Innovative Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Network Engineer"

I have been working at Innovative Solutions full-time

Pros

A lot of company functions. Comfortable office

Cons

Overload techs with to many accounts. Spread to thin.

2. "Not a long term employer"

I worked at Innovative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay,
    Nice fellow employees.
    Provided proper equipment.

Cons

Too much expected for the pay. Nights, weekends and holidays were expected to be donated because sales miscalculated development time.

Advice to Management

Learn from your past and adjust how you make time estimates. Giving a short time to get the contract and then driving your engineers into the ground to try and meet the estimates does not make for a stable engineering environment.

3. "Bad place to work. Don't sign the "non-compete""

I worked at Innovative Solutions full-time

Pros

Free lunches
    Not much else worth mentioning
    The outward perception of this company is very good.

Cons

*Salaries are much lower than other places in the area and make the good employees look elsewhere. They overcharge and underpay.
    *Toxic Atmosphere
    *Employees find out about benefits package from reading it in the Democrat and Chronicle. When the Democrat and Chronicle comes to take pictures employees are told to go to the "family room" and to act like they love their jobs.
    *No clear direction for the company.
    *Fake Transparency
    *Expensive anniversary party, expensive Christmas party, an end of the year meeting to show that the company is doing well, installation of a basketball court, followed by non-performance related lay-offs that the CEO said the bank made them make.
    *When putting in resignation they want you to keep it quiet.
    *CEO threatens to fire clients when the clients are unhappy.
    *They don't understand their "non compete" that they make all employees sign and then try to abuse it. I saw this happen with multiple employees.

4. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Innovative Solutions full-time

Pros

Innovative Solutions really works hard to make sure employees are happy, and they try to make everyone feel like they are a "part of the family". Management has open doors and is helpful. They encourage you to take steps to grow your career by paying for certifications that interest you if they can be applied to your role.

Cons

Dress code; you can't wear jeans. You no longer need to wear ties but be prepared to spend money on pants and button down shirts if you don't have a large collection already.

Advice to Management

Reduce the number of one on one's. It starts to feel like micromanagement when you have too many of them.

5. "Ownership Responsibilities"

Pros

Ability to be autonomous as an owner

Cons

Uneven income because of erratic clients

Advice to Management

Be better funded before going into business for yourself

6. "Decent Employer"

Pros

Nothing worth mentioning. It is a decent place to work after college.

Cons

nothing worth mentioning...decent place to work but not for long term.

Advice to Management

no advice needed

"{Innovative Solutions}"

I have been working at Innovative Solutions full-time

Pros

General Lack of vision
    Conflicted/ Two-faced management
    Meetings to talk about meetings
    Inflated value
    Under-estimated Staff
    Harassment
    Violations
    Declining Revenue
    "Fired" Clients?
    Terrible, I mean TERRIBLE community reputation

Cons

If you read the "Pros" and are still looking for "Cons" you've gone too far. Stop. Go to the top of the page and re-read the "Pros".

Advice to Management

Management is not interested in advice. Management is self interested. They might want to pay attention to the "decisions" they've made and realize how they impact the rest of their crumbling organization.

"Overall a Great Company; well-poised for future growth"

I have been working at Innovative Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Access to Management with a door always open attitude; collaborative environment even amidst growth and change.

Qualitative: Energetic and approachable teammates, leadership that facilitates culture through "ThinkTank" Friday ideashare once per month to let voices be heard. In general, the company is made up of people who work hard and have goals and aspirations. Of course there are people in every organization that simply collect a paycheck, but this culture encourages the former. Some of Rochester's absolute BEST & BRIGHTEST technology people work at Innovative Solutions. Furthermore, I would say on top of the expertise contained in the organization, it is a culture that drives the customer to see their problems from a different and new perspective. My opinion is that this is what has caused the continuous success

Quantitative: Company offers competitive salaries & benefits, reimburses reasonable business expenses. 401K matching program. Bi-monthly payroll cycle. Company has grown 10-20% each year consecutively for many years. This year has included several milestones in company history from a growth perspective. Service offering has continued to establish.

CEO: Talk about access! This is a person who stops by everyone's (yes, everyone's) office several times per week to simply ask them how they are doing. A simple thing that goes a long way in creating a culture of trust, accountability, and respect.

Cons

some overextension of resources; but we are in the business of serving our customers, sometimes regardless of the day or time. Management is making an effort to address this where possible.

There are sometimes communication issues; but my experience is that they are resolved with direct and open dialogue.

9. "A wonderful company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Innovative Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management staff truly cares about their employees. I started working at Innovative Solutions as a fairly young professional, a bit unsure and inexperienced. My Director and colleagues helped to provide me with the knowledge and expertise to grow and excel not only in my position at Innovative, but in my career. The staff is friendly and has a work hard play hard mentality. Had I not been offered a position in my dream industry I would've stayed at Innovative Solutions much longer. I recommend the company at every chance given to me.

Cons

Honestly, there was nothing that I disliked about working here.

"A great place to grow!"

Former Employee - Network Technician in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Network Technician in Rochester, NY

I worked at Innovative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative is a great place to work if you enjoy having a good deal of variety in your work. Opportunities abound to work with many different colleagues, technologies, business types, and customer personalities. You will find opportunities to expand your horizons and/or ultimately find a technical niche to develop at an expert level.

Cons

Consulting involves very specific time management. Tracking and reporting your time every day can become tedious.