Integra Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Monitor and Control the Semi Conductors manufacturing process"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Integra Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good platform to learn the concepts of Manufacturing and Quality Control

Cons

No Cons for this company

2. "leak detection technician"

Former Employee - Leak Detection Technician in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Leak Detection Technician in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Integra Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

wage is ok around 20/hr

Cons

temporary jobs, no long term,

3. "Unethical"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Pros

I worked here as a temp and it provided simple and consistent work. I was able to work here for 6 months until any real deal breaking issues arose. There is a lot of accountability in your work here which encourages improvement. Really great shift leads and supervisors that seem to genuinely care about their workers.(unfortunately not the rest of the management, I'll get to that below) If you keep your head down, work overtime, and don't ask for any time off its a great place to work. They are almost always hiring.

Cons

I do not wish to sound disgruntled so I'll try to word my response very carefully. That being said I do feel I should speak frankly because is the first position I ever felt I needed to resign from due to ethical reasons.

The management has destroyed the morale of many of the best workers I've seen at integra. Scheduling is often the biggest concern. Time requests off, especially for temps, are often denied with no explanation even with sufficient notice. Overtime is great however it often is scheduled with only a few days notice as the result of poor planning from management. When employees have prior engagements, the management simply holds firm and reminds its workers that overtime is mandatory. Do not expect management to grant time off for your wedding, family events, or even your own mother's funeral. (all of which have been denied to employees under the current management)

The operations manager has a reputation of being dishonest and has even been caught lying to multiple employees. Temps are treated like numbers. However, from what I've seen full-time operators don't have it much better. Communication is severely lacking and correction is rarely given. Most people who are terminated aren't given any warning and often times their supervisors or leads have no idea that they're gone until their next assigned work day. Often Integra even lies to the temp agencies to justify termination. (false reports of no call no shows or poor production) If you do decide to work here make sure you stay on the operations manager's good side. He's often rash and will terminate temps out of spite.

Morale is extremely low. Especially for workers on graveyard shifts and unfortunately the cross talk between other workers just fuels the resentment about management. If you do decide to work here keep to yourself as much as possible and you should be fine.

Advice to Management

Learn a name. Ask about people's families. INVEST in your employees, even temps. I lost count of the number of single parents that were terminated without warning who could have and wanted to grow into great assets for the company. From my perspective workers seem to care a lot more about Integra than Integra seems to care about its workers. There's a reason why nearly every 2 week training class is filled to the max. Yes, there are some bad eggs... but when staffing companies tell you to chill out because they can't keep up with your demand... you might have a problem.

"Great Introduction"

Former Employee - Student Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at Integra Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

The people are absolutely great to work with
    As a first professional job, it introduced me to the workplace well
    The processes were well documented
    As an intern, they were extremely flexible and scheduling was never a problem

Cons

While management would listen to feedback, few changes seemed to make it through
    Changes to procedure were not well implemented across the board
    Reorganizing anything through management was a pain and ideas concerning efficiency seemed to be ignored

Advice to Management

The processes are documented well, but finding more efficient ways to manage engineering tasks and data processing would go a long way to reduce the amount of time spent going through data and finding problems

5. "Stable and consistent job, but can be high stress"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Integra Technologies part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Job security in the engineering department is great. A lot of engineers with decades of experience working here.
    - Lots to learn for an electrical engineer - there's always work to do
    - Engineering management is generally supportive

Cons

- High expectations and tight deadlines are abound, which can be quite stressful
    - Outside of the engineering department the employee retention rate is very low
    - If you don't want to support the military-industrial complex, this might not be a place for you. The building entrance is lined with images of missiles.

Advice to Management

Company culture needs some re-evaluation. Employees need to see their value throughout their career, and not just when they are submitting their two weeks.
    Don't send an email about how expensive styrofoam cups in the break room are immediately after a meeting about multi-million dollar deals. It's little and cheap things like that which make employees feel undervalued.

"Very poor place to work"

Former Employee - Senior FA Engineer in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Senior FA Engineer in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Integra Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My direct boss present before Integra took over the company. Integra bought out the company I worked for but allowed the structure for my group to continue initially.

Cons

You feel like you are a number on a piece of paper to Integra. They give you what I call "bobblehead" service in which they insult you by nodding along to anything you have to say and never value the input. Some how they believe throwing more managers at perceived problems will fix things. I work at a national company with 12,000 employee that has less VPs than this small company. They are very suspect in their "behind closed door" activities where you have ZERO transparency into any decision being made. And those decisions are typically the worst of any options available. They have no problem lying to your face. They under pay to anyone below a managers level and have the audacity to tell you the market says otherwise (as if this information isn't widely available to find out). They don't invest in you as an employee. They focus on details that have little to do with an actual problem rather than fixing the problem. I've seen 6-10 people fired for minimal mistakes while management has screwed the pooch and lost valuable customers and are currently working there.

If you'd like to simply show up and collect a paycheck worth less than you deserve with ZERO advancement opportunities and feel insulted by how little management thinks you are able to provide valuable input into a company, this is your place. I worked here for 6+ years prior to integra taking over. They seemed to take a "plane" that was on a collision course with the ground and point the nose further downward and hire twenty other pilots along the way all while ignoring the screams from "passengers" to pull up so we don't crash.

Advice to Management

Downsize your VP/GM structure by half. Listen to the successful employees who have a demostrated history of knowing better than you. Stop lying to employees in some cloak and dagger type manner. Quit picking the worst possible option available when decisions are made. Most of all, VALUE YOUR EMPLOYEES. You want increase sales and better customer service, you'd be surprised what a happy employee is willing to do. "Treat your employees like that matter, and they WILL"

7. "integra"

Former Employee - Technician in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Technician in Pasadena, TX

Pros

They were cool for the most part and respectful

Cons

Management needs alot of work and also safety needs work

Advice to Management

Step your game up

8. "Very Cheap"

Former Employee - Engineering Student in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Engineering Student in Wichita, KS

I worked at Integra Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting field of work. There is a lot to learn in terms of testing and characterization of ICs

Cons

Mangement, all of it. They are rude, do not know how to empower their employees...

Advice to Management

Get some education and be competitive

9. "My co workers were friendly. Many were just business, hard to read."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I worked at Integra Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean environment. They close for many standard holidays. Normally they close for the week between Christmas and New Year.

Cons

The pay was not that good.

"Low paying and mostly monotonous tasks - average intern position."

Former Employee - Student Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at Integra Technologies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible schedule
    - Occasionally you get to work on some neat things, especially for somebody interested in circuit-board design

Cons

- Majority of daily tasks can be very repetitive
    - Employee morale below average

Advice to Management

Let students engineers work with full-time engineers more