Invoca Reviews

4.3
Invoca CEO Gregg Johnson
Gregg Johnson
Pros
Cons
  • "Scaling a start up has a lot of growing pains(in 8 reviews)

• "We are growing and expanding in Denver and SF, so there's still work to do to ensure these other offices are on the same "level" as HQ in Santa Barbara(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Invoca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, leadership, collaboration, exciting work

Cons

cant think of any cons, its really a great place

2. "Amazing people and culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Product Designer in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Invoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, culture and overall vibe of the teams. All the snacks and conversations you can have! Also, dog friendly!

Cons

Amount of daily meetings make it difficult to get work done.

Continue reading

"Fantastic team and innovative product!"

Former Employee - Director of Technical Services in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Invoca full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

An employee-focused culture with an incredibly talented and passionate team make Invoca a very special place to work. The marketing technology product they offer is a game-changer for marketers and the company overall has a very bright future ahead if the current leadership can continue to deliver.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are certainly some growing pains as the teams learn to scale, but overall the company is investing in the right parts of the business and most importantly, investing in their people.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative

I have been working at Invoca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Invoca is a Great Company

Cons

None that I can personally think of

Continue reading

"Invoca aligns with the values I need to be happy in life."

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Invoca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the most important things that has always stood out to me since joining Invoca is the values the company has that align with how I live my life. Invoca allows for the flexibility I need to be successfully both personally and professionally. I work with people who I consider to be my friends, to solve problems for our customers by working on difficult but exciting problems!

Cons

Invoca is undergoing a lot of growth. As expected, that comes with growing pains which takes some figuring out in areas like salary banding, projecting head count, etc. That said, the majority of this pain is often absorbed by the right people, making it (hopefully) transparent to the majority.

February 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your response! Growing does come with growing pains, however, we're trying to navigate that proactively and positively. We do have amazing people here!

"Excellent people in a fast-paced development environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Invoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

- smart, helpful, and friendly people - dog-friendly - ability to work remotely - lots of opportunity for professional growth

Cons

- none come to mind

"It's all here: Amazing Product, Amazing Leadership, Amazing People!!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Invoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is perhaps the best culture I've ever worked in. Everyone is happy to be here, raves about the leadership and cares deeply about the success of the company.

Cons

The company is doing well and growing quickly so there are a few minor growing pains which is to be expected.

October 8, 2019Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for this review! Our culture is pretty amazing. As you said though, growing pains are definitely part of our tremendous growth. We are doing a lot to make sure that as we grow and change, what remains constant is the incredible culture that we've worked so hard to build. Thank you for your input!

"Emphasis on people"

Current Employee - Senior Onboarding Specialist

I have been working at Invoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Invoca is all about people and the team. The onboarding process was made so easy and it was so well organized. The productis very complex but extremely exciting.

Cons

None that I can think of now.

October 8, 2019Talent Acquisition Director

We are all about our people! We have a really amazing team here at Invoca. Thank you for your specific feedback on the onboarding process. People and Culture, in partnership with each department, has been working hard in the past 9 months to develop processes that help our newest team members feel welcome, learn our culture and get up to speed quickly. We are always looking to improve so please keep the input coming!

"Opportunity to Grow Alongside Amazing People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Invoca full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Invoca is a company that attracts great people. And that's hard to find. I've had tech jobs where the egos and workaholic mentalities take over and create a cycle of stress. That doesn't fly at Invoca! - I've been given many growth opportunities, and have put more on my resume in six months than I did in the two years previous. But, I don't feel overwhelmed, and I can be very open with my team if I need to pass on a project or need a deadline extension. - I work out of the SF office, and it's the perfect opposite of so many jobs here in the city. I don't have to put in crazy hours like so many of my peers at other tech companies, and there isn't that environment of fire-drilling. It's a great place to work for someone looking to come in to a positive workplace, do work they care about, and still get to go home and have a life. - Invoca is currently making employee feedback and needs a huge priority. By hiring a new VP of People and Culture, and providing resources to that whole team, positive changes are already being made.

Cons

- I am in a remote office (SF), but still feel connected to my team. I do know that isn't always the case for every remote employee at the company. I know things are in the works to improve that. - This may be a con for some job-searchers: I you're looking for a flashy Silicon Valley company with unlimited free breakfast/lunch/dinner/happy hours/massages/personal trainers/sleeping pods — Invoca isn't that. We do have a great snack selection, and a constant supply of the infamous La Croix that techies can't seem to go without, but the company doesn't spend frivolously.

June 4, 2019Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! We value transparency at Invoca and this feedback to management and to candidates is very powerful. As you said, employee feedback is a huge priority and we appreciate the time and effort you obviously took in writing this.

"Proud to be an Invocan"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Invoca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Genuinely great people—I love my coworkers. They are hardworking, driven, and always willing to collaborate or help out • Excellent benefits and competitive compensation, including bonuses • Industry leading software • Well-supported by my manager and other company leaders • Beautiful office space in the heart of Santa Barbara

Cons

• Open office floor plan can be somewhat disruptive and distracting • Priorities shift regularly

April 29, 2019Talent Acquisition Director

We do have genuinely great people at Invoca! Thank you for your feedback on prioritizing our diversity and inclusion. It is important and we need to weave it into the fabric of our culture at all levels. Thank you for the input!

Found 72 reviews