Invensys Controls Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Mike Caliel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wished it were longer employment"

Current Employee - Global Change Management Process Lead in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Global Change Management Process Lead in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Invensys Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, great pay, good people, gave me excellence severance package for pnly 6 months

Cons

Was recruited from my previous job of nearly to years. Was brought on and after 6 months was layed off due to company lay offs.

Advice to Management

Do not recruit a person from a permanent job just to lay them off 6 months later. This really impacted my family...

2. "Good work life balance, not good direction"

Current Employee - Project Engineer (Mechanical Engineering) in West Plains, MO
    Current Employee - Project Engineer (Mechanical Engineering) in West Plains, MO

I have been working at Invensys Controls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a good work atmosphere, the coworkers and schedule make work enjoyable. Lots of automation for cost reductions

Cons

Low margin on several components drive manufacturing and design to low wage regions of the world. Established designs effective but not innovative.

Advice to Management

Need to develop new products, and incentives that help establish a pride in the products.

3. "Disappointed in a Promising Position"

Former Employee - Quality
    Former Employee - Quality

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and the people there are very down to earth. They had a great reputation in the nuclear industry at one time, but it is slowly fading. I hope that the new management is capable of bringing this area under Schneider Electric back to its glory days.

Cons

Some of the requests for me to fulfill were unethical or questionable. Amazed that some of the things employees are allowed to get away with there as I have not worked for an organization before where I was asked to lie. Also, as a person who used to audit such companies as this one to be a supplier for nuclear work, I would hesitate at their current practices and ask a lot of questions. If you are considering them as a potential contractor, I suggest a lot of oversight from the contracting organization.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to audits conducted by your staff as they are informative and could assist your business in the future.

4. "Overall positive place to work"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance was good

Cons

I found limited opportunity for advancement

5. "Great experience at Invensys controls"

I have been working at Invensys Controls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products, Supportive management, Good people

Cons

You will never get rich

Advice to Management

Salaries could be higher

6. "A little plant with the will to succeed."

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Engineering focused, consisent drive for goals

Cons

program of the week, lack of transparency

7. "great place to work and learn."

Former Employee - Model Maker in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Model Maker in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Invensys Controls full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good pay and people that cares

Cons

no top down infomation so the low man can fell like part of the company

Advice to Management

talk to the low man he knows more then you think

"KAOS, Confused Management and Confused Chief Scheduler and his strategy is to hire and fire schedulers"

Current Employee - Senior Project Controls Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Controls Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

Pros

They have good food and it is free for all employees. The company has a play ground and allows employees to play during their off hours. I liked the fact that certain departments really cared about their employees, but the department I was in (Scheduling) had a manager and me. He kept me in the dark and did not let me setup project schedule meetings with anyone.

Cons

Project managers will not cooperate with Project controls, and they will ask you why you are there, when you are there to help them, but they don't want it. During my time there, they did not cooperate with me at all. I have worked for 3 of the top contractors in the world. Project controls manager is extremely incompetent and will try to get rid of you just to secure his position. You will be the sacrificial lamb

Advice to Management

Allow project controls engieer to get invloved with the project. Make project controls a part of the monthly report and require weekly or bi-weekly updates. Get rid of the Project Controls Manager that does not produce and keeps complaining that we have too much to do.

"Lots of Promises, but no follow-through"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL

Pros

Decent Pay and benefits. Most of the people you work with are great to get along. Nice to still have a job in this economic environment (knock on wood).

Cons

Management simply does not listen to anybody who has any clue as to what is going on or how to fix a variety of problems. A lot of micromanaging and low expectations. And, as mentioned by another poster, they frequently fix the preformance rating system. They will give EE (Exceeds Expectations) ratings to lower level employees with lower salaries because the impact of giving that employee a higher percentage raise is minimal.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge your employees and stop fixing the supposed fair and honest performance management system. The Invensys "Values" are a joke otherwise and we all see right though you. Tough economy or not people will start moving on and many people are looking.

"Of all the jobs I worked at after getting out of the Air Force, Invensys Controls is the most satisfying."

Current Employee - Assembler in West Plains, MO
    Current Employee - Assembler in West Plains, MO

Pros

The Pay-rate is above average for the area the Company is located at and the benefits package is more than satisfactory. I also like the way Management recognizes safe work habits, by giving the employees a free dinner.

Cons

Working 10 hour days can be trying at times, especially when working overtime, that really cuts into the much needed time off.

Advice to Management

I've noticed how alot of people treat their job as a social club, they spend more time standing around talking to their friends and not doing actual work. Higher quality and more quantity of work could be done, if everyone would concentrate on doing their jobs instead of talking to their friends. My advise to leadership is to try to restrict the amount of socializing that is going on, which in turn would cut down on mistakes made on the job.