ImageSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Terry Sutherland

1. "Software Engineering Intern"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Monument, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Monument, CO

I have been working at ImageSource part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, flexibility, experience, and autonomy. I've gotten much varied experience in .Net, C#, HTML5, CSS, and many other tools and languages.

Cons

Mostly everyone lives in Seattle, and the developers are in Vietnam. There's no official documentation employee, so as an intern, expect to do a lot of doc.

Advice to Management

I am not qualified to give advice to management, but they do a good job. So, keep it up?

2. "Executive Team"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Olympia, WA

I have been working at ImageSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team atmosphere and great people to work with and learn from. Keep coming with the team building events!!

Cons

The company has been drug down with some litigation with a one of the partners that wont go away.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the unruly partner and bring back the big company parties!

"Terrible Management"

Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ImageSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Cover most expenses. Time off. Decent support. Willingness to train. No real management present ever because their primary office is in Olympia.

Cons

If you are looking for a place to make great commissions keep looking. In the event you do get close to closing a deal either management will purposely kill it or someone from the inside team will call in and crush all of your work.

Advice to Management

Retire.

5. "Flexible and Fun!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Olympia, WA

I have been working at ImageSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have an amazing group of entrepreneurial spirited minds and together this company has come so far and will continue to grow and be successful. ImageSource challenges you to be a better person, professionally and personally, every day. You are able to make a difference and have the ability to create your own professional path. The support and encouragement is beyond anything I have seen. The flexibility with the work-life balance is more than I ever expected. I was on maternity leave for 3 months and when I came back full-time I was able to work from home a couple days a week for 2 years to help adjust to schedules and keep daycare costs down. Everyone here likes to have a great time, which makes coming to work a lot of fun!

Cons

Lack of company wide events. Also, as the company grows, sometimes it is hard to find a room to hold a meeting or a quiet place to be on a conference call.

Advice to Management

Bring back the company-wide events.

"Innovative company with great employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Olympia, WA

I have been working at ImageSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees are what makes this company special. Their hard work and dedication to success shows in the level of customer service provided and the quality of product they produce. Management works hard to treat each employee as part of the family, and it resonates in the culture and high retention rate. I really like the strategic direction of the company and future outlook for the product suite. Office HQ is located waterfront on the Puget Sound with views of the state capitol, Mt. Rainier, and Olympic Mountains.

Cons

Need additional meeting space at HQ and not enough company-wide functions

Advice to Management

Keep up the "work hard, play hard" approach. Work to do more company-wide functions (team building, parties, etc...)

7. "Quality of Life!"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales, USA in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales, USA in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at ImageSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been the VP of Sales at ImageSource for 3.5 years and the work / life balance at this company is tremendous, unlike anything I've ever been associated with in my professional career. I've never worked at a company where you can actually make a difference in not only the numbers that drive the growth of the business but also have a positive impact on the culture. We are a family at ImageSource, a dysfunctional family at times but I say that with the perspective that there is no perfect family and the people that stay here really, truly do care about one another. If you come here, work hard and settle into the culture you will have one of the greatest experiences of your career, maybe your life (I'm not kidding when I say that).

Cons

We are a small company and like any small company we are resource constrained, given that we have to be very diligent about what we pursue from a business standpoint. That can be frustrating at times, but the great thing about our culture is we debate and discuss our path to success, come to a consensus and then try to achieve the goal we've set.

Advice to Management

Strategy is an area we need to continue to work on and perfect.

"Small town company, with smaller people"

Former Employee - Marketing in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Olympia, WA

I worked at ImageSource part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support and development team! There own software (i.e. ILINX) is awesome, but directly competes with other software they sell (ex: EMC). This is problematic for business development and growth.

Cons

Its in Olympia, and everyone knows each other. The headquarter office used to be a KFC so its set up really awkwardly. No room for growth because the company doesn't seem to be able to generate enough demand to grow. Absolutely no perks, and employees don't seem to enjoy coming into work.

Advice to Management

Be present and know whats happening in your company. Hire people that are qualified and let go of the ones who are not.

9. "Working for a smaller company can bring large rewards that are greater than financial gain!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Pros

Company culture is the main reason I chose to work for this company over the other higher salary/commission/bonus jobs I was offered at the same time. The ImageSource employees and team work is such a pleasure to work with each day. Internal communication and comradrey within between teams is what really makes this small company successful. Everyone is willing to listen and learn, especially with the growth in business we have been experiencing over the last year. The company culture also attracts great customers that are loyal and understand the level of industry expertise within the company - so our customers become business partners that are not only concerned about how much something will cost, compared to how effective and efficiently can the work be done. Plus we all laugh alot, especially at ourselves and it is fun to work there. The company holds a celebration event twice a year (fully paid by the company) that brings our national workforce together to bond and celebrate our achievements. It is a great way to get to know staff from other states. This is definitely a key component that enhances our company culture.

Cons

Normal challenges of balancing fast growth for the company and keeping our high level of committment to customer service. Everyone right now within the company is working hard so sometimes it can be tough going, but the end results we achieve outweigh some of the longer hours that are expected to complete a project.

Advice to Management

Due to the increase in workload and growth of the company it would be great to have a monthly recognition of staff achievements sent out to the company that were not only monetary based.

10. "Great Place to Work, yet Cliquish."

I worked at ImageSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-Life Balance. Friendly Atmosphere. Decent Benefits. Decent Training. Opportunities for Advancement.

Cons

Terrible (Although Scenic) Location. Performance Reviews Make Little Difference. Those Not Part of Boss' Clique Treated Different. ImageSource University Rarely in Session.

Advice to Management

When moving toward the future don't make the mistake of leaving the glory behind in the dust. Appreciate the workers who put in hard hours even if you go months without seeing them.

11. "Everything they do is backwards"

I worked at ImageSource full-time

Pros

The commute is was very short

Cons

Low pay, compensation plan is all for the company's benefit, management disrespectful to employees on all levels

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, Train your employees to be successful instead of badgering them for everything they try to do in helping the company move forward is a positive matter