Linode Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.1
Linode CEO Chris Aker (no image)
Chris Aker
  1. 5.0

Great Place to work

May 11, 2021 - Datacenter Operations Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with talented engineers on large company wide projects across world-wide datacenters

Cons

High stress due to nature of work

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really loved working at Linode

Feb 19, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can tell a lot about a company by the way they handle customer support. Here, the support team isn't pushed behind the curtain getting few resources - you'll be front and center and have the ability to collaborate with other teams and take on additional responsibility if you choose. The role is also very hands-on, you won't be just handling simple incidents, you'll be able to dig into a myriad of technical issues and learn so much along the way. The way support is structured allows you to profoundly impact each customer's experience, which I also really enjoyed. The team is very supportive... Benefits & company culture are great too. - Great team and culture - Leadership that cares and communicates - Ability to take on additional responsibility as support - Room for advancement - Company is here to stay

Cons

Not really a con, just a heads up about scheduling. This may change, but as of now, you may have to periodically work an overnight shift. There are team members who prefer nights, but that was really the only adjustment I had to make during my time at Linode. The schedule didn't last too long though and I was on days for the rest of the year after that one. Scheduling is just one of the bi-products of 24/7 support, but they balance things across the team fairly well. In my experience, you can make the flexibility work for you though, like being able to shop at an empty grocery store since you have Tuesday off lol

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

All around great company to work for

Feb 10, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, great leadership, working on cutting edge technologies, lots of autonomy.

Cons

None that I can think of.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Loved working here

Jan 12, 2021 - Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, state of the art facilities, provide technology,

Cons

Some roles are exposed to lack of direction from upper management

5. 5.0

Great place

Oct 27, 2020 - Yes Coordinator in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work for

Cons

Yes it’s ok I will

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Mixed bag, like most companies

Nov 30, 2020 - Network Operations Center Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of great people, good team spirit.

Cons

Lots of technical debt and little time devoted to reducing it.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best organization I've ever had the pleasure of working at

Jul 28, 2020 - Junior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great culture. The best part about working at Linode is the people employed here. I feel like I've made some great friends, and enjoy my time working.

Cons

There is a lot of work, it's a bit overloading at times, and priorities seem to shift frequently.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Aug 29, 2020 - Technical Support Representative in Galloway, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun social work environment with plenty of room to grow upward.

Cons

Sometimes the work can be repetitive, but it is still exciting for a support role.

9. 5.0

Amazing place to work

Jul 10, 2020 - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing staff and culture Great benefits Making products that are awesome Work is fun

Cons

Work/life balance can be a bit strained.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic place to work

Mar 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've found that the vast majority of the folks working at Linode truly enjoy their job, and it shows. I've never worked someplace where the people navigated their day with such genuine positivity. Personally, I find my work to be interesting, varied, and fulfilling. I feel like I'm free to apply myself in different capacities and to find my own path here, and I never feel lost in the weeds. The opportunities for growth within the company are excellent, and good work is recognized and rewarded. This is easily the best workplace I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of. I'm proud to work here, and I'm proud of the culture we are building and the values we embody. Linode rocks.

Cons

I'm sure there are some cons, but I'm having a hard time coming up with much! It would be nice if our 401K was available immediately upon hire? I can't complain without feeling like I'm nitpicking -- this company has truly exceeded my expectations on every level.

Continue reading