KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lemax Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2022

Found 28 of over 28 reviews

4.1
Lemax CEO Mate Kostovski (no image)
Mate Kostovski

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and team dynamic.(in 8 reviews)
  • "good salary if you are experienced(in 5 reviews)
  • "There are so many learning opportunities and colleagues are always willing to help.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Management actually listens to the employees and is showing effort in fixing behaviors/processes there are not in a good place.(in 3 reviews)
  • "excellent communication and support both between peers and vertically in the company hierarchy.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great colleagues, challenging environment

Mar 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues and rare opportunity to work in SaaS company in Croatia. Great equipment and education budgets.

Cons

Environment changing on daily basis, it was hard sticking to a certain plan, not enough 1on1s and KPI's not defined well. Sometimes you feel that the company was not employer-focused. The tech stack is a bit older.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Associate Role

Feb 12, 2022 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

All good, no issues. Needs bit improvement in work life balance

Cons

No cons so far. same as above

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love to work here

Jun 17, 2021 - Systems Administrator in Zagreb
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody is considerate and caring. Colleagues are smart and helpful. Team leaders are professional and willing to guide you to become better at your work. Atmosphere is relaxed. There is no pressure to get things done, it's encouraged to ask for advice if you get stuck, etc... Free educations. Overall it's really good to work here and be a part of the team.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow to get things done. Lots of procedures and weighing about how to do something (but compared to pros this is not a big problem).

Lemax Response

Awesome! :) We're glad you're enjoying your time at Lemax. Thank you for this great review!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company with great people!

Jul 22, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

People in Lemax are definitely so far the best people I have had a chance to work with. Overall I feel like everybody is really trying to help, including senior management. Also, you will get a chance for career growth and to prove yourself.

Cons

I guess the con right now is the situation in the Travel industry due to Corona, but hopefully, that will end soon.

Lemax Response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We're happy to hear it!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hidden gem of Croatian IT companies. Great place to work at!

Mar 24, 2021 - Product Marketing Lead in Zagreb
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment Awesome colleagues - it feels like a family, but not in a weird way :) Opportunities to grow your career inside the company Experts are appreciated, you really feel you're making an impact and your voice is heard Strong HR (People&Culture) team, with in-house Learning and development Global footprint in a very interesting industry Awesome clients A big focus is on work-life balance. When overtime is needed, it's paid.

Cons

Some changes are sometimes slow in implementing, but they do happen Expand the employee benefits portfolio with things like annual checkups, additional insurance, etc.

Lemax Response

Thank you for your awesome review and suggestions for improvement - they're appreciated! Your comments are really encouraging and we'll make sure to keep on listening :)

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ambitious company for ambitious people

Apr 20, 2020 - Software Developer in Zagreb
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities - a lot of experienced co-workers ready to help, challenging project(s) that require and encourage continuous improvements and learning. Inclusive structure - new ideas are seriously considered regardless of who proposed them, and so far, I haven't seen "ego plays" where someone's input was shot down just to build personal authority. Facing company problems - no company is without problems in it's processes, but the important part is how it confronts them. So far, I've witnessed that all problems in Lemax are addressed and efforts are made to fix them, nothing gets "swept under the rug". Atmosphere - excellent communication and support both between peers and vertically in the company hierarchy.

Cons

Stress - the amount of work can be stressful for some people, this issue is a bigger or smaller problem depending on personal coping mechanisms. I've seen significant steps taken to fix this problem, but it is still present from time to time. Operative work - there were and are continuous asks within the development that take chunks of time from workers to keep the customer experience as high as possible. These should be automated and reviewed.

Lemax Response

We appreciate dearly your accolades! Thank you also for the constructive feedback and the advice you've given - we agree with it fully! We value the patience it takes to see the results of our effort to improve processes so that we can make your time at Lemax more meaningful, enjoyable, and productive.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company that pushes itself and its employees to strive for greatness

May 8, 2020 - Software Developer in Zagreb
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot of very competent people to learn from. Everyone is ambitious, willing to learn and to teach and help. People are very professional in their jobs, but still very friendly and reachable. The industry and projects are challenging but rewarding. There's a lot of opportunities to make an impact, learn and research. Company is oriented towards implementing new tech stack and infrastructure so there's a lot of opportunity to learn. Team members strive to do the work as work should be done (patterns, unit tests, etc.) and will expect the same level of quality from you. There is a lot of flexibility in shaping your personal development plan with opportunities to switch departments. There are educational workshops (both technical and soft-skills). Overall there is a lot of transparency and honesty in the company and your honest opinion is appreciated and valued. Everything that is mentioned is addressed at some point. Working hours are flexible, overtime is paid, salary is very good.

Cons

Poor planning can lead to unneeded overtime (but at least it's paid). Artificial stress is introduced sometimes (criticality is exaggerated) Some business processes are not clear or even defined (which leaves you space for impacting them). Employees are in charge of managing their time and workload mostly by them selves, which gives autonomy but can leave some people filling overwhelmed. Every 10 weeks or so, you're on 24/7 passive duty, which is compensated but not yet optional. Legacy code and infrastructure. No work from home option. Standard, plain 20 vacation days package, no possibility to exchange overtime for free days yet. Getting vacation days when you want them can be tricky sometimes. Limited parking spots near the building.

Lemax Response

Thank you for taking the time to paint a detailed picture of what it’s like to work at Lemax. We’re glad you recognize how honesty is appreciated even when the news is not great. It’s also nice to know that you see the space for impact and change where there are no clear processes. Lemax can offer a lot to people who are looking to leave a mark. Some of the things you mentioned in the cons we’ve already addressed, and we’ll continue working on improving them. Thank you for your insight!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Highly driven team focused on disrupting the tourism industry

May 3, 2020 - Product Manager in Zagreb
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great, competent and smart team from whom you can learn a lot. The atmosphere is always at a high level. Mutual respect and willingness to help others. - Possibility to switch and alter career paths (e.g. from Development to Customer services or Sales). In case you want to explore other areas of professional development, you have the option to do it inside Lemax, rather than switching company. - Challenging projects and tasks in abundance to always test your skills and push your limits - Overall transparency, no reasons to hide anything. - No strict hierarchy and closed groups, everyone can collaborate and share ideas, opinions and thoughts. "That is not my job" is rarely heard - If you deliver you'll be rewarded with autonomy if you need it. - Honesty is valued. - Occasional travel and the opportunity to meet other people from the industry from all over the world, further expanding your experience.

Cons

- Rapid expansion leaves some traces in the form of chasing deadlines, overtime and potential increased stress levels. The management is always monitoring that and taking actions when needed. - More flexibility in work from home and flexible working hours would be much appreciated. - It is not unusual to context switch a lot.

Lemax Response

Thank you for your honest review and for recognizing that people get rewarded with autonomy and the possibility to upgrade their careers in ways that most fit their strengths, not just vertically. We’re also actively discussing the issues you brought up and hope you see changes there soon.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Plenty of growth opportunity, nice atmosphere and bright future ahead!

Jun 25, 2020 - Project Specialist in Zagreb
    Business Outlook

Pros

- company is starting to spread globally, which will create (already did) plenty of opportunities for personal development and growth - many quality people work here, mostly young crew, and the atmosphere is great - communication from the top is direct and honest and often, they are always among us, listening, and not excluded from the employees - you are able to change things here, propose new ways of work and improve processes! - dynamic and never boring job!

Cons

- company is in the process of fast growth and accordingly adjustments of processes and teams to support it. It is as well at the start of total technology transformation! To some this might be too stressful or chaotic, but I personally consider it as a unique opportunity that doesn't come across very often - to learn, grow, change things for better! - benefits for employees could be better (based on performance etc.)

Lemax Response

We appreciate your constructive feedback and praise! Our organization is transforming in many aspects to scale our business globally, and this is challenging. We’re glad you also find it fulfilling in many ways, as there are also enormous opportunities for growth and impact. Lemax always took pride in the powerful individuals and teams that work here, so it’s always nice to discover how much people notice this and cherish one other.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company with good intentions and a long road ahead of it

May 26, 2020 - SoftwareDeveloper--Mid in Zagreb
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company cares about us employees and listens to our feedback. Following the SaaS business model and transitioning to a product driven company stood the test of currently ongoing industry crysis and proven Lemax to be a strong and stable IT company. Good salary and everyday learning opportunities. Willing and capable colleagues across all departments involved in my everyday work. Company provides soft and hard skill education. Clean and comfortable office infrastructure, modern and respected IT equipment and software tools. Sport and fitness benefits, free fruit, hot and cold beverages available everyday.

Cons

Company is still learning about the processes it lacks and newly implemented processes are still "under testing" so prone to change which leads to errors and frustration, but to fair it is something that can't be avoided since change is made to improve the process and is based on employee feedback so its better then just leaving the "1.0 version" of the process implemented. Company onboarding for new employees is outdated and sets wrong expectations. A company career path is repeatedly promised but is yet to be implemented. Outdated work hour tracking tool and process.

Lemax Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review; your comments are truly helpful! We’re glad to see you appreciate so many aspects of working at Lemax, as we’re trying really hard to live according to our values and be the company we claim we are. The onboarding process will certainly forego some changes. We also hope that the newly implemented tools will ease not just the work hour tracking, but other collaborative processes as well. In regard to our company career path, we constantly see people progress to a higher level of responsibilities and even change the department they work in, but it yet remains to more clearly define and unify this process across the organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews