LocalEdge Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LocalEdge President, Revenue & Operations Mike Deluca
Mike Deluca

Pros
  • Great people with good intentions (in 11 reviews)

• Work environment is fun and exciting yet professional (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There are some disconnects between the 3 major departments - sales / customer service & finance / fulfillment (in 15 reviews)

• Upper management all comes from phone book sales (in 15 reviews)

1. "Multi Media Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Multimedia Executive in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Multimedia Executive in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time

Pros

Best in class digital media products for SMB market.
    Can sell into vertical markets across the country.
    Good base + Commission + Bonus
    Good benefits.
    Good work/family balance.

Cons

Restrictions on scheduling vacation time.

2. "They treat you like you're a child, & micromanage everything you do."

Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is okay, and they are willing to train you on most things if you don't have much experience.

Cons

I consider almost everything at this place to be a con, as they certainly outweigh the pros. The managers micromanage, and the work environment ends up sucking the life out of you.

"Horrific for everyone involved"

Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - SEO Strategist in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was alright I suppose, not bad right out of the gate. But workers are underpaid as far as the industry standard is concerned.

Cons

We were told if we touched a site at least once a month, despite what the work was, that was good enough. Which it's not. Little actual SEO is done. SEO management is out of touch with current SEO practices and that reflects in the work. They discourage actual SEO work, strategists are just other copywriters. You get 70+ accounts and have to work overtime or at home just to get anything done. You can put an hour into a site per month tops. Any knowledgeable SEO will tell you that that's terrible practice. It's a scam, clients aren't getting their money's worth. The metrics used to gauge the success are also outdated. Finally, there was no reason to believe management even cared about the work, but also the employees. I've never seen morale so low at a company. If you take pride in your work, go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Get new management

5. "Digital Marketing Consultant"

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Fayetteville, NC

Pros

- GREAT pay if you put in the work. Can easily double or triple your base salary with the right hustle. Lots of contests!
    - Time off. Lots of it.
    - Flexibility. This can also be a con if you're not focused. I went shopping during the work day one too many times
    - New online training program. Although I don't think its being emphasized enough, its really great.

Cons

- Disconnect between offices. There should be some common ground and it seems that's not the case as more focus is being put on integrating newer sectors (ie. other sides of HEARST DMS)
    - Roller coaster focus. Given, the industry is ever-evolving, however, there should be some sense of consistency with the "process".
    - New training. It seems the training has drastically changed since I trained over 3 years ago. Too much focus on scripting without much on client relationship, situational selling, prospecting, etc. I've felt bad for the last few reps to come into our office because it seems they're really being thrown in with little direction
    - If you want to grow, you're going to have to be willing to relocate. Just the name of the game.

Advice to Management

More strategic training. Either two weeks isn't enough with our new process or the trainers aren't doing their job. Also, promote cross-office communication. Great job with the new online training as well as the website! Little steps in right direction

6. "Multi Media Representative"

I worked at LocalEdge (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere - good to cut your teeth in sales.

Cons

Not great for experienced sales reps. Training was informational however processes for calculating success were not put together based on actual revenue and job performance.The place is a revolving door and they treat their employees this way.

Advice to Management

Work with employees not against them.

"Digital Media Consultant"

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant
    Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant

I worked at LocalEdge full-time

Pros

Reimbursements for gas were nice

Cons

In smaller cities, sales teams didn't seem to be as focused on selling the product - more concerned with selling newspapers and magazine ads, etc. Training wasn't great.

Advice to Management

Improve the sales training program- give better ideas on how to find prospective clients. Don't hire kids straight out of college if you aren't going to invest and train them properly.

8. "Great out of College Job"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at LocalEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours and flex time is a huge bonus. Work culture can be fun. I enjoy working for all of mu superiors.

Cons

Heavy work load, with lack of support from tools to provide best and most efficient outcomes. Lot's of opportunity to move laterally, not so much vertically.

Advice to Management

We need better tools to handle heavy work load, and to put out the best work for clients.

9. "Getting Better"

I worked at LocalEdge full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you value company culture, medical and financial benefits and career growth opportunities.

Cons

I would say that a large portion of the leadership team lacks the experience, knowledge and qualifications to execute their jobs. However, it is a great group of people with good hearts.

10. "Good pleace to be a developer"

I worked at LocalEdge (More than 3 years)

Pros

Software Development management and colleagues were the reason I stayed for so long

Cons

Upper management can be flaky

Advice to Management

take the advice and input of the development team

11. "Bad Rep Is Not Deserved"

Former Employee - Web, Local Listings, SEO & SEM, in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Web, Local Listings, SEO & SEM, in Buffalo, NY

I worked at LocalEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible Schedule- come on who doesn't want that?!
    -Salary may not be great but it isnt bad either.
    -Tons of room for personal growth, Sales, Management, Web Design, SEO, Social Media, SEM, you name it and Local Edge does it, great opportunity to gain experience
    -Company culture is great, its relaxed and plenty of fun things going on throughout the year.
    -New CEO has done an excellent job, I believe the company is profitable and will own the market in the years to come.

Cons

-Entry Level Salaries, get old once you've been there for over a year
    -Not enough room for advancement, there are seniors, supervisors and managers but there should be more product specialist & R&D (Performance & Strategy positions were perfect for this but they were never backfilled)

-Reseller Group holds the entire company back, no yearly bonus and its most likely because of the reseller channel.

-Dealing with MPMs, seems like their job is to point fingers but they are the only unprofitable group in the company.

Advice to Management

Pay your best people! In any given week you lose at least one person. Mostly because they have the right skill set and will be an asset to another company, yet LE doesnt even attempt to keep them. Do what it takes to keep your talent on board, even if this means creating new positions and paying them more.

Get rid of the reseller group, they hadn't done anything positive in the 3.5 years I was there except for pointing the finger and getting other people fired. Seems like they dont have to answer for their own ineptitude.