to work for. Fat growing and good sized, but always remained true to their principles. Competitive compensation packages but especially good at recognizing strong performance and rewarding their sales reps accordingly. Overall very positive vibes and fun working environment, not to mention in a cool neighborhood with lots of options for dining and happy hours after work.

Cons

Normal little struggles with fast growth, but never felt overwhelmed. Over the years they significantly improved their hiring structure and filled in the missing pieces before things go too difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin on. Thanks for all the good times and the life lessons.

11. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at HealthFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Fast paced and always busy with great work hours. The industry and company is growing, so it's a place where you will learn a lot about Healthcare. Company culture is fun and the coworkers are all friendly. The product is one of the best in the industry. Good benefits as well

Cons

No major cons. Company is growing so sometimes have to switch desks