LiveArea Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at LiveArea full-time

Pros

Fantastic onboarding and recruiting team
    A true omni-channel service provider supporting the top 6 ecommerce platforms for implementations, upgrades and support services
    Big brand clients with the ability to see our work translate into the real world
    Several remote positions
    Team-oriented and career-focused

Cons

None identified at this time

"Agency"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Allen, TX

I have been working at LiveArea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The most strategically talented group of digital marketing experts, in one unified global Agency team, I've ever had the privilege of working with.

Cons

I can't think of any that directly impact me.

"TOXIC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at LiveArea full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting industry with some big name clients

Cons

Just about everything. Poor leadership, sales declining every year, massive attrition. See the reviews at parent company PFSweb to truly understand the state of the company. Business has become a commodity, majority of leadership comes from another failed e-commerce company - should have been a sign of what was to come.

Too bad the egos at the top have spent more time on pointless travel and a fake Glassdoor reviews than actually trying to build a solid company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the agency as quick as you can and focus on the operations business where you can actually be successful. Hire leaders that make everyone better instead of dragging others down.

"Be sure to look at reviews for PFSweb, the parent company. MUCH better representation of what it's like to work here!"

I have been working at LiveArea full-time

Pros

-Large and diverse client base
    -Employees aren't micromanaged

Cons

Where do I even begin? First of all, take a look at the reviews for PFSWeb, which is the parent company. That will give you a better idea of how things really are.

Working here is just a popularity contest. The execs and upper management play favorites and if you're not part of their 'in' crowd, you're out of luck. Opportunities, praise, and blatant favoritism are given to the same small group of people over and over, while other hard working employees are constantly overlooked simply because they aren't part of the cult.

Execs are constantly asking employees to write positive reviews on here, so take everything you are reading with a grain of salt. Most of it is fake, just like the people who work here. If you don't have some type of connection to the 'in' crowd, or didn't graduate from ACU, don't even bother applying because they won't take a second look at your application.

Also, massive turnover is a huge issue. People are leaving left and right, and many people that are still here are actively searching for new opportunities.

Advice to Management

Until management decides to run the place like a true business, rather than a cliquey middle-school popularity contest, there is really no advice that will make a difference.

"Overall a good place"

I have been working at LiveArea full-time

Pros

Exciting field, fast-paced, a lot of opportunity to learn, fun culture.

Cons

The opportunities for growth are limited to certain individuals. The parent company PFSWeb isn't as open to change and new ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It looks like there are some exciting things in the pipeline.

"Upside and Culture Change"

I have been working at LiveArea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the most brilliant people I've ever worked with. There are smart people solving real problems - you can't ask for anything more satisfying. Oh yeah, we work with some of the biggest and best names in the industry.

Live Area operates under the larger PFSweb name but is different both in terms of culture and core business. The older more operations minded PFS has some cultural deficiency a modern digital consultancy would bristle against. Under the new LA leadership you're seeing meaningful investment in organization structure, strategy, people and clients.

Cons

The overarching PFSweb company has some dark age tendencies. The CEO is a fantastic leader but there is an old guard contingency that makes life a little difficult. Cash is good but benefits are not much to speak of. Basically no matching in 401k and a below average health care plan.

Overall they maintain the financial mindset of a logistics company and pinch pennies rather than invest in growth.

Advice to Management

Invest in growth and reward top performers generously.

"Outstanding Team.... Great Company!"

I have been working at LiveArea full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I sincerely love working with LiveArea.... Phenomenal atmosphere, great culture, and I have the opportunity to collaborate and laugh with my colleagues every day. I work with some of most inspiring leaders, while at the same time work collaboratively with some of the brightest minded colleagues in the eCommerce industry.

Cons

I am a part of the firms distributed workforce. Working remotely is wonderful for work/life fit. But I sometimes miss the face-to-face interaction of an office environment.

Advice to Management

Please continue to inspire us. We feel valued and appreciated and count on leadership to continue to guide the success of the business at a high level.

8. "Great Place for a Full Career"

I have been working at LiveArea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fun place to work with talented and professional colleagues. Our global team works with many large brands, and collaborates to deliver beyond expectations. A forward thinking company that fosters creativity, offers flexibility, growth opportunities, and is a leader in the industry.

Cons

There are no cons to share

9. "Great clients - growing industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at LiveArea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance (can depend on your role). It is a great company with world-class clients. LiveArea is a part of the ever-growing eCommerce industry, so you get great experience and industry knowledge. There are also many remote employees.

Cons

There can be slight communication issues. Nothing too bad, you just need to make a little effort to stay in the loop.

10. "Great flexible working environment!!"

I have been working at LiveArea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A work environment with autonomy and ability to be a creative thinker. Great management staff and forward thinking leadership.

Cons

Previous acquisitions have positioned the company to lose traction that was gained prior in 2014 - 2016.