Inviso Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Martin Wolfram

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to work and learn. very nice people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Inviso full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-As a full time employee, you will find freedom to express your thoughts and show impact.
    -Great people here. All managers came from top notch companies.So, they will give value to each individual.
    - Great work life balance
    - Events all around the year.
    - Flat structure and your efforts will be visible all the way to CEO quickly.

Cons

- Not a very big in terms of head count.
    - You will be hired for a particular role and you don't have more choice to move teams or projects around because, not many teams here. But, you will be well treated in your role.

2. "I've Seen Worse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Good work/life balance
    Employees are generally friendly

Cons

Not many projects and the projects that come in are boring and simplistic. Not sure how company is profitable. They seem to hire talented people with a lot to offer the company. However, these same employees become disgruntled and demoralized when the company and the management refuse to do things differently. Good ideas or suggestions are often thwarted because it's not the idea of management. I was there two years and saw it happen time and time again.

INVISO, IT'S TIME TO CHANGE!

Advice to Management

I wonder if the CEO is aware of what the management is doing to his company. Just because someone spent the better half of the 90's working for Microsoft, doesn't make them a progressive and forward-thinking manager. Listen to the people you employ! Create a work environment where people are comfortable sharing thoughts or opinions.

3. "Inviso"

Pros

The one good thing about Inviso is if you like to work outdoors your good, lots of fresh air.

Cons

Some of the downside to working at inviso is there is no communication and they are now using a staffing agency for employees.

Advice to Management

Advice to Inviso management is to pay your employee's for what their worth, communicate with your employee's, hire employee's that actually want to work.

"Feels like a family..."

Former Employee - Business Consultant
    Former Employee - Business Consultant

Pros

I do contract work and need a consulting company's infrastructure to help with my invoicing and payroll accounting. They were so welcoming and super helpful with helping me navigate the necessary paperwork. They are highly professional and competent. My contract ended on 12/31/15, but I would welcome the opportunity to work with them again.

Cons

No real cons. I'm hopeful that I can return to Inviso with my future contract work. Ideally, I can help to address an expanded service offering to their current client base.

"Great work life balance"

I worked at Inviso full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for skill development, fun laid back environment, and great wfh/flex-time policies.

Cons

In my experience, the projects were quite cyclic, which as an FTE was nice for the week or two after the busy period, but then became quite boring, and it was slightly demoralizing to see all the contractors brought on for the bigger projects let go.

6. "Overall positive experience"

I worked at Inviso full-time

Pros

Supportive, fun company culture. Laid-back office environment. Management willing to jump in and help.

Cons

Little room for career growth/lack of mentoring for career growth.

Advice to Management

Create a company program for employee career and skills growth

"What Do You Want With Your Career?"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Inviso full-time

Pros

If you want to float along in your career and not really have to worry about much, this is a great place to be. If you want to make something of your career, it's better to head somewhere else.

- Layback culture
    - Nice people
    - Low pressure environment

Cons

- Limited/boring projects and you have no visibility to pipeline
    - Too dependent on a single client for work
    - People are treated like resources that can be replaced
    - Little management and lack leadership
    - Poor company communication

Advice to Management

Put in better management in place that takes time to guide junior people, provide quality training, mentorship, and set people up to succeed. This is a much better option than giving them a laptop and asking them to put the extra time in self training. If team members have so much time on their hands, they should be put on internal projects that makes the company a better place to work such as developing process/templates. The best way for someone to learn is through hands on experience.

Diversify client base and get other clients/projects instead of the same old stuff that seem to go on forever. Don't be afraid to fire the client if they are stepping out of the line or not so great to work with.

Hire account managers that actually can bring in physical sales across multiple clients. The hiring process should be fair and vigorous. A reference for family members or friends should go through the same hiring progress to ensure the company has the best available resources to handle delivery. If hiring a technical person, they should be able to answer basic technical questions.

Lastly, put in places some valuable metrics/measure so everyone can see performance progress. Management should be able to answer or project the kinds of work coming in the next quarter at the very minimum.

8. "Great place to learn and grow your experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Inviso full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - An awesome manager
    - Company culture/environment
    - Flexibility
    - Opportunities
    - Training
    - Co-workers
    - Benefits/Perks

Cons

Nothing I could really think of besides the busyness of senior managers - don't get to know talk to the senior managers often because they are so busy with their own projects.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I really like my manager; he is very supportive and gives guidance to junior level/entry-level employees.

"Knowledgeable folks, lots of freedom"

I have been working at Inviso full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom in how you choose to manage yourself. The FTEs are very knowledgeable and management was always looking to develop talent throughout my tenure here. They really do make and deliver worthwhile stuff, and it was always great to be a part of that. Fun group too, they really like to be friendly and have a good time when it comes down to it.

Cons

If you are in Inviso Consulting Group (i.e. not in-house FTE), you may as well be on the moon in terms of how involved you are.

"Great potential, amazing coworkers and work culture."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Inviso full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, managers are always willing to help develop new employees, great benefits and work culture.

Cons

There is a lack of training resources.