Key Tours Reviews | Glassdoor

Koray Edeman

1. "Sales and Marketing"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Key Tours full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product
    Good CEO who is great businessman
    Empowerment
    Reward
    Team spirit

Cons

Inventory shortage- good problem to have
    Not open late or on week end- competitor get business

Advice to Management

Open later and on weekend

"Stay Away From This Place - The President is the worst."

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Key Tours (More than a year)

Pros

They offer coffee and tea

Cons

if you are considering accepting a job with company - think again. The positive comments you see in this site were coerced out of fear desperation to change the companies rating.

Advice to Management

The owner of this company has no understanding of what the word " Team" means. He uses the word as a catchphrase - you will not be a part of s team, you will work independently and if you don't make money for him- he will ride you like a horse with insults and verbal put downs to try to motivate you to sell more so that he can he can make more money. Think in terms of a sweatshop and then you will get the picture.

Mar 16, 2017 – President

Same unhappy employee who was asked to leave has been submitting multiple reviews we started legal action against to her, Key Tours Management

3. "Long term employee (over 6 years)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Key Tours full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly family style environment, beautiful cozy office space, supportive colleagues, opportunities to work remotely from home, study trips to Europe and other destinations, industry above average pay, good retirement and insurance plans. Most of the employees have been with the company for years.

Cons

Few negative attitude people had been hired previously but thankfully now gone, who obviously wrote those unfair negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Please hire only people with positive attitude who fit our current team. Better less knowledge and experience and good attitude than negative full of entitlement people with more experience. Will gladly help new colleagues to achieve their best.

"Do not even waste your time and or energy"

Former Employee - Sales in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Key Tours full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay you for the hours worked.

Cons

Everything else, other than getting paid.....truly sucks! Management sucks, owner is absent most of the time and the management acts like three stooges as they cant even come together to decide on strategies to get the company to not keep loosing employees or clients, just briefly look at customers reviews to get a better sense....

Advice to Management

Retire and get younger folks to manage your biz, you suck!

Mar 16, 2017 – President

6. "Great Company with Family environment"

I have been working at Key Tours full-time

Pros

I have been working this company over 6 years and we do have many employees are here over 10 years, great to work, small family environment, many of the consultants are able to work remotely.
    Good income if you prefer to work harder, offer HMO and covers 70%, able to join trips in Europe. One previous unhappy employee multiple postings are totally wrong and do not represent this company's culture and other employees decision.

Cons

Certain time of the year heavy workload

Advice to Management

Never hire negative attitude employees it ruins team spirit.

"Do not waste your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Key Tours full-time

Pros

May get a cake for your birthday
    Or may not

Cons

Toxic environment. No HR, no rules or morals. Employees are treated on emotional (depends on the day), personal and gender basis. Your offer will say one thing, but reality another.
    People fly in and out like no other way
    Management has no idea how the business functions or on day to day work flow. They say the have employees who have been in the company for 10 years, yes , 1 , part time teleworking .
    Look further!

Advice to Management

Learn to respect those who kept this company still in business. Hire HR and try to follow your own rules. Employee handbook should be the same for all.

Mar 16, 2017 – President

8. "A great place to work for driven and passionate travel professionals"

I have been working at Key Tours full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work is great for independent and motivated self-starters. You definitely get out of the job what you put into it. Company culture is diverse, unpretentious and family-friendly, and management is attentive. Pay is on par with other travel industry companies, and benefits are generous compared to many businesses. There is opportunity for advancement for dedicated employees, and professional growth is encouraged.

Cons

Strong personalities have in the past disrupted team spirit.

Advice to Management

The ability to get along with others is just as important as experience and positive references - include long-term employees and management more in the hiring process to maintain team spirit.

"One of the worst places I've ever worked"

Pros

Some other nice employees. Free coffee, tea. Free parking.

Cons

As far as companies I've worked for, Key Tours is bottom of the barrel (the five-star review on here is so very obviously written by the owner). Training for the job is subpar, so if you're new to the travel industry, don't expect to succeed. Long hours with nothing to do followed by being slammed with phone calls from clients and other travel agents, most of whom were rude and impatient, making for a very stressful day. Heavy employee turnover. Hours are long (you must take one whole hour for lunch, no exceptions), and the pay is insulting - my biweekly paycheck for full-time work totaled a mere $1000. After I quit, I did not receive a paycheck for the final hours I worked. I don't expect to receive this money ever, and apparently the owner counts on this. Supposedly, one former employee took him to court (and won!) for her final paycheck, but the owner knows most people won't go through such trouble, so he gets away with this violation regularly.

Advice to Management

Pay people what you owe them, and pay them a living wage! Better training. You need an HR department - it's criminal that you don't have one.

Mar 16, 2017 – President

Same unhappy employee who was asked to leave has been submitting multiple reviews we started legal action against to her, key Tours Management

10. "Great company to work with !"

I have been working at Key Tours full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good quality, fair and gives importance to emplooyes

Cons

I don't have anything to say.

11. "Key Tours long term employee"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Athens (Greece)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Athens (Greece)

I have been working at Key Tours full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the years I was given the flexibility to work at head office as well as overseas locations, gaining great experience. The option to work from home is very much appreciated, especially by parents with young children. A fair incentive scheme is provided, to earn bonuses based on performance. Service focussed company and supportive work environment.

Cons

Long working hours during the busy period but this is remunerated. Customers can be very demanding at times.

Advice to Management

Based on 23 years experience, I recommend that we continue to develop and adjust the company in accordance with ongoing developments in the business and political world.