Jones & Roth Reviews

Join the conversation on

Accounting

121.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/accounting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Jones & Roth~375350
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Staff Accountant

May 9, 2022 - Staff Accountant in Hillsboro, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great clients and managers. I worked with healthcare clients and learned from my team. Senior accountants give great review notes, and experienced staff helps when you arrive. Expect 55 hours of work time during the busy season but you will be rewarded after. If you work in the Hillsboro office, you will have to go to the bar with your team each Friday.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long for partners to get back to you with answers to your questions. However, the firm is growing fast with new clients. Great experience to start with.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to build career

Apr 28, 2022 - Senior Associate in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to try different types of client service niches Lots of work in the busy season = exponential learning opportunities and growth every year

Cons

Low staffing like everywhere else after Covid.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

So-So

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO is generous for newcomers

Cons

Bias management. Training for advancement is a carrot dangled to keep you moving forward

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic work environment

Jan 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The snacks in the break room are good

Cons

This employer has very little respect for work life balance, and a really toxic environment. I have seen coworkers literally scream at each other. There's a huge understaffing problem, which leads to people doing three jobs. Gossip and office politics come from the top and trickle their way down. There's also a huge issue with diversity at this office. They brag about how many women they have in positions of leadership but on every other scale diversity they are sorely lacking and behind the times.The expectations are extremely high with very little training and I would not recommend this employer if you're somebody who is looking to maintain any kind of work life balance.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

May 25, 2021 - Staff Accountant in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working at Jones & Roth. Public accounting is challenging no matter where you work, but I love the culture and communication at this firm. In my experience, everyone is pleasant to work with and there are opportunities for growth and training. I have always felt heard and supported.

Cons

Tax Season expectations for billable hours is on the high side. Very exhausting and can be discouraging.

6. 5.0

Great CPA firm

Jul 1, 2021 - Senior Manager in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent partner group that really knows what they're doing

Cons

It's a CPA firm so of course there's tax season

7. 4.0

ok

Mar 20, 2021 - Staff Accountant in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people work with here

Cons

long hours suck but thats public

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great people and lots of opportunity

Mar 20, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive wages and good benefits Family atmosphere Understanding of work-life balance Lots of niche exposure: find the work that suits you best Advancement opportunity Worked for the company for more than 5 years and am truly thankful for the opportunities they provided me with and treasure the relationships that I built. Whether you’re looking to begin your career in public accounting or advance your career with a new firm, this is an organization that would be a tremendous fit. If you’re willing to work hard, build relationships, and dedicate the necessary time to your craft you can be extremely successful within this organization and advance rather quickly.

Cons

Strategic growth of the company could be improved Sometimes an operational disconnect between the 3 offices On boarding/training of new employees could use minor improvements

Jones & Roth Response

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we truly read each one and try to make meaningful improvements. Please know that we take the suggestions for improvements seriously and look forward to diving into the areas listed.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company with flexible work environment and professional opportunities

May 28, 2020 - CPA in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible work environment Career planning, development and support Great clients and people Opportunity for advancement Open to ideas for improvement from team members

Cons

All businesses have areas to improve. The pandemic has added some challenges around staying connected in a remote working environment.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good place, could be better

Aug 1, 2020 - Senior Accountant in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training opportunities, and benefits (retirement contributions are lacking though)

Cons

Micromanagement, exhaustive hours and high expectations, work-life balance is lacking.

2 people found this review helpful

Jones & Roth Response

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We read each and every review and strive daily to be the employer of choice. I encourage you to share your feedback with management in person; we can only be better when we know exactly how the staff feel and work together to continue grow. Please reach out to me to continue this very important conversation. Katie Bell, PHR HR Generalist Jones & Roth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews

Jones & Roth Reviews FAQs

Jones & Roth has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Jones & Roth to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Jones & Roth employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Jones & Roth. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

53% of Jones & Roth employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Jones & Roth 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Jones & Roth to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with Jones & Roth Job Seekers