LevelEleven Reviews | Glassdoor

LevelEleven Reviews

Found 19 reviews

3.6
David Leinweber
  1. "Be Apart of Building Something Special in the Heart of Detroit!"

I have been working at LevelEleven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome opportunity to be apart of building an amazing company! I am surrounded each day by individuals who share both my passion for winning and my belief that customers are the lifeline of any organization. I love that every day I am challenged and I leave the office fulfilled.

Cons

Being a smaller organization, sometimes you have to wear many hats. But I have to say in it has been worth it because I have learned so much in such a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the vision and building a great company!

LevelEleven2019-03-27
    • "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at LevelEleven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for less than a year and have enjoyed learning the business and getting to work with amazing people. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. They provide free lunch every Monday and frequent happy hours after work. The new management is working hard to strengthen the processes to ensure a smooth and productive future for the company, It's a great location downtown in the middle of all the...

Cons

It's and old building that can be a little temperamental at times; too hot or cold.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to perfect the process and improve the product.

LevelEleven2019-04-16
    • "Great Team, Nice Opportunity to Learn and Grow in Tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at LevelEleven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are willing to put in the effort, you will be rewarded! I wasn't in tech prior to LevelEleven, but I knew Salesforce, so that was a plus. Awesome co-workers who really care about customers and who want to grow the product. Being a part of Detroit's comeback and within easy walking of Campus Martius, Comerica Park, Ford Field, LCA, the Fox, etc. is a big bonus.

Cons

Steep learning curve to start, and I felt overwhelmed at first, but it's all good now.

Advice to Management

LevelEleven has been growing at a rapid but healthy pace, and we are going to need more office space soon! How about another floor of our building?

LevelEleven2019-03-06

"Great team, still learning"

I worked at LevelEleven full-time

Pros

Everyone really wants to help each other and is trying to build something great. The team made it great coming to work everyday and the product itself is solid. The space is still defining itself so the opportunity is there.

Cons

Too much of a big company mentality for small company. When you have companies on the same block like LinkedIn, Google, Dynatrace, etc. you would think that you would want to make it as appealing of a job as possible. When you hire smart and talented people, you should trust them to do their job and not have to babysit or micromanage to feel like you have complete control over everything. Also from a sales perspective...

Advice to Management

To hire and retain top talent you need to treat them a such. Making sure someone is at their desk 50 hours a week is not building a good company culture. Trust the smart people you hire to do their jobs and they will help you get L11 to where you want to be.

LevelEleven2019-03-08

"Great Opportunity and Learning everyday"

I have been working at LevelEleven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stability, ability to grow and learn from people around me. Everyone works really hard and everyone gets a long at the same time. I appreciate the leadership and their tenacity for wanting to create a profitable business and growing us as employees at the same time

Cons

Demanding some days, but worth it. I feel successful when I leave the building every night.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding people, keep growing people

LevelEleven2019-02-19

"Toxic work culture"

I worked at LevelEleven full-time for more than a year

Pros

- health insurance was decent

Cons

- Poor leadership. The management at all levels is out of touch and inexperienced. Lots of egos and no real direction. The CEO David Leinweber has no idea what real people are like since he's mostly a robot himself and was given the position by his father who bought the company. - They have been slowly stripping away benefits (401K matching, PTO) - The new office is super small and cramped, far from places to eat...

LevelEleven2019-02-12

"Poor Leadership! All of the positive reviews occurred prior to the current leadership."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at LevelEleven full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are nice and they worked together well, bonding over how terrible management is.

Cons

Note that the positive reviews for the company occurred before the Ascent Group really took over leadership and management roles. The current (2018 and newer) leaders of the company were appointed out of nepotism. This would be fine if they were a right fit but they lack the leadership skills required. As a result, the company has been on a downward spiral with the departure of some of its top performers and employees....

Advice to Management

Don't promote or appoint individuals to roles that aren't a good fit for them.

LevelEleven2019-01-09
    • "Part of Something Great"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at LevelEleven full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the day I started I have felt supported, and part of a team that is looking to really define the space we are in. The team is growing, and the people here are great at making sure that you have what you need to get the job done. Being downtown Detroit, next to Campus Martius, around the corner from Comerica Park, couldn't ask to be in a better spot.

Cons

As an employee in any role here, you have to be ready to contribute and be part of building up the organization. If you are looking to come in and do just enough to get by it's probably not going to be a good fit. The lone wolf mentality won't fly, as leadership wants visibility into what you are doing and how they can help.

Advice to Management

With an evolving go to market strategy, you have been doing a great job communicating your message to the team. Keep it up so that we can all be uniform in our messaging, especially as the team continues to grow.

LevelEleven2017-12-29
    • "Fantastic Company & Growth Story"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at LevelEleven full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and people. Everyone is passionate and dedicated to building something special in the heart of Detroit. The technology is exciting and constantly evolving on a monthly basis - very talented engineering team!

Cons

I wouldn't say this is a Con. The environment is high pace and the expectation is to get after it every day while collaborating with all areas of the business. If you're a lone wolf, are re-active in your role or do not embrace change, this place is not for you

Advice to Management

Keep taking calculated and innovative risks - this has really paid off for the business the past12 months.

LevelEleven2017-11-02
    • "Great team in downtown Detroit"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at LevelEleven full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people in a great location in Detroit. Growth potential in the business with a CEO that cares about the team. A start up meantality that gives employees the ability to grow their career.

Cons

They haven’t quite figured it out yet in terms of taking the product to market. If you are the kind of person that views this as an opportunity and doesn’t mind change, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the growth of team members.

LevelEleven2017-10-16