Cover image for KVC Health Systems

KVC Health Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Jason R. Hooper
Jason R. Hooper

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Work to Life Balance; stressful at times; very fast paced; low pay(in 21 reviews)
  • "Long hours, and traveling a lot.(in 13 reviews)
  • "KVC continues to work hard to address low salaries.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Communication is expected from hourly staff, but not so much from corporate or upper management.(in 5 reviews)
  • "1% raise and you can expect more responsibilities to be added to your plate with no compensation.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of KVC Health Systems and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great workplace

Nov 16, 2022 - BHT-behavioral Health Tech
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have only been at kvc for a few months and I can actually say that I enjoy working there management is great and the job itself is very flexible. Being able to bring in my skills from previous places also helps as well.

Cons

Better pay, have more training

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work with great benefits and you feel like your truly making a difference in your community.

Oct 14, 2022 - Quality Assurance in Olathe, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVC is such a great place to work. I feel heard when I have anything I need to bring to my boss. You can tell this company truly appreciates their employees, Your paid time off grows the longer you have been there and is not capped at 2 weeks. They have tuition reimbursement, great health care choices and yearly raises. That is just a small bit of what this awesome company does for their employees. On top of all that you get to go to sleep at night knowing you helped better a child's life! Big or small all the positions are so meaningful and you really feel like you are helping your community.

Cons

The only con I have for this company is there are some technology hold backs sometimes but you can always call IT and they will try their hardest to fix your problem.

3. Join the KVC Health Systems team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place with kinks

Oct 17, 2022 - Behavioral Health Technician in Kansas City, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kids- hearing their stories and knowing why they are there, and to know you’re helping make a difference in their life The pay- other facilities in the area offer less for the same positions. The people- it’s very easy to make a friend or two

Cons

The supervisors- unfortunately some people are not made for the position they are in. It seems like it is hard for staff to move up in positions. Managers and supervisors are all very close to one another and some are even friends with other BHTs. The point system needs to be reevaluated. Staff shouldn’t receive points if they have a doctors note. Many staff have kids who get sick or family members they take care of. Also, there needs to be a limit for when a staff member calls in. Too many staff call in and are late but are able to make up the points by picking up shifts. While it helps other shifts, it weakens the shift they were supposed to work making it hard on others

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Meaningful work with the flexibility I need!

Oct 27, 2022 - Safe and Connected Facilitator in Hiawatha, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

I know that my work is meaningful and I am helping children and families in need. The job is incredibly flexible and I can easily get my work done and manage my home life. My team and supervisor are incredibly helpful and knowledgable of the job. Most of my coworkers truly care about their work and go out of their way to care for others.

Cons

When started you get trained only on your specific position in the company. There is no understanding of what others do in the company and therefore often miscommunications of different parties.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work if you are self-motivated and adaptable

Oct 13, 2022 - Wraparound Facilitator in Beckley, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is very approachable, and the company as a whole works to problem solve any issues together. Flexible schedule-no one cares when you work, just as long as your job gets done. Pay is competitive Very rewarding helping others

Cons

There is a lot of change. What I primarily do now is very different from what I did when I was hired. The programs you work in change, the documents you use change, the deadlines/requirements change. I think the company tends to exaggerate at times. For example, I was told we would be able to choose the program we preferred (Safe-at-Home or CSEDW), but that didn't happen due to getting many more CSEDW referral that SAH. I was also told when I was hired that we would be getting an office in my area, but 6 years later and that hasn't happened. The closest office to me is about 50 miles away.

7. 5.0

Bettering Healthcare One Employee at a Time

Oct 14, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in Olathe, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVC is a diverse, inclusive company that strives to provide the best care for the children who need and deserve it. I love being a part of a company that cares for not only their clients, but also for their employees. The leadership and environment at KVC makes a huge impact. The hours and flexibility are great, as well as the amount of knowledge the leadership teams pass down. They push me to want to be better every day.

Cons

Healthcare, as a whole, is tough since COVID hit. We are making the best of it.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love being part of this company

Oct 13, 2022 - Family Care Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVC is a rewarding job that provides direct services and education targeted at improving child well-being and preserving child placement with the family. I love being part of working with families and like that my supervisor is always available if I have questions or need ideas. Work-life balance is crucial and our team encourages self-care outlets. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Cons

Most of our families are only available in the evenings, which means we have to be available in the evening also,

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Nov 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely understanding and flexible when it comes to needing to take care of something personal. Lots of encouragement and excitement from the team!

Cons

It is a struggle starting a new job and doing everything remote. Training would be easier in person.

10. 5.0

Working at KVC

Nov 16, 2022 - Shared Living Manager in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros include great work/life balance. Free snacks and beverages in the office. Great company who cares about their employees

Cons

It can be cold in the office

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive and Flexable

Oct 25, 2022 - Home Builders in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

KVC is very supportive and ensures you have self-care and teamwork to ensure you are not too overwhelmed. The caseloads are load due to how much time we spend with the family which is perfect. They ensure you have training and educate you throughout your employment not just in the beginning. There are people at work who appreciate me as a person and encourage me each day. Highly recommend working with KVC.

Cons

Has a lot of paperwork, some repetitive.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 432 Reviews
</>Embed

KVC Health Systems Reviews FAQs

KVC Health Systems has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 440 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at KVC Health Systems to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, KVC Health Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at KVC Health Systems. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

87% of KVC Health Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KVC Health Systems 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at KVC Health Systems to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, compensation.

Popular Careers with KVC Health Systems Job Seekers