Hubzu Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Steve Udelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Many great product dev people to work with and product owners" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Apart from this there is nothing much to say in this section as every other things seems good" (in 2 reviews)

"Good job with lots of cool & smart people; company has lots of potential"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a start-up, company could be the Facebook of real estate. People there are smart and super nice.

Cons

As with any start-up, the hours are long and when you leave at the end of the day there's probably some deadline that you still need to meet. Company needs more autonomy.

2. "Account Manager"

I worked at Hubzu full-time

Pros

Get to work as a start up within a much larger organization. Many great product dev people to work with and product owners.

Cons

Changes to upper management several times, which changed the direction of the company. Very strict corporate rules on advancement.

"Leadership: Changing Hubzu culture and performance for the better"

Current Employee - Leadership
    Current Employee - Leadership

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hubzu culture has improved significantly in the past 18 months as the CEO has instilled the "leader-leader" ethos into the entire organization. Day-to-day performance has dramatically improved in many key business areas, including: software development, compliance, customer service, reporting, marketing, and web outage casualty control. Further, financial performance has skyrocketed as each and every employee feels empowered to make changes and execute without the top-heavy control structures seen in the past. These results are nothing short of spectacular and represent a near complete transformation of the business unit. I have witnessed a paradigm shift from the "Mother may I....." mentality to the "I intend to......" mindset. Having looked at the Glassdoor ratings and reviews of Hubzu as well as the CEO, they seem to be very accurate based upon my personal observations.

Cons

Hubzu is arguably not a good fit within the parent company, causing friction.

Advice to Management

Continue to flip the org chart and empower each and every employee to drive smart decisions.

"Good company, great leadership!"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Progressive team with decades of experience. Plenty of room for successful candidates to make their mark and grow the business.

Cons

The technology platform needs lots of work, which will keep the techie side VERY busy.

5. "Continuous growth and development opportunities through your day-to-day work"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lean startup philosophy that balances an "agilish"approach in getting product to market quicker with a commitment to delivering quality product
    - Trend towards a flatter hierarchy, and less managing which is noticeably causing greater work ownership, innovation and initiative across teams and individuals
    - Hands-on and approachable executive and leads who get involved in some of the day to day scrums to give valuable input and lend their ears on the pulse of the work
    -Good synergy and collaboration across diverse teams
    -Team focus on the importance of user experience as a key business differentiator
    -Everyone has a voice

Cons

-Overkill with meetings at times
    -For a creative person, the environment could appear sterile and lacks collaboration spaces
    -Time and remote difference across teams --- miss the face to face aspect of collaboration

Advice to Management

Make the culture a bit more 'cool' and less corporate--we are after all a startup

6. "Employees are enthused about Hubzu's fast growth and potential"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very passionate leadership! It’s wonderfully contagious to have leadership that really gets fired up over the product. People here are genuinely enthused about the direction of Hubzu.

Smart, competent, and analytical people who are always generating creative ideas.

Everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued, no matter your title. There’s a genuine attempt to have more of a horizontal-style team dynamic.

Cool perks in the ATL office like free snacks and catered lunch on Fridays.

Decent work/life balance.

Hubzu as a product is moving in a really positive direction: rapid customer growth, rapid improvement of website/tools. I feel pride in being part of this growth.

Cons

Very hard environment to focus in – tons of distractions and noise, squint-inducing fluorescent lights everywhere, open office layout.

Dependency on umbrella company for Helpdesk, etc. Also you have to deal with umbrella company’s security, meaning there are a limited amount of websites you can access, even if you have a role that requires internet research.

Advice to Management

Keep up the energy and passion and try to mold Hubzu in more of the vein of a fun technology start-up rather than a rigid corporate entity.

7. "Exciting opportunity within a proven financial services company"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to step outside of one's job description and offer suggestions and solutions in a number of areas, which in turn yields great career development potential

Cons

There can be a disconnect at times between onshore and offshore resources. Due to a great deal of continuous change over the past two years, at times it's unclear as to who your "go-to" person is in certain situations.

Advice to Management

Continue to take advice from all corners and keep the open atmosphere. The personal investment of senior management in daily meetings, calls and initiatives is refreshing and something that needs to remain even as we grow.

"Fast, focused and we deliver!"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Customer and product first from top down
    - Lean-agile culture across entire organization
    - Focus on continuous improvement
    - Executives are extremely competent, not afraid to get their hands dirty and very approachable
    - Opportunity to lead and have impact at any level of the organization if you have good ideas and initiative
    - Very open, honest culture. Our senior leaders tell it like it is and I trust them.

Cons

- dependency on parent organization for shared services support. They are not lean or agile but our leadership has been make steady impact and it is getting better
    - Not a lot of places to hide - clear accountability and transparency into everyone's work. Great if you like that like me, but not for everyone
    - infrastructure lacking - not a good place to be if you don't like to build capability. The good news is we are building world class capability into everything we do.

Advice to Management

- keep fighting for us we won't let you down and we appreciate everything you've done
    - don't stop raising the bar - it's painful at times but you are making us better
    - stay involved, we like having you in the thicke of things

9. "Entrepreneurial Culture with Uncapped Career Opportunities"

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture with uncapped career opportunities. Management is passionate about scaling operations while rewarding employee performance. Broad exposure and engagement across all teams. Leadership depth and commitment from parent company to continue build core business along with several new business initiatives.

Cons

We haven't fully realized complete autonomy from parent company in order to build a stand alone entity and independent culture.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to move forward aggressively!

10. "Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Hubzu Broker Relations
    Current Employee - Hubzu Broker Relations

I have been working at Hubzu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers who are passionate about their jobs. Things constantly changing which keeps every day exciting. My team works in a capacity similar to a start up but with the benefit of a large publicly traded company backing us. Altisource is dedicated to the success of Hubzu. Egos don't exist at Hubzu making for productive interactions.

Cons

I work remotely so most of my interaction with co-workers is by phone.

Advice to Management

Keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive!