LBMC Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Drummonds

1. "HR Assistant"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Brentwood, TN

I worked at LBMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LBMC has a great overall moral. Everyone is happy to work there. It's like a big family. And a local company that has a lot of growth.

Cons

The salary was low paying. Impossible to live off that job alone with student loans. However, they do not want you having another job as they want you to be committed to success with them. I was told asked if my overall goal is money or a career since I am also a server to make ends meet. I'm sorry but I cannot live off $15/hr with my bachelor's degree (student loans) living in Nashville. Impossible. Not everyone was blessed with parents who can afford to help. I was made to feel like I had to quit my part-time job before being considered for a better position. Double edged sword.

Advice to Management

No advice. They were more than understanding with my situation. They had to do what was best for the company and it just wasn't a good fit.

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for your review. At LBMC, we seek to pay salaries that are fair to the individual employee, appropriate to the job, and consistent with the marketplace. The salary for any particular job is ... More

2. "Great place to work, but lacks diversity."

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LBMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Exposure to a variety of tax returns and computer software.
    -New office, plenty of resources.
    - In my opinion, this firm is probably in the top 3 of the largest and most successful firms in TN.
    - Surrounded by intelligent and hard working people.
    - Training program is great. I've been told that it has greatly improved from the past.
    - Great professional atmosphere.
    - Competitive pay, even higher than some of the Big 4.
    - Busy season hours ranged from 50-65.

Cons

-It seems to me like there is a lack of diversity. Out of 500+ employees, it looks like 99% are White. So far I've only seen about 2 asians and 3 African Americans. Staff can be a bit cliquey, so the lack of diversity makes it worse for someone of color to come in.

3. "Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Marketing in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LBMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training opportunities (convenient on-site training), work-life balance with flexible schedules, leadership opportunities, great building location with easy access to the interstate

Cons

All the restaurants around the building are expensive (at least $10 for lunch and likely closer to $20) and there's not much refrigerator space to bring your own lunch. If you don't get to work early you will have to keep your lunch cold at your desk with ice packs or walk to the parking garage and drive further down the street for more affordable lunch options. This is pretty much my only complaint.

5. "Great company to work with!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Finance in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Finance in Franklin, TN

I have been working at LBMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible management with room for growth! Big enough company to have the resources and leadership to continue growing but small enough to still have a family feel with respect and concern for each individual.

Cons

There aren't many con's to list for LBMC as their reputation stands true to be a great firm to work for.

6. "Professional experience"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LBMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LBMC is very competently managed. The partners are very respectful and want everyone to be successful. Culturally it's the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

Management generally hires great people and as a result the whole firm has a good DNA feel to it. They seem to be always working on improving. As a result I can't describe any meaningful Con.

Jan 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your comment! We work very hard to facilitate a culture which promotes balance between the personal and professional lives of our employees. We are glad you enjoy working at LBMC!

7. "Disappointing Employer"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LBMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work in a nice building. The company has been around for several years and was recently rebranded again so website looks nice.

Cons

Management not aware of current market for employee pay and benefits. Ranks lowest in the regional competition in the industry.

Advice to Management

Research competitors and work to offer same levels of compensation, growth and benefits to reward those of us that work hard for you.

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. At LBMC, we seek to pay salaries that are fair to the individual employee, appropriate to the job, and consistent with the marketplace. The salary for ... More

8. "Security Analyst"

Former Employee - Security Analyst in Mount Juliet, TN
    Former Employee - Security Analyst in Mount Juliet, TN

I worked at LBMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    Company has great reputation

Cons

High stress monitoring 24-7
    Ridiculous weekend shift
    Impatient teammates

Advice to Management

Make a structure

May 3, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take all feedback very seriously and are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative environment for our employees to ... More

9. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Good people. Flexible schedule. Professional environment.

Cons

Communication is lacking in areas between Nashville/Knoxville/Chattanooga offices.

10. "Tax Consultant"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LBMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid corporate culture. The team at LBMC works to help you and the firm succeed.

Cons

Pay is not competitive to local markets.

Advice to Management

Need to implement cost of living raises that are separate from yearly raises.

"What a great experience!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LBMC (More than a year)

Pros

Great interviewing experience; work/life balance is above par; upper management very approachable; treated like a professional; everyone has such great respect for others, orientation was very helpful; everyone is willing to help each other

Cons

No place is perfect because human beings are involved; with that being said, from the hiring process, through the onboarding, and on to day-to-day functions, this place is way above par.