KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hunton Group Reviews

Updated May 24, 2022

Found 37 of over 37 reviews

3.4
Hunton Group President Richard O Hunton (no image)
Richard O Hunton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great organization with competent people(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great resources to help complete jobs

Cons

A bit of a grind

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

DO NOT SIGN THE NON-COMPETE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT

May 5, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is running water there

Cons

Too many to list - Do not work there in a Sales Role.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family is what this culture is all about.

Cons

No cons for this company

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

No hope

Apr 1, 2022 - HVAC Service Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have a job. That is the only benefit.

Cons

GPS on trucks/cameras on trucks/CEO is a racist if you aren’t white you might move up but never trusted. He is a racist. There are swingers in the office passing dirty emails during work hrs. You can’t move up with out being corporate man. Managers hold grudges. You get in trouble for not helping out for someone else not doing their jobs. No freedoms and are always watched and good luck don’t say anything bad around the tool Roman people they are rats.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

Jan 4, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

No cons at this time

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stable Company

Aug 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

I can't think of anything

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The Best Place NOT to work!

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of any Pros at this time, anything good has a hidden agenda behind it from the top down.

Cons

The Cons are the Upper Management, HR Management, Safety, culture, benefits, no diversity, until upper management changes the company will never have a true culture where employees are valued as human beings.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Self-improvement encouraged and rewarded

May 15, 2021 - BAS Controls Project Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I want to start with that I'm only involved with the field work/software/hardware/product training side of things. I am primarily responsible for improving our field teams knowledge, efficiency, and productivity. I am always giving my best to achieve this and promote productivity job security instead of intellectual job security. Given that the Hunton Group is a Trane franchise office, we typically have the same learning resources as any Trane employee. Part of my role is to dispurse this knowledge to my team and train everyone on following the standards and guidelines set by Trane to the best of my ability. This also gives me the opportunity to develop helpful instruction documents to help improve productivity. Coming from other BAS Controls employers, I have been ecstatic with how easily accessible knowledge is for our team. And it's part of my responsibility to ensure everyone has access and can efficiently use these resources. I am also used as a medium between the Project Management and the field team, bringing concerns to light by keeping an anonymous line of communication with our field team. I enjoy the position that I was given, because I get to help everyone improve and protect our team from the responsibilities/duties that they are not prepared or compensated for. I don't have as much experience as some of our team, so I do my best not to undermine nor dismiss all of our teams opinions and methods. The system will only improve if we all work together. Since our team is new, we lack in some areas of structure and management. I have been a big influence on improving these with the helpful suggestions of our field team. I'm hoping what we're building is the best Controls team in the area with the highest knowledgeable employees. Another part of my job that I enjoy is helping the disgruntled customers and construction management teams to discuss and adjust their energy management needs. When I get to interface with a customer directly and give them a system that is fully automated, easy to navigate, and fits their needs, it gives my career choice a purpose.

Cons

I work in the Hunton Trane division of the Hunton Group umbrella. The BAS Controls team for this division is still fairly new and there are still some procedures that need some ironing out. Due to the Houston Controls market, we have to keep a competitive edge. Which involves deviating from Trane standards in some areas. Some are entirely new/different from Trane standards. So our own standards/guidelines conditionally need small adjustments (This is also apart of my responsibilities and I encourage team involvement to come to an optimal solution). I didn't really get trained professionally to get to where I am today. But, I am doing the best that I can to ensure that everyone else on our team has all of the resources and support that I know how to give them. A big resource our tech support portal, which I encourage everyone to use. My days don't normally end when I get home (I don't mind it that much since I don't have and dependants). What free time I have, I enjoy spending on improving or developing methods and company resources that will hopefully improve jobsite productivity. Communication across the chain of command has been a little lacking, but changes are coming. The biggest complaint I get from our team is the lack of structure in management, but again, change is coming.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Feels like family

Apr 28, 2021 - Logistics Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here really does feel like being part of the family. In my entire career I have never felt more confident in a companies leadership as I do at Hunton. They value employees, they treat us right and compensate us well. Anyone who says otherwise is just bitter that they as an employee failed to meet expectations.

Cons

In a lot of good ways, Hunton still feels like a small business. As Hunton has grown, some processes and business functions lag slightly behind the curve. Growing pains.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Family Company

Nov 9, 2020 - Territory Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a industry leading company that operates on family values. Challenging yet rewarding job that can create autonomy. The people is what truly sets this company apart from others.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews

Hunton Group Reviews FAQs

Hunton Group has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Hunton Group to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hunton Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hunton Group. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

60% of Hunton Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hunton Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hunton Group to be compensation, career development, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with Hunton Group Job Seekers