JTG Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Ahmed Shehata
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work, Learn, and Grow"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee-Owned company; great benefits; great mentoring program, open opportunities company-wide; excellent leadership team.

Cons

Nothing worth noting here.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing and expanding JTG.

2. "Professional growth opportunities and genuine care for employees"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

JTG offers fantastic opportunities for professional growth and career development at every level. Senior management actively mentor employees and encourage growth from within. I have been encouraged to participate in challenging new projects that helped me gain the experience I need for new skills and promotion. I have seen them do the same for everyone looking to grow professionally.

JTG offers continuous training to employees at every level and encourages the pursuit of professional certifications with the opportunity to apply them directly to your position. If you are motivated, and looking for a challenging environment with opportunity to grow, this is the place!

JTG’s leadership is the absolute best at what they do, and make time to check in with all employees regularly. Taking good care of JTG’s human capital is clearly a priority to them, and is reflected in JTG’s generous contributions towards employee benefits. Care for employee welfare is part of the company culture, noticeable at all sites and in all teams I have worked with.

It is worth noting that JTG is an employee-owned company, where all employees are major contributors in the growth of the company, and are the primary beneficiaries of customers’ satisfaction.

Cons

None that are note worthy

3. "Well known for high turnover in the industry"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at JTG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very minimal positives outside of decent vacation policies.

Cons

Sink or swim attitude. People are constantly leaving the company due to resignations and firings. Management provides no training but makes huge demand when there are time crunches. All focus is on earning new work, not doing well projects after they have been awarded. Shady practices with money and numbers, do not even have a certified accountant. CEO is incredibly difficult to work with and after working with other companies in the industry I know that everyone feels this way.

Advice to Management

Very little to say. The company has accepted that they will treat people poorly and that there will be constant turnover. They hire young employees with little experience and have huge expectations with no training. Notice all the other reviews mimic the same sentiment, "We have great training!". This is a clear response to the bad reviews initially posted on this site.

"Great Career Advancement"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cross-training and guidance is the best in the industry; the managers are actively engaged in the employee’s career development. All the colleagues, without exception, are team oriented and friendly. If you are looking for professional growth and willing to expand your horizon JTG is the place to be.

Cons

Very fast pace work environment due to the continual growth of the company. However, it is compensated by the outstanding learning experience and amazing opportunities the company prepares its employees for.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting employees' professional growth

"Sick Leave"

Current Employee - TDNA in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Current Employee - TDNA in Fort Belvoir, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Combines sick leave with holiday leave.
    More flexibility to use when needed

Cons

Snow days slows down the busy work week.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting the workforce outside corporate headquarters.

"Professional, Friendly and Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent college graduate, I couldn't be happier to start my career off at such a friendly and professional workplace. I have learned so much about the industry. Upper management is very supportive and appreciate all that the employees do for the company.

Cons

Wish the building had a gym associated with it.

"Great Place to Work, Learn, and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior PM in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior PM in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, convenient location, competitive salaries, generous bonuses at the end of the year. JTG gave me the chance and my first job after college. Once I proved myself, I was promoted and got a huge salary increase.

Cons

The dress code (coat and tie) all week except for Friday.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me and many others the chance to succeed.

"Great"

Current Employee - Journeyman SIGINT Analyst in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Current Employee - Journeyman SIGINT Analyst in Fort Belvoir, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers
    On the job training is first rate.

Cons

Promotional opportunities are not good

"A very professional and welcoming company with a wonderful track record"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at JTG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The diverse and experienced employees are all hard working people who strive to excel in their positions, while still finding the time to maintain positive and ongoing relationships with their clientele and fellow staff members. JTG Inc. has amazing employee insurance benefits as well, and strives to keep its customers/contractors as happy as its employees.

Cons

While I cannot attest to any noticeable cons that JTG Inc. might have, I have yet to be disappointed with the position and job duties I have been assigned, and I have not heard of any complaints from JTG Inc. affiliates. If there were any complications, they were minor, and were remedied as promptly and thoroughly as possible.

Advice to Management

Keep the company growing!

"Large turnover due to poor treatment of employees, frustrating management"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA

Pros

The insurance is fantastic. They provide a very good PPO plan and pay for all of it. They do this because of the large amount of employees that are current/former military that require such insurance.

Cons

Management gets on peoples bad sides very quickly. At our headquarters, there are no more than 10 people at any given time. Since I have started, 5 people have quit or have been fired. No direct management interaction, they prefer to talk to a third party about an individual to solve problems rather than addressing the individual directly. This leads to more problems. The strongest workers are not appreciated, but rather overworked until they are dejected. Yelling occurs often in the office, and in an office of 10, it becomes unbearable. The company has its own software that is required use, but nobody (including the President) knows how to use it and there is no training provided for it. There is no training of any kind, once you walk in, you are handed a book that details procedures, and that is the extent of training.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and do not resort to dishonesty when there are problems in the office. Provide training for all employees.