Found 71 of over 85 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Jones Knowles Ritchie
Got a burning question about Jones Knowles Ritchie? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Jones Knowles Ritchie employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Jones Knowles Ritchie and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 16, 2023Senior DesignerCurrent Employee
wonderful people and a real concern with producing excellent work.
changes in structure make project management a bit challenging - but concerns are heard.
- 1.0Apr 13, 2023Senior Graphic DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Experience working on global brands They used to win awards
• No work-life balance — Place is a sweatshop and nobody has any personality or interests outside of work because of it • Massive egos — They would say crazy things like "there's no room for ego here" but what they mean is that there's no room LEFT once you take the CCO, ECD, and CD's delusional personalities into account • Toxic drinking culture — On company retreats, they'd wheel out kegs at like 10am. The company once got kicked out of a bar because the CCO was so trashed, he fell and broke a bunch of stuff • Unfulfilling work — The work is cool if you want to make alcohol more appealing to alcoholics and fast food more appealing to obese Americans • Diversity — It was 99% white. There were like 2 black people when I worked there and one was the only person with a Harvard degree2
- 3.0May 24, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
- 100% paid healthcare with generous employer sponsored FSA - 25 PTO days with more company holidays - Smart coworkers dedicated to their craft - Frequent Happy Hours, outings and employee get togethers
- Lack of internal structure leading to over budget and over work - Unclear vision from management - Trying to solve problems through quick fixes like employee lay-offs, new positions or bigger clients rather than taking the time to address core issues like lack of process, unclear deliverables and overworked mismanagement - Little room for promotion2
- 1.0Feb 14, 2023Senior DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
• The agency basically funds the award shows so no matter how bad the work is, if you're on the right team you're guaranteed to win something • If you already have a drinking problem, you'll fit right in
• Toxic work culture • Long hours • Office is laid out like a factory and designers are treated like they're in a sweat shop • Zero transparency • Harassment and bullying comes from all directions • No diversity (they had 1 black employee when I was there)3
- 2.0Feb 22, 2023DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Good benefits and nice office
Racism, lack of diversity, toxic work environment, long hours, underpaid.
- 3.0Feb 21, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The talent at JKR truly is top notch, from entry level roles all the way up the ranks, and this is very apparent with the quality of the work. This is a great place to be in terms of having a lot of diversity in the types of clients to work with, not only in terms of industry but in terms of size. If you want to work at a place that wins awards upon awards, you’ve found a great place.
With the great work comes hefty hours. Agency life is always demanding, but quite often people are working late into the evening. Expectation for people to be available, even on vacation, and is very difficult to set boundaries. Tend to take on work even if there are not enough staff to cover. In tandem with this, the pay for the amount of hours worked is very poor, which is unfortunate given the skill of many of the people working there. The amount of turnover was incredibly high due to these reasons.5
Jones Knowles Ritchie Reviews FAQs
Jones Knowles Ritchie has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 85 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Jones Knowles Ritchie to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
50% of Jones Knowles Ritchie employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Jones Knowles Ritchie 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.