Infoblox Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Infoblox President & CEO Jesper Andersen
Jesper Andersen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "depends on the role but in general good work-life balance" (in 21 reviews)

• "Overall it is a great place to be that has a great culture and many areas you can advance your career" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management personnel are leaving" (in 10 reviews)

• "Management turnover created a lot of employee turnover in our department" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Excellent culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time

Pros

The people here are great, they live our corporate values daily and encourage one another. They also do amazing work and provide world class products and services that I am proud to be a part of. We also have fun events like wine down Wednesday, monthly company sponsored lunches and ping pong tournaments.

Cons

Nothing so far, it's been a great experience

Aug 1, 2018 – Infoblox

Glad to hear you are enjoying your experience at Infoblox! Thank you for the review.

"Don't believe the hype the recruiters will try to sell you"

I worked at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Decent perks such as free food/snacks/drinks
    Unlimited time off if you're a salaried employee
    Some really great people doing some really great things

Cons

Extremely political
    Unrealistic deadlines for major projects
    Key players on major projects don't listen to the people actually doing the work
    Have seen others be cut down by envious coworkers
    Have seen the company values been used as weapons against some people
    C level players in many key aspects of upper management
    No real chance to move up unless you're hand selected by upper management
    Only way to get selected by upper management is by brown nosing
    Pay is being cut and roles being moved from HQ to places like Tacoma, WA and India in an effort to cut costs
    Poor 401k plan

Advice to Management

Cut the values as they honestly don't mean much when people can weaponize them and use them against others.

Oct 6, 2018 – Infoblox

Thank you for your feedback.

"Amazing People, Products and Culture! Transformations are hard, but critical for success!"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture - the morale couldn't be higher. The people are all very friendly, and the no-jerks policy is a reality.
    The products and technologies are relevant, and compelling.
    The company is self-aware, and is taking proactive steps to transform itself into a modern tech company that has a presence in the cloud.
    Lots of growth, and opportunity. If you're ambitious, there's plenty of avenues for you to progress in your career.
    The executive staff is really approachable - I literally had a beer, and a chat with the CEO on my first day!
    The business trajectory for Infoblox looks great, plenty of growth and new market opportunities.

Cons

The recent acquisition by Vista, and transformation of the company has had a morale and business impact in some areas of the company. (Though it's mostly positive for Infoblox, some sites bore a bigger impact and are still recovering in terms of morale)
    The future of the company after the Vista exit is unclear, which can lead to some FUD.
    Engineering could use some more project managers and Agile experts to help facilitate better planning and execution.
    Long Term incentives like vesting Stock don't exist, and the 401k match program is kind of light. Though, efforts are being made to address this. (This missing benefit is likely creating some increase in attrition)

Advice to Management

Double down on the investment in benefits. Focus on long term incentives to retain senior talent. Beef up 401k match, find some kind of vesting motivator to replace RSU's, etc.
    Keep momentum on transformation initiatives - the company is moving in a good direction - and don't sweat the attrition for team members who can't see how the changes will benefit the strategic position for Infoblox.
    Continue the open discussions and transparency with employees and e-staff. It maintains trust - which is critical. I've seen what big corporations look like when they lose trust in senior execs, and it's not pretty.
    Stay fun. The morale, and social involvement, and fun activities here are infectious. It makes me brag about my company to everybody I know!

Aug 1, 2018 – Infoblox

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. Your feedback and advice to management will be shared with our executives. We appreciate all of your hard work and are glad you feel... More

"Lacks Organization and Effective Management"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

• Interesting tech. This varies team-by-team, though. I can't speak for the company as a whole.

• Lots of opportunities to develop relevant skills, so long as you're motivated and care about getting better.

• Friendly coworkers.

• Pretty good work/life balance.

Cons

• Incredibly disorganized and chaotic due to poor management from the senior engineering managers.

• Low engineering standards. Infoblox cares very little about code quality and common-sense development practices, which is a morale killer.

• Infoblox has a very corporate atmosphere, which can sometimes gross me out (e.g. badly-used memes in company-wide emails).

• Cheap. I don't buy that once-a-week lunches are "too expensive" for a multi-million dollar security company.

Advice to Management

Establish a clear technical vision for the company. Most people don't know what they'll be working on in a week, let alone six months.

Oct 6, 2018 – Infoblox

Thank you for the detailed feedback. It will be shared with our engineering management team.

5. "A Time of Change"

I worked at Infoblox full-time

Pros

Good opportunities for new people going in.

Cons

No where near the same environment for those who had been around for a while.

Oct 6, 2018 – Infoblox

Thank you for your review.

"Going on 5 years!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am going on my 5th year at Infoblox and recently relocated to the Tacoma office from Santa Clara! I have enjoyed all 5 years at Infoblox because of the amazing people and culture. The growth opportunities at Infoblox are real -- I started as a Contractor and am now managing a team of four! I look forward to my text 5 years!

Cons

There are not a lot of cons to share

Aug 1, 2018 – Infoblox

Congratulations on your move to Tacoma! It sounds like you have had quite the Infoblox journey-- thank you for sharing!

7. "field engineering"

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company cares about training and enabling the field. Lots of attention to training activities to drive the right behavior. First line of management as well as executive group aligned with the field in order to provide right outcome.

Not devoid of stress but overall a good company to work for.

Cons

From time to time it is required for you to wear multiple hats making results difficult to achieve.

Advice to Management

none

Oct 6, 2018 – Infoblox

Thank you for your feedback! We are very dedicated to training and enablement to ensure our employees are set up for success!

8. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am very happy working here at Infoblox! My coworkers are fun, pleasant to work with, and very intelligent. My manager is extremely supportive and tries his best to help me grow. There is a giant beanbag, a well-used and well-loved Ping Pong table, and free monthly lunches (as well as free oatmeal, cereal, fruits, and snacks). Work is engaging. We use a lot of new technologies, so there's a lot to learn and grow.

Cons

The sparsity of free lunches. Currently, we have free lunches only once a month. I would give 5 stars if we got more free lunches.

Aug 1, 2018 – Infoblox

We will alert management regarding more free lunches :)

9. "Awesome first place to work out of college"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working on interesting and unique problems
    Working with most current technologies
    Lots of trust and freedom to work and learn
    Company events are frequent and fun
    Unique and warm culture

Cons

Pay is slightly below market standard

Aug 1, 2018 – Infoblox

We are glad you are enjoying the work you are doing and the culture of the company. Thanks for choosing to join us after college!

10. "Software Developer"

I worked at Infoblox full-time

Pros

Great environment to work, great location

Cons

Not many career growth opportunities