Legacy Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Paid in Full"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Legacy Analytics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great consulting firm
    Don cared about everybody

Cons

Pay was slow but complete
    Not busy enough
    Could have taken smaller jobs
    Few good Analysts
    Fewer good salespeople
    - Company closed

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity

2. "Sales"

Pros

Good people to work for

Cons

Commission only lot of leg work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good customer service

3. "Company Now Out of Business"

Former Employee - Executive Management
    Former Employee - Executive Management

I worked at Legacy Analytics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company helped many business owners to become successful. It employed many experienced, competent business consultants and operated in a very ethical manner.

Cons

Some of the employees believed that the firm's standards were too high and that too much was expected of them.

4. "Inside Sales Manager/Inside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager/Inside Sales Representative in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Legacy Analytics full-time

Pros

After racking my brain for quite a while, the only pro about working at Legacy was that it gave me a clear understanding of the type of company(and I use that word loosely) that I would never want to work for ever again. I spent three years there in multiple roles and it was the lowest point in my career.

Cons

Too many cons to list. This was a horrible, abusive and dysfunctional environment to be in and seriously affected employees mental health. The owner Don Fletcher was a tyrant who on many occasions would walk into the office and give a very infamous salute to the entire sales floor. He would yell and scream constantly and degrade his employees whether they were executives or even his own wife. It was the most unorganized place that I had ever seen and they never turned a profit in the three years I was there. They would have me hire new inside sales reps and then force me to let them go after their first day. Legacy Analytics was little more than a boiler room.

Advice to Management

Close the doors and never look back. Learn to treat people with respect and not like animals.

5. "Powerfully dedicated"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Business Analyst in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Business Analyst in Rolling Meadows, IL

Pros

The dedication and integrity of all employees is truly amazing. Those who didn't appreciate these values did not last.

Cons

Travel can be tough at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't let the 'nay sayers' get you down. They just couldn't cut it.

6. "Should re-consider working here"

Former Employee - Staff Executive
    Former Employee - Staff Executive

Pros

The owner believes that the customer should get the best consulting. He does not waiver on ensuring the customer benefits.

Cons

Many times consultants are entering an engagement that should never be opened. The survey team in effort to meet their goals open a project when the client has no money. The consultant is now in the position to provide service that will not get paid. The owner will now rant and rave at the consultant for not getting the client to pay (as all clients lie).

When you are on an engagement and the client is billed for all expenses including travel, the company will now direct travel to save money and send you home on the cheapest flight available even though the client has paid for a more expensive travel. The company will keep the extra money to help cover the cost (see above).

In the year that I was there getting paid on time was not the rule but the exception, UNLESS they needed you to go to a new engagement. Then the money (wired) was found in your account. My last pay and expense was delayed by 8 weeks.

The company lives in the past. What they should do is hire a consultant to bring them into the future. Having a paid telemarketing group in house does nod t make sense. They should purchase leads from a telemarketing company and treat your consultants like professionals, not objects to yell and scream at.

When directly talking to the owner about the reason that I would not be available was due to my not trusting I would get paid, all he could do was shout and yell that he never withheld a paycheck in his life. Being lied to was the last straw.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want to be. If you want to be a company that operates in the 21st century act like it. Get into the digital age, and treat your employees like trusted member's of the team and not like in the 1950's where they were grateful to have a job.

Also, your clients are more savvy now then ever before, they have the internet and can look you up and get to know whom you are before you get into the door. So tolerating a survey team that allows you to send in a consultant with the thought they would not have to pay until the results were shown or can make changes to the contract is a huge problem.

It is 2016, operate in the current year or maybe just maybe it is time to let it go.

7. "District Sales Manager"

Current Employee - DSM
    Current Employee - DSM

I have been working at Legacy Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people with Good intentions to truly help small business owners.

Cons

A lot of travel - driving and flying all over.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Senior Business Analyst"

I worked at Legacy Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Senior Business Analyst, I had the opportunity to meet a few business owners. I enjoyed talking to the owners and officers, learning about them personally and professionally.

Cons

The business model is antiquated. In today's world of technology, the organization is far behind. Direct deposit is not available. You are expected to go straight to the bank to make a deposit after collecting client fees. If you are out on a job you must wait until you get home to cash a paper check. Getting paid is very slow. Per the Survey contract, expense reimbursements are supposed to occur every two weeks. I went on several assignments and asked the Director of Operations for reimbursement. I received the run around several times. The answers I received were 'we are working on it"; "It is in payroll", 'the owner is sitting on it", just to name a few excuses. I had to fly into Chicago, at my own expense to confront senior management and the owner to collect what was owed. I am fortunate I have other streams of income to afford to do that. If you do not have any other streams of income, STAY AWAY. You will spend your money for assignments and not get paid. During my visit, I was amazed at the office environment. The office is old and the owner needs to retire and close shop. The operation is command and control, as the owner screams at the employees totaling 5. Legacy should be ashamed calling itself a management consulting company. The problems most small business have they have also, but magnified. How can you fix another business when your business is in shambles?

Advice to Management

People are smarter today than they were years ago. People with talent and education will not work for you; you will get the bottom of the workforce. Change your methods or you will falter.

9. "Make A Positive Difference!"

I have been working at Legacy Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the creed and mission statement refers to client satisfaction, it is with that Legacy Analytics delivers.
    No matter type or size client company, I have found that the focus on satisfaction remains of primary importance.
    It feels good to make a positive difference in the lives of the owners and their extended work family.

Cons

In pursuit of excellence, the pressure to perform and achievel is strong and unwavering.
    Some may be put off in well doing at such a price.
    Me, the cost and effort is dwarfed by the consistent satisfaction of the clients.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

10. "Don't believe the negative reviews"

Current Employee - Executive in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Executive in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Legacy Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Legacy is one of the few companies that does not settle for anything less than 100%. Our clients and the services that we provide are the number one priority for our President and the rest of the team. We are fortunate to have an owner who does not accept anything less than a perfect job for our clients. Employees who do not make the grade are sent home. Unfortunately, the workforce today is full of mediocre employees.

Cons

The office environment is sometimes intense because the owner is constantly striving for excellence. When people achieve their goals they are congratulated and then asked to strive for more. Only people who are self-motivated, ethical and work as a team survive employment at Legacy.

Advice to Management

Learn as much as you can from Mr. Fletcher. His management style is successful because of his desire to do the right thing for Legacy clients and employees.