Keypath Education Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Steve Fireng

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management does absolutely nothing about the complaints received (in 15 reviews)

• Work life balance could be improved (in 6 reviews)

"Awesome place to work!"

Former Employee - Admission Advisor in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Admission Advisor in Palatine, IL

I worked at Keypath Education (More than a year)

Pros

Company CEO is kind, and is a very pure hearted businessman. Mutual respect is exemplified consistently to all his employees.

Cons

There's always a few rotten apples in the barrel. That's life.

Advice to Management

Don't be intimidated by someone's worth and integrity. Companies need more employees that express these attributes. Stay focused on the company's goals and vision. This is what counts.

Aug 11, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the kind words. We are all excited about what we are building with our Online Program Management platform.

2. "Great place to work - PlattForm Advertising"

Former Employee - Director in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Director in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee-centric, great people to work with, team environment was prevalent in my department

Cons

Shift from PlattForm to Keypath

Dec 18, 2017 – Group President

Glad you enjoyed your time with us. The company has gone through a lot of changes through the years with a focus on the people still being consistent across time. Proud to say the tone and feel... More

"The realest review you will read"

I have been working at Keypath Education full-time

Pros

It’s a paycheck. Nothing more.

Cons

Working for KP has been one of the worst experiences of my life. The reviews stating that the people are great are all lies. These people are some of the most depressed, miserable and disfunctional people I have ever come across. The management team is under qualified, unprofessional and has 0 moral compass. KP is plagued with discrimination, bullying, racism, boarderline sexual harassment, favoritism and nepotism. The CEO is a nice guy, but either has no clue how much people hate this company or doesn’t care. People are terrified to speak up because they know the industry is small and more than likely, working outside of this industry for some is not an option. Upper management does absolutely nothing about the complaints received.
    KP is a law suit waiting to happen. KP is no different from working for a for-profit school because they hire all these people from there and they bring their recycled ideas. No one is original or creative. You will have the exact same team meeting every Tuesday, where you are publically humiliated into hitting your goals because you must announce your numbers every week in front of everyone. There is a mean girls club who makes people’s work lives unbearable. They are untouchable- management allows them to bully and harass other employees and no one does anything. I witnessed an employee walk out on the job because she could no longer deal with the daily bullying. Upper management is well aware of the problems but does nothing. If you have never worked for an OPM, please reconsider. This more than likely will not be a wise career move. I am currently searching for a new job and many others as well. KP is ruining my life and I cannot take it any longer. KP only fires 2 types of people- African-Americans and people who are socially “different”. I find it strange that every single Enrollment advisor that has been fired, has been a person of color. Is it a coincidence? Perhaps, but it looks bad. Management picks and chooses who to apply policies to and who not. Managers use profanity in everyday speech as if they are at the bar. Trust, if there are any major changes that will affect your job, you will be the last to know. Once upon a time, we had an office in Florida. KP hired a whole new team to replace our Florida team to work in our IL office and the Florida team didn’t know they were losing their jobs until the day the new team started to replace them. The new hires had no clue they were replacing a team and had to start servicing the school on their first day on the job!! It was complete chaos. KP will use you and throw you away when you are no longer of use. Please stay away from this company-they pretend to be an employee-focused employer, but I assure you they are not.

Advice to Management

My advice to Steve is to clean house. You need an entirely new management team. They displays 0 action regarding increasing morale. Please do not deflect. KP has major ethical issues that people are afraid to talk about-they exist. People are so afraid, they won’t even anonymously complain. Please, please, please, trust me. This review is 100 percent accurate. People have expressed to management that they were being bullied/harassed by other employees and management did nothing! That is unacceptable. The only people who like KP are those who drop their own moral compass to move up. KP is rolling out all these initiatives for 2018 of which not 1 initiative has anything to do with increasing morale or improving work life. We are no longer in 1996. Enrollment Advisors should be able to work from home on occasion ; however, we aren’t allowed because of course, it is difficult to micromanage employees while they are out of the office. Make sure your Management team is held to the same standards they hold their employees to. Countless people have complained about management and nothing gets fixed. Based upon KP’s lack of action to aid employees when they express concern regarding ethics- I am convinced that employees do not matter. I can’t make this stuff any clearer. KP is very far from being a place where I want to be long-term. I would not take all this time to type out all this stuff if it were not true. I’m tired of not being heard. Your management team lacks professionalism and because they’ve known each other before KP and they’re friends- they are too comfortable in the workplace. Always talking about drinking, jokes with sexual overtones, playing pranks.!? People feel like they are in Middle school when at work.

Dec 27, 2017 – CEO

As the CEO of Keypath, I take the allegations you raise very seriously. They represent the antithesis of what my leadership team and I are working to create here at Keypath.

We strive to create a... More

"Meh."

I worked at Keypath Education full-time

Pros

Salary was respectable. People seemed generally nice.

Cons

Very clique-ish, irrational time-table goals.

Advice to Management

Make sure the people hiring know exactly what they're looking for in an employee and letting them know exactly what goals need to be met. Throwing rookies into a pool expecting them to swim with very little training often leads to them sinking.

Oct 29, 2017 – CEO

While I do not know your specifics we do hire both employees with experience and newer folks with limited experience. Obviously it can be a high learning curve. We are always looking to improve and... More

"Floundering company"

Pros

They care about their culture and making sure employees have scheduled events outside of work for each department. They understand a work/life balance and understand that life happens. They are there for their employees when these big events do happen.

Cons

They are not an advertising agency; they are a production house. There is not thought when it comes to strategy; it is do whatever the client wants because we can't afford to lose them mentality. So whether a project makes sense or not, it is expected to be executed on.

Advice to Management

Rely on the people you hired for their expertise. The for profit industry is sinking; instead of constantly saying that you're going to expand into state schools (any legitimate schools, really), actually do it. This has been your niche for the last 25+ years and it's time to change the business model. Focus on doing good work and implementing a strategy.

Oct 23, 2017 – Group President

Thanks for your note and suggestion. We are continuing to grow and diversify our school client mix and are making good progress there. We’re implementing a new strategy and looking at how we can... More

6. "Great Starting Company"

I worked at Keypath Education full-time

Pros

Fantastic training for entry-level
    Great culture and benefits

Cons

Low salary
    Lack of vision from senior leadership
    Layoffs

Sep 25, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. As you know many of these have been or are being addressed. We have made tremendous progress the past six months and will continue to adapt to the ever changing EDU space... More

"Family atmosphere; not the same as it once was."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Caring management, challenging work, fun family-centered atmosphere. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Changed drastically when M. Platt retired. Went too corporate.

Sep 10, 2017 – Group President

Thanks for the feedback and definitely agree that things change over time. Across the Keypath offices everyone is working to keep building a sophisticated approach while honoring the values that... More

"Human Resources"

I worked at Keypath Education full-time

Pros

Management really cares about the employees and clients. Everyone works well together to create value and live the mission

Cons

OPM industry is growing while Lenexa's industry is contracting. It causes some confusing.

Advice to Management

Stay the course

Aug 11, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and comments on our culture. We believe we are building a global OPM platform to change how schools go to market and give access to the best brands worldwide through online.

"just don't"

Former Employee - Media Buyer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Media Buyer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gained adequate digital marketing experience.

Cons

Selling a scam, frequent layoffs, cliques, people sucking up and playing favorites, idiots everywhere

Advice to Management

In reality, the majority of students that Keypath has encouraged to attend one of the AWFUL for-profit schools they were marketing, are likely now in deep student debt with a degree that holds no weight. There's a reason why nearly all of Keypath's "clients" went out of business. Brown Mackie, Westwood College....all a scam. KP was marketing a scam for years and now they are paying the price. I anticipate the Lenexa office to shut down within the next few years. God speed.

Jul 6, 2017 – Group President

I'm sorry you feel this way. The company and higher education in general has experienced a lot of challenges but we work hard to overcome them and remain bullish on the future of education, our... More

"Do your own research"

Pros

There are so few these days, sadly. There used to be so many. The people are always the biggest selling point, but they rarely keep a good employee after the last few years.

Cons

If you do your own research, it won't be a surprise to find that this company has been on a steep downhill path for the last three years. If you weathered even part of the storm, you saw the loss of every benefit, the numerous layoffs that included some of the longest tenured and talented people at Keypath, and the overall disregard for their employees. There are plenty of better places to work in the market - I promise.

Advice to Management

I'm afraid it's too far gone.

Jul 6, 2017 – Group President

Sorry that you feel that way and yes, we have had business challenges and some layoffs have resulted from that. Even having said that, to say that we have removed all benefits or that there is a... More