Infina Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Highly recommend Infina!"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in McLean, VA

I worked at Infina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Beautiful, open work space
    * Breakfasts on Friday
    * Casual attire (unless, of course, a client is scheduled to visit the office)
    * Amazing off-site team company gatherings
    * Extremely talented, creative, expert, collaborative and friendly staff
    * Open communication to managment
    * On the particular project I worked on, I had the opportunity to work and collaborate with the best ISD's, editorial and graphic design project team that I've ever had the pleasure to know.
    * Work/life: During my time at Infina, I did experience some health set-backs. And Infina was accommodating. I will always be so grateful for that.
    * If the contract you're working on ends, Infina management doesn't "sugar coat" it: they are honest, up-front and let you know in advance. Sometimes we can't control the Gov't side of things. In my opinion, that's "above and beyond". That said, in my opinion, Infina has a truthful, human and caring management team.

Cons

None that I can think of. Understand, however, that there will be times during a deliverable week when you'll have to work much longer days (12-16 hours). It doesn't happen often, but when it does, the whole team, and especially the PM on the project I worked on, at least, are also all right in there with you. And the PM on the project I worked on was always right there with the team, too. And was always the last one to leave (for example, sometimes at 11:30 p.m after the rest of the team had gone home.). That kind of example of passionate leadership, sacrifice and hard work is inspiring really makes one loyal to the Infina team and its work.

Advice to Management

No advice: simply thank you. Sue and Steve Meeks are both professional, friendly and very inspiring. The Program Manager at Infina on the project that I worked with was both tough (in a great way!), smart and brilliant at the same time. In the contract world, you have to get the job done well and deliver it on time to the customer at the highest degree of quality and perfection as possible. Infina, its staff and its management team do just that.

"Not the Worst"

Former Employee - Designer in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Designer in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I worked at Infina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Breakfast every Friday. Fantastic Christmas Party. FANTASTIC Dental. 'Middle of the road' Medical/HSA and 401k matching. Management/Owners willing to make company purchases to stay up to date on current tech trends- though if they make the decisions themselves, frequently end up with something absurd.

Cons

The company is hamstrung by it's government clients- the clients are not technologically savvy enough to be able to understand what is 'good'. AT times regulations simply prevent them from doing so.

No review process implemented to review performance. Aside from rewarding strong employees, a performance review process would aid in weeding out lackluster managers.

Overall, not the worst place to be for a starter job. But an aggressively apathetic approach to raises and internal promotions make it a poor choice to try and start one's career at.

Advice to Management

If you want to attract and retain good talent, pay them what they ask. Your potential employee knows exactly what they are worth.

Implement a review process to implement raises and encorage employees to continue to grow. When nearly all the office gossip is about long-term hires not getting raises and feeling frustrated enough to be looking for a new job, you have a problem.

"Professional and Welcoming Workplace"

I have been working at Infina full-time

Pros

Caring owners and coworkers. Allotted money for training and certs for every employee. Bonus and gifts during the holidays. New and creative ideas are encouraged. Decent health and dental, but could use more options and better prescription coverage.

Cons

No clear path for job growth.

Advice to Management

Expand the agencies we contract with. More transparency with future outlook of the company.

"Great owners"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Infina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of autonomy and opportunity

Cons

Small in size, no formal departments

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great company"

Former Employee - Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Tysons Corner, VA

Pros

They care about and appreciate their staff. The owners are involved in most projects. There is a good positive atmosphere. The benefits are better than other contractors. The workplace is interesting and dynamic.

Cons

No real cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Do all project managers at Infina stink? or just one?"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in McLean, VA

Pros

They have insurance and they bring in food often.

Cons

No management of projects. Completely knee-jerk tasks, not enough people to do the work that they have promised and no resource planning. You will have no life at all if you don't constantly say no. Many people in the company constantly say no so it is now their way of operating. They say they foster collaboration but it's not actually the case. It's a sales pitch.

Advice to Management

Get some professional project managers and hire people that at least know MS Word.

"Unethical business practices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Infina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aggressively expanding operations, opportunity for growth

Cons

Company's senior leadership are unethical in their business practices and do not care about the welfare of their contractors, simply expanding their bottom line.

Advice to Management

Stop being dishonest and deceitful

"Great Government Contracting Company to Work for!"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Infina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management really cares about staff, even those working on site. They check in often and try to create a work family, outside of the federal customers that you deal with day-in and day-out. Great benefits and great parties.

Cons

Some things are out of their hands and depends on the federal customer, but they seem to be very responsive to helping solve any issues that might arise.

Advice to Management

Hopefully growth doesn't make you lose touch with keeping your staff engaged. Communication is so important, you can never reach out too much (e-mail, phone calls, site visits).

"Wonderful company"

Former Employee - Technical Writer-Editor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Writer-Editor in Washington, DC

I worked at Infina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company fosters an atmosphere of loyalty and security, even in this volatile economy. They work diligently to ensure their employees stay employed as well as provide some nice side benefits that make you feel privileged to work for them.

Cons

The salaries can be slightly on the lower side and can't/won't match competitors salaries. But, it's not horrible and the perks can outweigh that

"Excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Infina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Performance based incentives, Receptive Senior management,Good work-life balance

Cons

No other fringe benefits offered to employees

Advice to Management

Maybe should provide employees with other fringe benefits