Holmes Structures Reviews | Glassdoor

Zander Sivyer

1. "Very good!"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Holmes Structures as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to intern! They have me doing a lot of residential work, which has allowed me to learn a whole new part of the profession.

Cons

It's been very good! I'm not sure how much other firms do this, but they could have more employee bonding and social events, especially when the interns are here to help them to get to know people!

Advice to Management

Keep doing well! Develop your intern program more possibly to have a cohesive program for interns to complete.

2. "Couldn't be happier with my time at Holmes Culley"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Holmes Structures as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the smartest structural engineers are available to learn from. Younger work force with many employees in their twenties and thirties lends to a fun and relaxed environment. Projects range from high-end residential homes to high-rise structures in downtown San Francisco so there is always exciting work to look forward to.

Cons

Relative to other structural engineering firms in the area, pay is below average, although bonuses are given out for good work. Employees were extremely busy during my time there which could be plus for some people and management was planning to hire several more engineers to spread the workload.

Advice to Management

The principle engineers are extremely helpful and manage to keep everyone busy. The company's profits and future projections are kept transparent to all employees. Seminars are often conducted to ensure engineers are kept up to date with new trends in the industry. I believe the management is doing a fine job.

3. "Great people, great place to work."

Former Employee - Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Project Engineer

Pros

Chance to work in New Zealand is pretty good if you put your hand up. Company is VERY good about work/life balance. You're given as much (or as little) responsibility as you want. Great company to learn structural engineering from.

Cons

Downside is common in the industry, money isn't very good. When economy is up you frequently have ALOT on your plate.

Advice to Management

Company is great place to work. You've been successful in creating a great work environment and the training for engineers is superb.