LPCiminelli Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 1, 2017

3.6
Louis P. Ciminelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Intern - Great experience, hands on."

Former Intern - Project Management in Buffalo, NY
    Former Intern - Project Management in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LPCiminelli as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This internship was great, the people I worked with were friendly and easy to get along with. There were also many opportunities to learn about different parts of the company.

Cons

There isn't much I would have to say poorly about this company. At times, days would feel slow but I wouldn't say that this is uncommon anywhere.

Advice to Management

The internship program here was a great experience and I hope you guys keep doing a great job!

2. "Project engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LPCiminelli full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The feild staff is amazing and all very great to work with. Some of the projects lpc works on are iconic.

Cons

The company is run by the executive team who are only out for their own good.

"Great - But Not Extraordinary"

I have been working at LPCiminelli full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The talent withing the organization is amazing, and I believe some employees are utilized for their assets as well as their insightful ability to see beyond the general scope of what is required. Working at LPC gives you the opportunity to adapt to change, grow from within and learn the exciting and face-paced environment of the construction industry. LPC is the biggest and most experienced firm in the area and am proud to work for such an amazing company - even despite the controversy within the media.

Cons

As with any company, of course there are personalities that can be addressed, as they add a toxicity to the dynamics of inter-personal relationships within the office (not so much field). Unfortunately, this is overlooked more so than the norm, which, has a ripple effect on the end result being, unfortunately, negative. Management is caught up in 'titles' rather than the ability to manage people as individuals. I believe certain individuals in management are not qualified and are grossly overpaid, thus setting a tone throughout the office of being superior. Good, well-qualified, hard working and earnest individuals that have the best interest of the company in mind are either over-looked or let go, simply for the fact of seniority or second-hand information. In the years I have worked for LPC, there has never been a 'Manager' that fully understands the functionality of their staff, as well as their true strengths & abilities to perform. This begins at the level of the HR Department. HR & Mgmt are so far removed from the daily grind of the staff that they are completely out of touch. There have been a few recent layoffs and the sad part is, some of the individuals that were let go were a gross mistake. Looking at a timeline of hire and eliminating those most recent was the worst mistake LPC could have made. You have employees that have multiple years invested but - are beyond the scope of work, uneducated on the growing & changing times or are simply burnt out and capped off at a high salary. Rather then look at the work ethic, eagerness and the core ability of the employee, LPC checked off a timeline and unfortunately, let some pretty amazing people go. Absolutely wrong in this industry.

Advice to Management

Get involved. stop all the useless meetings. Get off your pedestal & remove your superiority egos. Make it worth their while to go above and beyond the call for the company. Make the employee feel valued and not replaceable. Look at all the great individuals that have either left or been let go within the past year - it's shocking. Learn your staffs expertise, insights and knowledge in the industry & utilize them to the best of their abilities - not a timeline of hire date. Above all - respect your staff as well as the fundamental principal that began with Louis Sr.

4. "Project engineer intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at LPCiminelli as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Phenomenal company, great environment, helpful management, interaction with upper management, challenging

Cons

I have no cons to report

5. "Life at Ciminelli"

I have been working at LPCiminelli full-time

Pros

They are willing to spend money on training and on updating the infrastructure. They do put their money where there mouth is. If you need something to do your job you will get it. Work/life balance is great and the company seems to care about not making your work your entire life.

The company has a tremendous amount of extremely talented and professional employees. Regardless of what you hear on the news, this is a company that can build anything on time and under budget. It truly is amazing to see what we can accomplish!

It is a sink or swim environment for most. Some departments have dead weight that could and should get trimmed.

Cons

Outside of the project staff there really isn't a lot of room to move up.

They try to push a corporate culture of open doors and encourage feedback. In the real world, power seems to be controlled by HR and the CFO. This mono culture is stifling growth. The 80's style MBA approach is out of touch with the current work environment. This isn't an attack on those people. It is meant as constructive criticism. You are very talented, a tweak is necessary here.

Advice to Management

This is a trying time for the company and I think we will come out stronger than before. It isn't a time to let fear into the office. You are open on some things and unnecessarily secretive on the things that matter. The company is not big enough to be as compartmentalized as it is.

Keep investing in the future and evaluate who is actually able to change with the times. Keep these people and pay them! We are not just a GC anymore. In order to survive and thrive you need to retain your top talent.

We all want LPC to succeed. The company is at the cusp of moving beyond a regional CM, but that means making changes.

Keep engaging your employees. Don't trim the perks. Invest in the future (people and technology)

"Steer clear of NYC Office"

Pros

CEO is willing to spend money.

Cons

NYC office tries to sell itself as experienced yet is severely lacking in this area. Tremendous amount of personnel turnover since it opened its doors in 2012. NYC office management is incompetent. Senior management in Buffalo (other than top dogs) resents the very existence of the NYC office and is less than helpful.

7. "Proud to work at LPCiminelli"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at LPCiminelli full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company has always allowed their people to think, do their job and learn from their decisions. I personally have made good ones and bad ones but they have always continued to have a positive attitude and allowed me to grow with them.
    LPC encourages employees to bring new ideas to the table and managers listen and respond intelligently. This shows a lot of respect for all employees and encourages people who may not
    have spoken up before to speak up.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines and the work load don't allow enough time to focus on task details. However as we continue to stream line processes some of the pressure should subside.

Advice to Management

Hold one-on-one meetings with executive leadership and employees to get their true understanding of workplace issues, problems, and solutions needed to make things go smoother.