Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Nov 19, 2019

2.9
Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union   (no image)
  1. "#LoveWhereYouWork"

Current Employee - Community Development Specialist in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Constant employee recognition. -Great company culture #TeamKCCU -Annual bonus. -Huge contributor to United Way of Battle Creek & Kalamazoo region. -Good benefits & generous 401K. -PTO time increases by years of service. -Flexible schedules. -CEO has positive outlook and wants to see change happen to benefit the team and company as whole.

Cons

None to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Transparency is so important- and you work hard to keep it that way. Thank you for keeping your team updated about decisions that are made and involved in those decisions whenever possible.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2019-11-19
  2. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are adding way more extra activities for all to get involved in.

Cons

Upper Management needs to get a reality check.

Advice to Management

Get more help, we need more tellers.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2018-06-20
  3. "place is a rip off thanks!!!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

the supervisors have occult meetings where they sleep with the female employees

Cons

they rip off the customers by charging fees for just clicking mouse buttons and are too controlling with clients debit cards

Advice to Management

imagine it!!! cause thats all your getting now homos

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2018-06-01
  4. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good value for members on savings and loan rates.

Cons

High turn-over of employees, both frontline and management. The CEO is a micro manager and does not empower her team which creates poor morale, impacts the organizational culture, high turnover and reputation risk.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to learn how to be a leader who is respected by her employees, not feared.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2018-04-19
  5. "Like every job, it has its pros and cons"

I have been working at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great benefits, a yearly bonus, you can get a lot of PTO the longer you work there, and overall it's a pretty relaxed environment. I've been here a little while and I think most of the people are easy to get along with.

Cons

It doesn't seem like any concerns go past the branch manager level when it comes to what a tellers input would be or how they feel . There's this whole thing about tellers being the ones that the members get to know and how important we are, yet it doesn't feel like our voices get heard. I've heard there's better pay elsewhere, but it's not horrible.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2017-12-26
  6. "Lead Teller"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Battle Creek, MI

Pros

Nice once a year bonus, and great benefits for Full Time.

Cons

Not the best pay or opportunity to work towards a raise. They move employees to other branches with no warning and no compensation or mileage. Do not take long time employees seriously when making complaints or suggestions.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they tell you what makes them happy and what will retain them. Keep doing exit interviews because they are very important as to finding out why there is such a great turnover from top to bottom of the company.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2017-11-25
  7. "Stressful"

I worked at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Most coworkers were friendly. Management was great, always there if you had questions.

Cons

Under staffed, overworked. Did overtime most days. Pay was on the low side. No training program.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2017-11-08
  8. "Great place to work, but senior management is on the way out."

I worked at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Friendly employees, great company culture and annual bonus.

Cons

Being a smaller organization, there is limited availability for advancement.

Advice to Management

During my last year with the company, most executives had left without being replaced. In my view this resulted in a narrow vision for the future your organization.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2017-01-25
  9. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MI

I worked at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good environment very family friendly

Cons

Not competitive in salaries for employees

Advice to Management

Keep people that drive your business

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2016-09-19

"They dont care"

I worked at Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union

Pros

Decent pay Good hours Great co-workers Bonus is good Easy job Being able to wear jeans on friday's are fun

Cons

You can do all the computer training you want for advancement, they only pick favorites They don't care about their employees. HR is a joke, you can let them know whats going on and the next thing you know your gone. Pay is decent for what you should be doing, but you will be doing a lot more than you should and will receive no compensation or recognition If your a minority, look elsewhere for a job. Bad... training. They watch you fail. Don't be innovative or creative or opinionated, they dont like that. Some managers enjoy firing people, ask around, you will find out who that is, and there are more than one.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and give them more recognition and better training. Give room for advancement, not just false hope. Have employees go through diversity training. Hire more diverse people.

Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union2016-09-26