Lippe Taylor Reviews | Glassdoor

Maureen Lippe

"Excellent Culture"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Lippe Taylor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The agency is filled with smart, talented and creative PR professionals working on an impressive client roster. It's nice to see the longevity both clients and employees maintain here- so rare in our industry

Cons

Be prepared to pack on a few extra lbs from agency "Pizza Fridays"... or just have more self control than me and opt for the salad ;-)

Advice to Management

The agency atmosphere that you've cultivated, engages and inspires employees to continually sharpen their skills, think "out of the box" and stay 10 steps ahead which is remarkable, keep it up.

Lippe Taylor2017-07-17
  2. "Miserable"

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time

Pros

New Business is the place to be. The day to day client management can't hold a candle to the creativity and challenges that New Business offers. Unfortunately, they don't hire people to work exclusively on new biz. Beauty closet is a fun perk. Being on Union Square was great. I was out of the office by 6 nearly every day, which was great because I had a to have a second job so I could support myself.

Cons

The work wasn't challenging or creative. My biggest day to day frustration was that there were huge waits for feedback on work, which lead to me asking other departments for work to do almost daily. I asked my manager for more challenging work and her response was that it would be good for me to be bored. I started looking for a new job that same day and was gone in two weeks. No thanks.

Advice to Management

Set goals! Provide structure! Pay more!

Lippe Taylor2018-08-04

"Terrible"

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time

Pros

Free food, good location too

Cons

It is a fear culture, no clear goals or management, never felt that we were working together on a team. Also lots of gossiping and lack of friendly environment.

Advice to Management

Celebrate wins - people like to feel their hard work has impacted the company. Always felt the only feedback received was when something went wrong, not right

Lippe Taylor2018-05-20

"Creative"

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location of the office Office architecture and space

Cons

-No structure -They are a pharma agency but won't say it outright -Career suicide -Very mean, snarly employees (especially the juniors)

Advice to Management

Greedily eyeing big numbers to meet every year shouldn't really be your goal. "No profit grows where there's no pleasure taken" is a writing you've put on your wall, about time you followed through

Lippe Taylor2018-05-14
  5. "Intern"

I worked at Lippe Taylor

Pros

small office so you get to know most employees, fun weekly office activities, great work environment, intern project was beneficial and fun

Cons

small company so not huge clients with huge budgets

Lippe Taylor2018-04-10
  6. "PR Shop"

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working with some of the people at Lippe.

Cons

If you're good, they'll put you on more accounts than you can handle.

Lippe Taylor2018-04-18

"Old School ways, Good Clients"

Former Employee - Digital Supervisor

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best clients in beauty and creative perks for projects. Very limited growth and support, which ends up giving you freedom over your day.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch, and shifting the entire focus to healthcare when that is not the strength of the team they have. Struggle to have transparency when needed and do not provide proper staffing. Time sheets and burn reports never result in help from a financial or staffing standpoint. They lack HR

Lippe Taylor2018-02-21
  8. "A good place to start"

I worked at Lippe Taylor full-time

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and people.

Cons

Employee recognition. Unless you are in upper management, your work may not be valued.

Lippe Taylor2017-12-11

"Great Work/Life Balance"

I have been working at Lippe Taylor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart and dedicated staff that all work well together. Great clients that range from large to small. Having off between Christmas and New Year's is a huge perk as we work hard and many of us have families out of state. It's nice to know that our time is appreciated. Maureen and Jerry are still very much involved with the company, which gives it a family business feel that you can't get at any other agency this...

Cons

Not having a true HR department can be seen as a con, things like having to ask for your own annual reviews can feel uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Celebrate employee wins and time dedicated to clients - it goes unnoticed when we're working extra hours or have events/pitching over the weekend.

Lippe Taylor2017-09-18

"Great place for work/life balance"

I have been working at Lippe Taylor full-time

Pros

work life balance like i've never seen at a NY agency. No work on the weekends, "late nights" means 7/8pm and are RARE + fair compensation. currently undergoing some changes but what agency in 2017 isn't? Low levels of employee turnover - most people are here for years. Family-oriented environment - the founders still work there and really value their people.

Cons

There are some people who are senior that don't necessarily have the expertise to lead but for the most part, those people are receptive to other people's input and are eager to learn.

Advice to Management

don't hover - you hired people for their brains and expertise. Let us do our jobs and make you proud.

Lippe Taylor2017-09-07