JumpstartMD Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"in progress"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Crockett, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Crockett, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed fun environment that fosters success.

Cons

still trying to sort things out and establish clear infrastructure to support misson

"Member Care Coordinator (receptionist)"

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time

Pros

There is only one. The staff that you work with every day are fantastic! You are supported and it makes you want to support them. At least this was the case while I was there.

Cons

Mangement is totally clueless. A bad hiring decision in upper management two years ago caused much friction. That person is gone but the fallout continues with a new President who is not in tune with the staff. I worked there for 4+ years and received one review and one raise both in the first 9 months. The new managment didn't give raises last year saying that sales bonuses would make up for it. It didn't. If you step out of line and say no to a "request" you will be made so miserable that you will qui or they will offer per diem status and then not give any work. Unilaeral changes are made that effect the staff without input from the staff. There is virtually no upward advancement. You work hard and be overworked until you burnout. Proprietary software that was used was changed from a single application to multiple apps (5) that do not sync with each other. I was hired by a medical group that had patients and offered some products for sale to supplement their program. I left a company where staff meeting focus on sale, upselling and not on patient care. Managment is helter skelter, implementing new programs and additonal services without vetting cost and fallout.

"Formerly a Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Patient Services in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Services in Burlingame, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All current and former employees have been/are just truly wonderful people. The daily work environment makes you roll out of bed in a good mood, excited for the day to come. It was a pleasure to meet and work with the every changing staff at JumpstartMD.

Cons

The turnover rate of employment is incredibly high.
    No training, or minimal training, is provided for new system(s) implementation and to new hires.
    Numerous documented cases where females who hold the same job title as a male are being paid less and required to perform additional job functions outside of the scope of their job description and title.

Advice to Management

You consistently hire amazingly talented and unique people. Please treat them respectfully.

"Member Care Coordinator"

Pros

Hardworking team, interesting talks, early starts but usually finished between 2-3pm most days

Cons

Disorganised leadership, reactive decision making, a lot of knee jerk reactions

Advice to Management

Value your team, promote from within, listen to their feedback

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Clinician- Medical Provider in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Clinician- Medical Provider in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Jumpstartmd is great medical practice to work for! Good people (sincere & genuine), great life-work balance with descent pay, rewarding in various way and potential growth in the company! In my humble opinion, continuing education and professional growth is the responsibility of the individual (not employer) for continued success and advancement within the company. Jumpstartmd is a great employer if you have a positive attitude!!

Cons

Some employee's resistant to change, poor outlook.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of the recent positive changes within the company! Excited to see what the future holds for the company but most importantly for OUR PATIENTS and improving their quality of life!

"Program Counselor"

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time

Pros

Excellent relationship with co-workers, very warm and welcoming environment for clients and CEO's and managers are all very approachable.

Cons

No real room for growth, lots of change (as to be expected for a start up company) and very low paying.

"Happy Health Coach"

Current Employee - Nutritional Health Coach in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Nutritional Health Coach in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at JumpstartMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is great! We are encouraged to grow to our potential, and given every opportunity to do so. It is wonderful to be helping so many people with their weight loss struggles and frustrations, and to watch them grow and move forward with their lives happier and healthier. This is an exciting time to be working at JumpstartMD we are growing and fine tuning the operations to be optimal for the customers and the employees. This company is getting bigger and better everyday. People from the top up are very passionate about what they are doing, and that reflects in our daily work at JumpstartMD to make for a very positive environment!

Cons

We are still growing and figuring out what works and what doesn't work, but I find has frustrating has that can be sometimes, it is just as exciting because I can be a part of helping the company to grow by making suggestions that are actually heard, and considered, and sometimes tested.

Advice to Management

Very happy with management.

8. "Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Member Care Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Member Care Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, good benefits, upbeat and happy environment, motivational, GREAT hours, feeling of appreciation from management and patients. I miss working at Jumpstart, wouldn't have left if I didn't move away.

Cons

I didn't feel there was room to grow.

"Great Place to Work"

Pros

Supportive Medical Director, CEO, VP and HR dept. Work life balance!! Genuine interest in its employees and the patients we serve!

Cons

The company is growing, currently in transition, but exciting! Positive changes being made!

"jumpstartMD"

Former Employee - Health and Wellness Coach in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Health and Wellness Coach in San Carlos, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, fast growing dynamic company. The staff and management are a reflection of the CEO; a wonderful and inspirational CEO.

Cons

Management has allowed a horrible manger to manage one of the locations, as a result people keep leaving and they continue to keep her as an employee. Also, Operations manger, operates HR.

Advice to Management

Jumpstart don't allow certain employees to ruin the Jumpstart image.