JumpstartMD Reviews | Glassdoor

Sean Bourke

1. "in progress"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Crockett, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Crockett, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed fun environment that fosters success.

Cons

still trying to sort things out and establish clear infrastructure to support misson

2. "Formerly a Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Patient Services in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Services in Burlingame, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All current and former employees have been/are just truly wonderful people. The daily work environment makes you roll out of bed in a good mood, excited for the day to come. It was a pleasure to meet and work with the every changing staff at JumpstartMD.

Cons

The turnover rate of employment is incredibly high.
    No training, or minimal training, is provided for new system(s) implementation and to new hires.
    Numerous documented cases where females who hold the same job title as a male are being paid less and required to perform additional job functions outside of the scope of their job description and title.

Advice to Management

You consistently hire amazingly talented and unique people. Please treat them respectfully.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Clinician- Medical Provider in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Clinician- Medical Provider in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Jumpstartmd is great medical practice to work for! Good people (sincere & genuine), great life-work balance with descent pay, rewarding in various way and potential growth in the company! In my humble opinion, continuing education and professional growth is the responsibility of the individual (not employer) for continued success and advancement within the company. Jumpstartmd is a great employer if you have a positive attitude!!

Cons

Some employee's resistant to change, poor outlook.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of the recent positive changes within the company! Excited to see what the future holds for the company but most importantly for OUR PATIENTS and improving their quality of life!

5. "Happy Health Coach"

Current Employee - Nutritional Health Coach in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Nutritional Health Coach in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at JumpstartMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is great! We are encouraged to grow to our potential, and given every opportunity to do so. It is wonderful to be helping so many people with their weight loss struggles and frustrations, and to watch them grow and move forward with their lives happier and healthier. This is an exciting time to be working at JumpstartMD we are growing and fine tuning the operations to be optimal for the customers and the employees. This company is getting bigger and better everyday. People from the top up are very passionate about what they are doing, and that reflects in our daily work at JumpstartMD to make for a very positive environment!

Cons

We are still growing and figuring out what works and what doesn't work, but I find has frustrating has that can be sometimes, it is just as exciting because I can be a part of helping the company to grow by making suggestions that are actually heard, and considered, and sometimes tested.

Advice to Management

Very happy with management.

6. "Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Member Care Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Member Care Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers, good benefits, upbeat and happy environment, motivational, GREAT hours, feeling of appreciation from management and patients. I miss working at Jumpstart, wouldn't have left if I didn't move away.

Cons

I didn't feel there was room to grow.

"jumpstartMD"

Former Employee - Health and Wellness Coach in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Health and Wellness Coach in San Carlos, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, fast growing dynamic company. The staff and management are a reflection of the CEO; a wonderful and inspirational CEO.

Cons

Management has allowed a horrible manger to manage one of the locations, as a result people keep leaving and they continue to keep her as an employee. Also, Operations manger, operates HR.

Advice to Management

Jumpstart don't allow certain employees to ruin the Jumpstart image.

"Great company headed in the wrong direction"

Former Employee - Health Coach in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Health Coach in San Mateo, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers make this place what it is. Worked here for 3+ years and wouldn't have stayed had it not been for the camaraderie with other coaches and our amazing patients.

Cons

Upper management super out of touch with the boots on the ground. Overworking clinical staff without genuine acknowledgement. They have a "well that's just how it is here at Jumpstart" mindset...no, IT DOENSN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY. Grossly underpaid for the level and amount of work, no room for growth as a coach makes this a dead-end job.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees well, stop branching out to other things the company knows nothing about. Stick to what you are good at. Address poor managers at the clinic and upper management level. Maybe then you will stop losing loyal employees left and right.

9. "Supportive, positive staff in a challenging, fast paced environment."

Former Employee - Program Counselor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Program Counselor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jumpstart was a supportive and engaging job where I had easy access to communicate with management and positive, friendly coworkers. The counselors and clinicians worked hard with the patients to be successful in their weight loss goals. The program offers effective weight loss strategies, but losing weight isn't easy. I was given the training and information to be effective in my role and kept learning throughout my employment. Outside of work I took classes, volunteered and had a social life and Jumpstart was very accommodating with my schedule. Getting days off was always easy, except around the holidays when everyone wants time off. You do have to work some Saturdays but that is so other employees aren't stuck working them every week. I find this pretty reasonable. Any meetings are made known well in advance and help build the team. My work-life balance was never an issue. The company compensates its employees well and offers great benefits such as health and dental insurance and 401ks. I was frequently recognized by managers for my hard work which made me feel confident in my work. Jumpstart offers the opportunity to build your knowledge base and communication skills that you don't find elsewhere. I worked in both of the San Francisco offices which were beautiful spaces and in great locations. I left Jumpstart to return to school (which they were in full support of), but I would have loved to remain an employee.

Cons

When I was working at Jumpstart, it was a growing company. This meant some growing pains including a busy patient schedule. It is challenging, so if you're looking for a job to sit back and relax this isn't it. But you truly see more success with patients than not, and that's what keeps you coming in each morning.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognizes employees' hard work. Ensure each employee feels supported and utilize the unique backgrounds that they bring to Jumpstart.

"Company that does not value their employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at JumpstartMD part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offers part-time work for those looking for under 35hrs/wk. Decent pay for the job market.

Cons

Overbooked and under-staffed on many occasions. Volatile work place environment with staffing and management and structure changing constantly. Saturdays are required for all employees.

"Member Care Coordinator"

Pros

Hardworking team, interesting talks, early starts but usually finished between 2-3pm most days

Cons

Disorganised leadership, reactive decision making, a lot of knee jerk reactions

Advice to Management

Value your team, promote from within, listen to their feedback