InControl Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Overall good company"

I worked at InControl Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great products, solid manufacturing, interesting

Cons

it will really fly off the shelves when Ins pays some

2. "Accounting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at InControl Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small Company with Good Product

Cons

It is a very small company with few employees

Advice to Management

Lots of recognition from management. Customers have a lot of great things to say about the product. It is nice to work for a place that makes a difference.

3. "HVAC tech"

Current Employee - Tech in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Tech in Warwick, RI

Pros

Benefits, pay, employees and hours

Cons

Customers and how they suck

Advice to Management

Doing great

"Pelvic Health Specialist"

Former Employee - Pelvic Health Specialist
    Former Employee - Pelvic Health Specialist

I worked at InControl Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy. Laid back management. Easy to speak to upper mgmt and internal staff.

Cons

Unbalanced upper management "too many Cooks in the kitchen", with an authoritarian leader that was immature and out of touch with current medical events . Not looking at all aspects of potential sales and unfocused leadership as to direction of company. Very unprofessional weekly calls that were basically droning conversations that could have been more productive with time spent in field and handled by Region.

"Awful"

I worked at InControl Medical full-time

Pros

Great product, chance for larger territory all the time since they fire people so quickly

Cons

Awful upper management. Needs to sell company. This product would be great in the hands of another company that could properly promote the product and get it reimbursed by insurance (or at least try). They are going under, if they start hiring again look somewhere else. They will lie to get you to work there.

Advice to Management

Sell, sell, sell!!!

"RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK!"

Pros

Nothing, the product doesn't work.

Cons

Everything, lies lies lies from commission to paid time off.

Advice to Management

Give it up you're going under! Then pray for forgiveness bc of the way you treated employees and customers.

7. "Pelvic Health Specialist"

Pros

Great training program. Had a phenomenal manager and great support from the corporate office. First company I ever worked for where the CEO told certain/deserving employees that he is/was proud of them...talk about keeping morale up!

Cons

In terms of "cons"...there aren't many that I experienced. My biggest issue was the size of my territory...it was larger fairly large and did grow even more in my time with the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire, take care of and hold onto the reps you truly value. You have a great product THAT WORKS and has very little real competition.

8. "Love working for new companies!"

I have been working at InControl Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything you do matters! Every sale and every conversation makes a difference, it's great.

Cons

Things change pretty rapidly. Not really a con, but hard to deal with sometimes.

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at InControl Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good therapy. I'm supposed to enter at least 5 words in this box, but I can not think of any more.

Cons

Selling the company (or begging for a sale) but wont admit it. Getting rid of reps in back-handed ways in order to look profitable on paper for the short term. Horrible management. No business sense. Overpromise income to sales reps. They have no business calling themselves a company.

Advice to Management

Let someone who knows something about business run the company. Just because you can invent a good device, doesn't mean you are able to run an entire company. Stop lying. Listen to your 6 VPs who tell you to get this therapy on managed care and stop living in 1970. This is a great device with great results. But it will continue to go no where due to the way you treat employees and customers alike.

10. "Worst experience of my life"

Former Employee - Women's Health Specialist
    Former Employee - Women's Health Specialist

I worked at InControl Medical full-time

Pros

The product works most of the time

Cons

The product does work but breaks often.
    Insurance does not cover this device, and so as a rep you make no money (think $0 commission checks or the most I ever received was $700 before taxes).
    The company culture is the worst I have ever experienced. Unhappy reps, extremely high turnover, poor company morale, upper management who is inexperienced and lacking medical device experience, a CEO who is condescending and patronizing (and extremely unprofessional and prejudiced) to the reps at meetings/conference calls/emails, micro-management, quotas so unrealistic that no reps hit their numbers.

Advice to Management

Where do I even begin?....
    Micro-management does not work....learn to back off. Way off. Your reps have worked autonomously for years with very little management contact, and so ride alongs every other week is overkill.
    The reps you are hiring are accustomed to making six figure incomes and being treated like adults...it's time to pay your reps appropriately and treat them like the successful professionals they are.
    Managers should have years of successful medical device experience and be leaders.... Hire, grow, and promote more carefully.
    The medical world is very different than retail and/or B2B selling in the 1970s and 1980s....The CEO and VP need an in depth training on selling in the 2000s and particularly in the medical world. Doctors see right through "spin selling" and it discredits the rep.