Link2Gov Reviews | Glassdoor

Link2Gov Reviews

1.0
Bruce Hopkins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Most poorly managed business I've ever been involved with"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN

Pros

Short commute, good shopping nearby.

Cons

Morale in the toilet, literally.
    Managers had their fiefdoms and jealously guarded their piece of the company processes, usually to the detriment of the company and the client.
    Feedback to employees was either half-hearted and unfocused or harsh and punitive.
    In the 10 months I was there I went from being the new guy to being an old hand.

Advice to Management

Link2Gov was bought be M&I bank shortly before I came on. M&I played a big hand in the financial meltdown, those attitudes seem to have infected this company. Link2Gov should divorce itself from M&I and clean up their corporate attitudes.

2. "Obfuscation, mismanagement, and abuse"

I worked at Link2Gov full-time

Pros

I was paid well. Little did I know when I accepted the position that the paycheck would hardly cover the medical bills I'd incur from the stress of working there.

Cons

- No centralized organization of any kind (documentation, client database, issue tracking, etc)
    - Poorly-designed outsourced product released without being fixed
    - Severe lack of interdepartmental communication, culture of secrecy and defensiveness regarding basic information, outright refusals to put things in writing
    - Some of the managers seemed to confuse harassment with discipline
    - No HR department to help address any of the above

Advice to Management

Give up the management track, and pursue positions in which you follow good leaders whose people have high morale and productivity. Please, please give yourselves the opportunity to see what good leadership looks like, and work to emulate it. You cannot get more eggs by beating the hen.