Living Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Rick Lundbom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Tech"

I have been working at Living Direct full-time

Pros

People, benefits, vacation and FH.

Cons

Bought out by large corporation

Advice to Management

Retain your employees

2. "US Gold Bureau Review"

Former Employee - Content Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Content Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Living Direct (More than a year)

Pros

-Some really good people, loved the folks on my team. Ah, just great peeps everywhere.
    -Ha, fun work parties...
    -Good office atmosphere, fun, laid back, trust in employees... it was refreshing
    -Lots of space, good desk area, y'know, as far as cubicles go
    -Very welcoming

Cons

-Initial drug test. Really? In Austin?
    -Drip coffee makers were kinda old...
    -Well, the company was sold to some Cali bros and we were all laid off, so, y'know... that wasn't great.

Advice to Management

I get it.

It must be hard to cultivate a familial-like relationship with your employees and still run a company. Business is business. It's hard to separate the personal from the professional when you've spent a good bit of time instilling that very combination into the DNA of the company's culture.
    I dunno. Just try and do better next time.

Sincerely,

Not A Jilted Ex--It Just Sounds That Way

3. "Great co-workers but..."

I have been working at Living Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly place to work for the most part, everyone gets along here.

Cons

The pay is not fair as far as your job title and your responsibilities, it seems to be more of a favoritism thing when it comes to pay. Also they tend to not match your job title to what you actually do, which further allows them to pay you less.

Advice to Management

It started off great, but now the appreciation for all of the hard work has gone by the wayside. Would love to see the appreciation/ acknowledgement come back.

4. "Awesome Company and Upper Management."

I have been working at Living Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promoted in 6 months in Sept of 2011. Given full reign to build a channel which thrives today. Nobody bothers me, make my numbers, out. Work life balance is awesome. Direct report is awesome. CEO is just the best! Traffic, I have none each way as I live to the west. It's great.

Cons

Hire too many Mellenials and softies. Half the buildings g is intimidated by the sales team for obvious reasons. We have a personality and don't need bring your dog to work days.

Advice to Management

Notta. Growing a business from $0 to $100M = damn impressive. I would sell if I wanted to also. Put on your big boy pants people, and get another job. Nothing is given.

5. "Pretty good for devs"

I have been working at Living Direct full-time

Pros

Decent pay, willing to hire non-college graduate programmers

Cons

they are going out of business

6. "It's all about sales"

Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I worked at Living Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love favoritism and cliches, this is the place for you.
    Diana is very professional and overall a wonderful woman to work with. If there is one shining star in the whole company it is her.

Cons

Living Direct is like your 4th choice college. You really want to work but you have no other choice. Coupled with salaries that are well below market value, and subpar benefits it really isn't much to write home about.

Moving up is all based on how much you suck up to the upper level executives. And even then you may get a 2-3% raise.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the greedy CEO that only cares about revenue and profits. If you had actually built a culture we wouldn't be going out of business.

7. "Ok Place"

I worked at Living Direct full-time

Pros

Very casual and laid back, most of the employees are good people who are dedicated to their jobs

Cons

Poor Management, Poor Leadership, very "cliqueish"

8. "Great company"

I worked at Living Direct part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It really was a fun place to work with lots of opportunity for growth. Employees have a direct line of contact with top management, and compensation was fair. The office is beautiful and employees are given flexibility to work from home on occasion.

Cons

While there is opportunity for growth, there is no real job security. The company is growing and merging with other companies, make yourself vital as soon as possible or your job is not safe.

Advice to Management

none, you guys were really fun to work for and it was a sad day for me when I was laid off.

"Not for the ambitious and motivated"

I worked at Living Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly. Office is nice and new.

Cons

Poorly managed, management culture is very frat-like. Zero room for growth. Was bought by a big company and they are living it up now.

Advice to Management

Be more open and less secretive about everything.

"Click-y and Micromanaged"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Living Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Occasional Snacks, subsidized gym membership, nice healthcare.

If you like beer then there's another pro.

Cons

Pay- Probably the worst. They don't pay to the living standards of Austin. Everyone starts off around 40K annually. It's increased by 1.3%(I believe) year over year automatically.

PTO - Even if its scheduled and approved and you place your two weeks notice - it will be lost. PTO is not paid out or recognized if approved once a two weeks notice is put.

Environment- Click-ish environment, recent graduates that have little to no experience, obnoxiously loud and can be a bit rude. Some can make blatant comments unfavorable to women, lgbt, or minorities (call center, category, etc).

Commute- Most unpleasant commute. Constant traffic, dangers, horrible drivers, accidents (3 hits in the parking lot.)

Meetings- This shouldn't be an issue, but when there are 7 to 10 a week it gets pointless. Management will throw information that is not pertinent to your work.

Micromanagement- Constantly having someone over your shoulder, evaluations, criticism.

Arrival/Departure - Arriving more than 15 min past 8am is frowned upon. Make sure to leave on or after 5pm - management wants to make sure you get 8hrs of work in.

Turnover - High turnover, especially in accounting, call center and product development.

Development - None, management is young and and will stay put for years. Company was acquired by Ferguson so development is now 0.

Trump Supporters.....

Advice to Management

Stop Micromanaging, know the comments that are made around the office (offensive), hire experienced employees, be more sophisticated with your data and targets.