LifeQuotes.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.8
Robert Bland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good pay, family-flex hours, freedom to work from home"

Current Employee - Account Executive/Sales in Darien, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Sales in Darien, IL

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely the pay, clear path to Team Leader when wanted, great health plan, paid days off, paid vacation, retirement account contributions. Very stable employer that offers direct access to founder/CEO. Super-low employee turnover and thorough training program makes the office environment nice and free of pressure.

Cons

It's busy and very social here, so make sure you are the kind of person who likes to be busy.

2. "poorly managed"

I worked at LifeQuotes.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good place if you are just wanting to have high pressure call center experience

Cons

CEO did not value his top producers, changed the bonus and pay structure 10 times the first year I worked there, stripped the commissions back to almost nothing, and had the audacity to ask me why good people left. And they did. Keeps all the overrides and renewals and does not share with the people who are earning the money, treats people poorly. Unhappy staff !!

Advice to Management

Put your huge ego aside and listen to your people. . Noone there inside or outside there makes 100K as an agent, maybe on the brokerage side of the house. no trust to employees, sends red letter emails berating agents and employees openly, cameras on premises and they pay you like a Walmart employee.

"Don't be fooled by the positive reviews"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Darien, IL

Pros

There really are no positives. They treat their employees like robots. If they could carry around whips they would.

Cons

All the positive reviews are very obviously written by either the owner or management. They are not in any way accurate. They change your pay constantly to lower and lower amounts. They strip people of any chance to be happy with the micromanagement style and make working for them a stressful hell.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to learn something from Richard Branson, owner and founder of the Virgin Group, including Virgin Airlines, he says "The employees are top priority, happy employees equal happy customers."

"Make the sale - Fast!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Darien, IL

I worked at LifeQuotes.com (More than a year)

Pros

They pay for your life insurance license in multiple states - if you earn it. And if you work in the main office.

Cons

Make the sale no matter what. Customers' best interest is not a consideration. Pay structure changes every few months. You are a gerbil on the wheel. Don't like something? Leave.

Advice to Management

Value and respect your customers and employees.

"Beware of this company. They want to take over your life and don't keep their promises"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Darien, IL

Pros

Can't think of much good. Pay is decent but not great and certainly not worth it for the aggravation and obsessive monitoring of your personal life.

Cons

This is the most disorganized company I have ever worked for. They are also the most obsessed with your personal life and will force you to sign away your rights to any type of privacy before they hire you and also during your work there. Expect that your Facebook and all social media will be regularly monitored and if they disagree with anything that you post whether it is an opinion on world matters, politics religion or anything of the sort, they will use it against you. They also want to know about your personal finances to the extreme even though The positions are are not high-paying high level financially responsible . I also feel that they prefer younger people

Advice to Management

You should only care about what matters which is a person's education experience and motivation to learn and succeed and you should not mistrust employees so much that you feel you need to monitor every aspect of their lives. You should also give people of different ages the same opportunities. I can understand why there are so many negative reviews

"Depressing call center enviornment"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Darien, IL

I worked at LifeQuotes.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For me it was close to home and only worked here while I was transitioning into finding my true career passion.

Cons

The CEO, Robert Bland is a terrible people person. He underpays agents, working them to the bone in a very dreadful, dark call center environment. They would set very unrealistic goals and when anyone was close to making their quotas, he'd change the structure so that you didn't get paid out on it. Micromanaging to the core, all calls are recorded and every move monitored, to the point that they wouldn't allow you to get up to print. You'd have to ask to use the restroom. It was very depressing!!!!

Advice to Management

Close the doors and call it quits, this is like pure torture for people and the fact that you continually are hiring in an environment that is taking advantage of others is just sad. Get out while you can.

Jan 7, 2016 – Founder and CEO

Hi, I'm Bob Bland, CEO and founder of Lifequotes.com. I'm so sorry that working in our call center did not work out for you.
    As you know, we have very low employee turnover in our call center and... More

"Great Family Company - Understand & Adjust to Employees Needs"

Current Employee - IT Staff in Darien, IL
    Current Employee - IT Staff in Darien, IL

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are very friendly, family environment.

The leadership are very approachable and the time (work-hour) is very flexible.

Free lunch every 2 months (or more) !

Cons

Salary, but hey money is not everything as long as you like what you are doing :)

Advice to Management

More or On-time salary review ...

Jan 7, 2016 – Founder and CEO

Hi. I'm Bob Bland, CEO and founder of Lifequotes.com. Thank you for posting your review. If you feel that you are not making enough money, please come see me today and let's talk. I'm always open... More

"Very oppresive environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at LifeQuotes.com (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is friendly and the office is comfortable

Cons

No company loyalty and poor management

Jan 7, 2016 – Founder and CEO

Hi, I'm Bob Bland, founder and CEO of Lifequotes.com. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience working here. We have a very stable workforce with low turnover. Many of our folks have been with us... More

"Not a bad place to make some money. I find it hard to want to plant my flag here for the long term."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Darien, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Darien, IL

Pros

casual atmosphere, flexible hours, coworkers are nice

Cons

management is a little disorganized; raises are hard to come by; since it is a small company, it is hard to move up.

Advice to Management

listen your workers and explain why some management actions are taken

Jan 7, 2016 – Founder and CEO

As you know, we have very low employee turnover in our call center and it... More

"Technical Lead"

Pros

small and entrepreneurial. good people. good location

Cons

bad benefits, management, leadership and outlook