LocalEdge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
LocalEdge President, Revenue & Operations Mike Deluca
Mike Deluca

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people with good intentions (in 11 reviews)

• Work environment is fun and exciting yet professional (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management does not listen to concerns or find solutions for them (in 16 reviews)

• There are some disconnects between the 3 major departments - sales / customer service & finance / fulfillment (in 15 reviews)

1. "All In?You make it happen"

Current Employee - Digital in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Digital in Midland, TX

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary + Commission (+ Bonus when Yearly phone book goal met)Excellent support staff in Buffalo-New advertising products & training.Good cost per lead for biz owners. Mgmt. Tracking daily activity to make sure you are doing the work to meet monthly & Qtrly Sales Goals. Good benefits & PTO.
    Sales org. where you can make above avg $, learn online adv & how internet marketing works while selling print phone book.

Cons

You are only as good as your next sale;Some geo markets hard to meet Co. $ales req. to keep job.
    Most Managers are great & know how to manage, some will throw pep under bus instead of leading sales team.

Advice to Management

Even more New & innovative Digital products with proven cost per lead to help get more sales. Customers who are getting results in a timely manner will buy more from Localedge.
    Thanks for constant Training - Trainers are great!

"QA analyst"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing pro about this place.

Cons

Micromanaged, no diversity all withe people , if not all most manegers have no idea how get things done

Advice to Management

Fire all mangers and some new ones with fresh ideas and knows what they doing

3. "Digital Media Executive"

Current Employee - Digital Media Executive in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Media Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with different clients every single day. The creative part of my job is my favorite. Developing and implementing digital campaigns that help my clients reach their financial goals.
    No day is ever the same, and I am always learning something new.
     My manager is extremely helpful and will walk me through any challenge I have.

Cons

It is a tough work load, you have to be willing to put the hours in.
    Multitasking is essential.
    Hard deadlines.

Advice to Management

Have more product training. And make more time for reps who need help.

4. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are incredibly nice and helpful
    You will learn a lot about digital marketing and your specialty
    Decent pay
    Supervisors won't micromanage you

Cons

The reporting process can be a bit tedious. These issues are being addressed, but in the meantime they are the least enjoyable part of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and cultivating a positive atmosphere. More training would be ideal and better communication between departments and resellers.

"They treat you like you're a child, & micromanage everything you do."

Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is okay, and they are willing to train you on most things if you don't have much experience.

Cons

I consider almost everything at this place to be a con, as they certainly outweigh the pros. The managers micromanage, and the work environment ends up sucking the life out of you.

"Horrific for everyone involved"

Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was alright I suppose, not bad right out of the gate. But workers are underpaid as far as the industry standard is concerned.

Cons

We were told if we touched a site at least once a month, despite what the work was, that was good enough. Which it's not. Little actual SEO is done. SEO management is out of touch with current SEO practices and that reflects in the work. They discourage actual SEO work, strategists are just other copywriters. You get 70+ accounts and have to work overtime or at home just to get anything done. You can put an hour into a site per month tops. Any knowledgeable SEO will tell you that that's terrible practice. It's a scam, clients aren't getting their money's worth. The metrics used to gauge the success are also outdated. Finally, there was no reason to believe management even cared about the work, but also the employees. I've never seen morale so low at a company. If you take pride in your work, go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Get new management

7. "Multi Media Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Multimedia Executive in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Multimedia Executive in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time

Pros

Best in class digital media products for SMB market.
    Can sell into vertical markets across the country.
    Good base + Commission + Bonus
    Good benefits.
    Good work/family balance.

Cons

Restrictions on scheduling vacation time.

8. "Digital Marketing Consultant"

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Fayetteville, NC

Pros

- GREAT pay if you put in the work. Can easily double or triple your base salary with the right hustle. Lots of contests!
    - Time off. Lots of it.
    - Flexibility. This can also be a con if you're not focused. I went shopping during the work day one too many times
    - New online training program. Although I don't think its being emphasized enough, its really great.

Cons

- Disconnect between offices. There should be some common ground and it seems that's not the case as more focus is being put on integrating newer sectors (ie. other sides of HEARST DMS)
    - Roller coaster focus. Given, the industry is ever-evolving, however, there should be some sense of consistency with the "process".
    - New training. It seems the training has drastically changed since I trained over 3 years ago. Too much focus on scripting without much on client relationship, situational selling, prospecting, etc. I've felt bad for the last few reps to come into our office because it seems they're really being thrown in with little direction
    - If you want to grow, you're going to have to be willing to relocate. Just the name of the game.

Advice to Management

More strategic training. Either two weeks isn't enough with our new process or the trainers aren't doing their job. Also, promote cross-office communication. Great job with the new online training as well as the website! Little steps in right direction

9. "Great out of College Job"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours and flex time is a huge bonus. Work culture can be fun. I enjoy working for all of mu superiors.

Cons

Heavy work load, with lack of support from tools to provide best and most efficient outcomes. Lot's of opportunity to move laterally, not so much vertically.

Advice to Management

We need better tools to handle heavy work load, and to put out the best work for clients.

10. "Bad Rep Is Not Deserved"

Former Employee - Web, Local Listings, SEO & SEM, in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Web, Local Listings, SEO & SEM, in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible Schedule- come on who doesn't want that?!
    -Salary may not be great but it isnt bad either.
    -Tons of room for personal growth, Sales, Management, Web Design, SEO, Social Media, SEM, you name it and Local Edge does it, great opportunity to gain experience
    -Company culture is great, its relaxed and plenty of fun things going on throughout the year.
    -New CEO has done an excellent job, I believe the company is profitable and will own the market in the years to come.

Cons

-Entry Level Salaries, get old once you've been there for over a year
    -Not enough room for advancement, there are seniors, supervisors and managers but there should be more product specialist & R&D (Performance & Strategy positions were perfect for this but they were never backfilled)

-Reseller Group holds the entire company back, no yearly bonus and its most likely because of the reseller channel.

-Dealing with MPMs, seems like their job is to point fingers but they are the only unprofitable group in the company.

Advice to Management

Pay your best people! In any given week you lose at least one person. Mostly because they have the right skill set and will be an asset to another company, yet LE doesnt even attempt to keep them. Do what it takes to keep your talent on board, even if this means creating new positions and paying them more.

Get rid of the reseller group, they hadn't done anything positive in the 3.5 years I was there except for pointing the finger and getting other people fired. Seems like they dont have to answer for their own ineptitude.