LatinWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
LatinWorks CEO Manny Flores
Manny Flores

Pros
Cons
  • but clients are leaving faster than the employees (in 3 reviews)

• the office is ruled by cliques, get ready for your trip back to high school (in 2 reviews)

1. "The Time Is Now"

Current Employee - Account Management in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve seen a positive change in the agency over the last year. I have been more involved with client work and the integration of digital concepts is part of our job initiation steps. The group I am a part of has also taken on a proactive approach and it gets better direction to creatives sooner. I really feel like the work is more focused than ever. I feel like we are refined and functioning better. Post cereals came in with a couple of brands and it seems to be growing each quarter. We have good clients and we are doing more and more work that is being applied to multi-cultural creative. Also after what seems like a lull, new business pitches are lined up one after the other. It’s busy!

Cons

There are too many people listening to talk from former employees who seem to have poor memories about how it was when they were here. They’re not here and that's a good thing. I wish people could move on and let us continue to evolve because it’s exciting. Somebody posted that we need to be re-invented, but they are missing the fact that the agency is doing that, which causes change. Too many people (mostly former employees) are stuck remembering what was. They are gone, so let’s focus on the present and the future because we have momentum.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get visable and stay visable so everybody knows we are all working together. We are going in the right direction, but it would be good to see everyone focusing on the positive in front of us. Our management needs to keep being a part of this and leading us forward. It seems we’ve started to click so we can’t pause.

"Good people. Bad place."

Former Employee - Creative in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very slow paced environment.
    Really good people still there.
    Good accounts.
    Free beer and tacos almost every week.
    Free coffee.

Cons

The agency keeps moving like a chicken with no head. Since he former executive creative director left the agency, things are not going well there. Clients are leaving, poor client management, too much idle time, and too much turnaround. It's not a very steady working place.

Advice to Management

None. They would not listen anyway.

3. "Warm and Employee-Centered Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

This agency adheres to a people first mindset that is very unique. You can tell the leadership team truly cares about employee morale and works hard to create a welcoming environment. The CEO is regularly on the floor, circulating, and checking in to see how everyone is doing. Employee's receive appreciation in various ways - from snack carts on Fridays, unexpected holiday gift cards, and random lunches/happy hours.

LatinWorks is a very successful agency and is an example of what can happen when you put people first. I'm happy to be a part of this team.

Cons

Typical cons that come with any agency: long hours, unrealistic deadlines, uninformed clients.

"Mediocre"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing will ever change here until the agency shuts down one or two years from now. This is a place for and by bureaucrats if that is what you are after. All you have to do is check our website to notice that out of 80 people, there are 10 account managers and finance people on the leadership group and only one creative.

Cons

The most creative people and the most demanding clients are leaving and all that is left is a dying shell of what used to be a good agency. I regret moving to this city and taking this job every day. They lied to me on the interview and now Im stuck here translating Facebook posts under the supervision of a frustrated creative leader.

Advice to Management

What management?

"The DMV of Hispanic Agencies"

Current Employee - Art Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's fun to see how the owners play their little games with people, put one director against the other and express their terrible taste in fashion everyday... all that AND you can probably make a bit more money than fast food.

Cons

Hispanic agencies are typically mediocre but this is one that no one will miss after they are gone. Much like the period after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can.

Advice to Management

You are insane and delusional. Go do something else with your life and realize that you have made no contributions to the advertising industry.

"It's like getting drafted to fight in a war that makes no sense."

Former Employee - Creative in Austin, TX

Pros

• I made lot's of war buddies and we get together and swap combat stories. We have created a support group where we all hangout and network.

Cons

• It was mainly shooting in the dark out of fear.
    • 70% Lieutenant Generals 30% Privates
    • PTSD

Aug 31, 2016 – CEO-Managing Partner

We don't see this as a war. Rather, a very competitive industry where the best teams win. We are big winners. Look at our track record of awards and our client roster.....which is arguably the ... More

"Depressing"

Current Employee - Art Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at LatinWorks full-time

Pros

Important brands for you to have on your portfolio (Domino's, Target, Lowes)

Cons

No good creative work getting out, creative culture is just not here. This is at most a premium translation company - owners not interested in doing good advertising, just getting jobs out, putting a lot of hours on Texas Lottery and surviving another month. Lots of tension and secret meetings going on.

Advice to Management

Be REALLY transparent. Don't say you are transparent and keep everybody in the dark about the future of the company.

Aug 31, 2016 – CEO-Managing Partner

Sorry about your perception. Our creative is something we remain very proud of and has placed us squarely on the map as being the most awarded agency in our space. It's creative that clients ... More

"Abusive"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The bonds I formed with the good ones and the stellar LinkedIn reviews from those who actually worked with me

Cons

Completely toxic culture of big egos and little compassion.

Southern sorority house, mean girl mentality.

Sophomoric understanding of integrated marketing that breeds eventual resentment of the Madison Avenue types they so desperately court and truly need for their rescue.

Humiliating practices like speech competitions that pit employees of the same title against each other to compete for their positions days before layoffs.

Leaking layoffs to the rumor mill so employees are made a laughing stock before they're actually let go with one week's pay.

Changing agreed upon peer evaluation panels to paint a specific picture of an individual to support ulterior motives.

Et cetera. Et cetera. Et cetera.

Advice to Management

Take your winnings and quit. Don't screw up any more careers and lives.

"Chaos"

Former Employee - Planning Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Planning Director in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really good people in this company. They are fewer and fewer every day, though.

Cons

Ran by 2 outdated marketers that can't stand each other, that are not around most of the time (2 maybe 3 hours a day) and only care about how much money they put in their pockets.

There is no vision or philosophy, no process, no "leadership team" - it's just do what they tell you to do (which does not make sense most of the time) and shut up. Or in a bad they they'll fire you.

They don't really care about the quality of the work (they don't really have a vision) or about the relationship with the clients or the morale of the team. Their leadership style is opaque, they foster gossip and conflict.

Advice to Management

You are hurting good people's lives. People that have put their futures and the futures of their families in your hands.

Aug 24, 2016 – CEO-Managing Partner

WE have some of the best people in the industry working here at Latinworks. And as a result, our desire is to excel with our client work. ......our goal is to rid our company of any "B" players we ... More

"Worse everyday"

Former Employee - Group Account Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Group Account Director in Austin, TX

I worked at LatinWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Austin is a cool city and the agency has free parking.

Cons

This place gets worse everyday. They are desperate for money, losing clients and projects, no raises or bonuses for the past 2 years, benefits (already awful) keep getting worse and they are unable to get anything right.

Advice to Management

Close the shop. You are incompetent and outdated.

May 6, 2017 – VP People and Culture

Thank you for the feedback and review. We agree that Austin is an extraordinary city to do business in and we love our new office space and the amenities that include an onsite gym and free parking ... More