Logical Position Reviews | Glassdoor

Logical Position Reviews

Updated February 8, 2019

4.2

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great coworkers and work environment" (in 21 reviews)

• "Company culture, work life balance, awesome management, sales incentives" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have the opportunity to earn it back IF you are a senior salesperson and hit quota the next cycle" (in 4 reviews)

• "No cons that I can think of right now" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growth, Opportunity, and Success"

I have been working at Logical Position full-time

Pros

As many of the reviews mention, the culture at Logical Position is above and beyond anything I have experienced in any previous position. This is coming from someone that has worked for both traditional and digital marketing agencies in the past. The growth Logical Position has seen has opened the door to so many new opportunities for their employees. I have personally seen this and been a part of these opportunities over the last few years. If you work hard and are dedicated to becoming better every day, you have the opportunity to carve out your own path.

Cons

The only cons I have are directly related to our huge growth. As our staff and client base has continued to increase, our overall space and parking have been challenging. I know our leadership and owners have worked hard to accommodate everyone and are in the process of developing a new HQ building where any of my cons will be eliminated.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the culture you have created! Transparency is a core value and they are always open to hearing new ideas or suggestions regardless of the level you are at. Never lose this!

Dec 19, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

I appreciate the review, and I'm happy to hear that you are happy! -Mike W.

2. "Great Company and Great People"

I have been working at Logical Position full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company truly cares. I have recommended several of my close friends to work at LP and they all love it. We have won some major awards and work with some very well known clients. I've also learned a ton about digital marketing, which I'm now using for a passion project!

Cons

Insurance could be less expensive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Feb 9, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying your experience at LP! We are going to look at some different options for insurance plans this year during open enrollment. That conversation... More

"Top to bottom - Class act"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Logical Position full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* I have only worked for Logical Position for 3 days. May update this review in the future if anything changes.

I cannot speak on many topics at this point due to my lack of tenure, but from what I have seen, LP is a class act. Coming from a similar company structure I had expected more of the same; upper management force feeding information and driving a robotic sales floor to uninspired growth. From what I can tell, LP could not be more different.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the GM of the office has been leading training instead of the recruiter, and it has been refreshing to see the level of humility and hard work that starts at the top in this company. To find a boss who is so open minded and open to feedback is a luxury that not many of us experience this early in our careers - if at all. It is especially rare to see a boss whose first initiative is to pick your brain on your previous experiences to see how you could help innovate with the company.

Also, to add to the orientation experience, we were bought lunch on our first day, and given LP Starter Kits that contained Yeti's, water bottles, company sunglasses, etc. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

To summarize, in my short stay, I have felt welcomed and desired from the minute I stepped into the office. Upper management seemed to flip the interview at some point to actually sell me on the job, knowing that I had quite a bit of previous experience in the sector. That has been followed up with darn near a red carpet experience from both of my supervisors, setting up my computer for me, encouraging me to ask questions, and praising me for each topic that I have grasped thus far. No joke, best onboarding I have ever experienced to this point.

Cons

After all of that praise, I feel as though I must put something here to give a fair and well rounded opinion..

If I had to choose cons, I would say that the location, office, coffee, and parking situation could all be classified as "average". Not bad, but not the best that I have seen.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I would hate to see the level of attention wane as tenure increases. At this point, I have no reason to believe that it will.

Jan 23, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

I love hearing this because we made a big push to improve our on-boarding and early education experience. I'm sorry to hear that the coffee isn't very good. I'm not sure which office you are in, but... More

"LP for Life"

Current Employee - DMS II in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - DMS II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Logical Position full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't say enough about the guys and gals I work with down here in the Austin office.. To come into work each day with these kind of friendships is invaluable. Austin, Derek, and Grant have a created an atmosphere where everyone feels included and respected - more so than I have ever seen in a workplace. We were told that at all times we should be "working or celebrating", and it feels as though our office has the perfect balance of both. I trust upper management wholeheartedly and am excited to follow their direction through 2019 and the years to come!

Cons

Our office and technology could be better, but I believe that both of these are being addressed shortly. Also, a second refrigerator could make sense now that we are up to / over 30 people in the office.

Advice to Management

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Ya'll have provided me with an opportunity that allows me to put food on my family's table with a smile on my face. A special thank you to Jennifer Matous as well for getting me in to interview in the first place! Keep up the great work.

Jan 21, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying your experience. We appreciate everything you are doing down there! All the best! -Mike W.

5. "Everything you need to know before deciding"

Former Employee - Entry-Level Inside Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Entry-Level Inside Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Logical Position full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible time (8am-4:30PM with opportunity to leave early)
    Great interpersonal culture (very low tension between co-workers)
    Online training resources
    You get certified in Google Ads very quickly
    Teaches you how to prospect quickly on Google
    Teaches you how to have business conversations
    You learn how to give presentations online and what industry standard sales tools are available to you.
    You will likely become an expert in multiple industries
    You work for a company that can provide customers results better than anyone else in North and South America. This should give you a ton of confidence!
    Company is growing really fast.

I started off rough on the phones and asked for help from my managers. They gave it to me. I started getting way better and left the company at over 100% to quota (I think my best while there was 165% to quota).
    In the beginning, your job is to set appointments. Your managers are expected to close the deals for you. However, as you grow it is important to be independent and close your own deals. This allows you to maximize your time wisely and capture more opportunities (controlling your own income).

Cons

Very high turnover rate!

If you are a recent college grad looking for a job to pay back those loans, I wouldn't advise you to choose this unless you live at home or have very few bills to pay.

Compensation leaves much to be desired. Overtime is extremely rare and has to be approved by a manager/HR. Your hourly starts very low ($12). If you are consistent, you can bump your hourly by three dollars.
    Residual pay is accessible to consistent performers. You miss quota in a cycle? No residuals for you that cycle. You have the opportunity to earn it back IF you are a senior salesperson and hit quota the next cycle. Otherwise, if you want something better than your base, you better learn how to sell.
    Benefits are okay.
    You don't actually have a strong cushion for developing your sales funnel. Your cushion is getting paid on the sales you make during your first four months even if you fall short of quota.
    I've seen people who worked their butts off get fired before four months.
    At the end of the day, it's all about the numbers. There are plenty of events that allow you to enjoy the company of your teammates outside of work and plenty of ways that management makes the job fun. Don't forget you're responsible for your numbers. If you're uncomfortable with phone sales, you'll learn a lot here. Just make sure you can bear the pressure of performing. If you let it, this job can stress you out even when you're not at work.

Advice to Management

Management works very hard to keep the sales machine running. I can say that the Charlotte office in particular works very hard and isn't afraid to do what it takes to make sales happen. My feedback to you would be to set expectations and clarify communication top down. Try to avoid making promises that you can't keep (some reps still are still Salty about the day before Thanksgiving). Avoid overexposing opportunities for growth (promotions, product launches and etc). I'm thankful for the opportunity I've had to work at LP and I can say that though it was tough, I'm a better salesperson and more business-savvy as a result.

Remember: Reps aren't just looking for wheel-spins and DocuSigns. They're looking for recognition, appreciation and transparent opportunity for growth.

Feb 5, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad you had a good experience in terms of learning the industry, and that you worked with some great people. I want to address a few of the other points you brought... More

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Logical Position full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would've given a 5 star rating but those usually seem fake. I worked in the Austin office for just under a year and it was awesome. You get what you put in, so if you're willing to work hard and grind you'll find a lot of success. The atmosphere in the office is amazing and supportive and the managers truly want to see you succeed.

Cons

The job is almost entirely cold-calling which can be a bummer sometimes. However, LP is a genuinely good company that can help a lot of businesses so it's easy to believe in the product you're selling. If you're not passionate about sales, this job can be incredibly draining.

Advice to Management

None! All of my managers were so helpful and brought out the best in their employees.

Jan 17, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and people you worked with. We wish you all the best!

"Great people, great culture"

I have been working at Logical Position full-time

Pros

They really care about their employees and clients. I have made so many great friends in the short time I've been here.

Cons

The commute is long but the office is very nice.

Jan 4, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the feedback! I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying what you do and the people around you!

"Great Place To Discover Yourself & Grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Logical Position full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self worth
    Challenging
    Fun environment
    Confidence that you're working for one of the best
    Transparency
    Open door policy
    Team bonding
    Company Perks/parties/cash bonuses
    You get what you put in!
    They don't move the carrot!

Cons

No operations available
    Repetitive
    Rapid growth sometimes means harder prospecting but overall you're in sales it's expected! Just need to be more creative.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You really make this company amazing for all you do for the employees.  Mike and John are amazing owners of the company!

Jan 8, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you so much for your feedback. We wish you all the best! -Mike W

9. "Alright"

Former Employee - Paid Search Specialist in Lake Oswego, OR
    Former Employee - Paid Search Specialist in Lake Oswego, OR

I worked at Logical Position full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job for recent college grads. Atmosphere is kinda brainwashy.

Cons

90% of the employees were recent college grads. Very immature atmosphere at times. Plus it isn't really in Portland, takes about a twenty to thirty minute drive from downtown so commuting back is a pain.

Jan 19, 2019 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We try to foster a fun, inclusive, and safe culture. I'm sorry to hear that you felt like it was immature at times. We appreciate everything you did while you were at LP, and... More

"Amazing culture and a commitment to integrity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Logical Position full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LP has the strongest employee culture of any place I've worked. We are valued and supported to succeed by management as well as colleagues. It's been a safe place to learn a new skill and the commitment to excellence has impressed me. I've also been encouraged to see that the folks who work hard and strive to take care of our customers are rewarded with advancement opportunities.

Our commitment to take care of our clients has been rewarding for me. There is a level of satisfaction that comes from doing a good job for clients and earning their trust. It makes offering our products extremely easy when I know our highest priority is doing right by our customers. The integrity of our business model makes coming to work a rewarding experience.

Cons

I work in the Chicago office and the only con I can think of is that with our growth the line for breakfast on Wednesday mornings has gotten pretty long!

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow keep the focus of "what's best for our customer" as guiding principle.

Dec 20, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying what you do. We appreciate it and I know your clients do too! -Mike W.