KVC Health Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jason R. Hooper

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, effective management, decent vacation and PTO, good health insurance (in 9 reviews)

• flexible schedule, fairly good pay for a social worker job ( (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours at time, not the best family-oriented job (in 3 reviews)

• Lack of pay for the amount of work you put in (in 2 reviews)

1. "Therapist"

I worked at KVC Health Systems full-time

Pros

Company is small and is trying to grow

Cons

Company is small. Not many benefits

Advice to Management

Keep working for growth

2. "Almost there!"

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Technician/Counselor in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Technician/Counselor in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at KVC Health Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management and staff are friendly and supportive. Quality care is their number one concern and it is reinforced thru all levels.

Cons

The only downside is the quality and amount of training provided. We have to restrain clients and our training in this area falls short.

Advice to Management

Provide handouts that show all available restraint techniques. So many techniques are demonstrated but cramming them in and then not using them right away makes it easy to forget.

3. "Counselor"

Current Employee - Counselor in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Counselor in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at KVC Health Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

KVC isn't a big company, so it doesn't take a lot of time to become familiar with all of the people working for KVC. We have a good sense of teamwork, because it takes everyone doing their job to keep a safe environment. There is affordable health insurance, paid time-off days, free meals sometimes, company events, overtime opportunities, chances to exercise while on the clock, and we can call-off for work anytime we cannot and/or should not go to work.

Cons

There is a high risk involved, especially at my current position of Counselor, for needing to put yourself in harms way and having to do dirty work e.g. I have been punched, kicked, spit on, bitten, pinched, screamed at, had to assist with routine hygiene, and had to put up with a lot of disrespect and ignorance.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be observing all of the employees that they manage, daily. Managers are often naive when it comes to their judgement in terms of ranking employees by how valuable they are. I think we will all be happier when the consistently hard-working employees are granted more exclusive roles and the consistently lazy employees are exchanged or turned into hard workers.

5. "if you value your professional reputation stay FAR away .."

Current Employee - Family Preservation Therapist in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Family Preservation Therapist in Olathe, KS

I have been working at KVC Health Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

KVC is very convincing to new employee, that they are the best

Cons

Middle management is a waste of time and money , micromanaged by managers with limited knowledge and experience. Poor communication, no collaboration of services with other agencies, case plans are poorly written, KVC employees are held responsible for DCF errors, The sign on bonus is deceiving...

Advice to Management

Get rid of middle management and give them a case load to reduce caseloads. Then hire experienced workers, Money will be better spent and your quality of case management will improve. Read federal law for case management requirements.

6. "They need work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I worked at KVC Health Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are great to work with.

Cons

IT department is slow, constant complaining, no room for advancement, high turn around, one side does not know what the other is doing. Rather spend budget on buildings rather than new equipment or pay raise. Management is clueless.

Advice to Management

Get a better idea on your employees and what they need to get their work done.

7. "Foot In Door"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at KVC Health Systems full-time

Pros

- Competitive Pay
    - Great work/field experience
    - Learning environment
    - Supportive Coworkers

Cons

- Case Load
    - Supervisors
    - Type of Work

8. "Rewarding, but not for just anyone"

Current Employee - Family Support Worker in Ottawa, KS
    Current Employee - Family Support Worker in Ottawa, KS

Pros

Supervisors recognize hard work, support when needed. Rewarding work. I am unlicensed and get recognized alongside the licensed workers. Opportunity for overtime or can flex it out.

Cons

Not for everyone, you have to be willing to put in the work. Must be willing to put in long hours and deal with difficult clients. Not much room for advancement unless you are licensed.

Advice to Management

While management does a great job recognizing good work internally, unlicensed workers are not recognized very much by external parties, licensed workers get all the credit. Unlicensed workers can and do just as much work as a licensed worker and many times at the same quality. Provide more opportunities for unlicensed workers to be recognized by external parties.

9. "FSW"

Former Employee - FSW in Ottawa, KS
    Former Employee - FSW in Ottawa, KS

I worked at KVC Health Systems full-time

Pros

Schedule freedom and willingness to help from coworkers

Cons

Pay for the amount of work, work long hours, don't want to pay OT but couldn't avoid it.

Advice to Management

Treat people better, especially non-licensed

"KVC"

Pros

Rewarding work helping others

Cons

The fact that they let anybody - even a person with no college background work there and decide fates of families sickened me. I had to leave.

Advice to Management

Hire people who are qualified. I hope the government does something about it now.

"Family support worker"

Former Employee - Family Support Worker in Pittsburg, KS
    Former Employee - Family Support Worker in Pittsburg, KS

I worked at KVC Health Systems (More than a year)

Pros

The work itself can be rewarding. KVC allowed flexibility for family needs. Its a very fast paced environment with plenty of work to be done.

Cons

The management lacks accountability, as well as, knowledge of the current CINC code and expectations from the court. Since the contract is privatized, KVC struggles with best interest of children and families versus politics. Constant turnover allows for minimal support to workers.

Advice to Management

Middle management needs educated on the expectations from the contractor. There needs to be more focus on safety for children and less politics. KVC lacks accountability for such significant decisions.