Lovesac Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Lovesac Founder, CEO Shawn Nelson
Shawn Nelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • By the way, did I mention the product is Amazing (in 12 reviews)

• Great product and really cool concept, great employee discount and sales around Christmas (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Customer Service is a must have (in 8 reviews)

• Although the product is good no one really desires modular furniture or oversized bean bag chairs (in 8 reviews)

"Your investment will pay off!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work at Lovesac are charismatic, entrepreneurial and have tremendous drive and rigor. Working here you will be challenged daily to deliver your best results. You have the ability to set the direction of your future and be part of something amazing. From the product to the people you will not be disappointed. Having a team of people that believe in you and are invested in your success makes this a great company to work for.

Cons

Given that Lovesac is anything but a typical retailer means that there will be some growing pains. This company has unbelievable growth plans in the next 5 years so the pressure to perform is high. Lovesac is like a large family that has good days and bad days, but you stick together and make though in the end.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and personal development it will pay off in the future.

"Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I heard they put "pizza Tuesday" in place over at HQ... Sadly, no pizza for us measly store folk though...

Cons

You put everything you have into your job and get the reviews to back up your work, being told you're "absolutely amazing" and "I don't know what I'd do without you" but when raises come around you are basically given nothing! The standard 2% your supposed to get for cost of living, just because!! When your review justifies so much more but you're given no where near the minimum salary for your qualifications (20k -30k less!)

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate your pay structure. Your overpaying worthless employees by 50k and underpaying the valuable ones who keep your company running by 30k. Lovesac is nothing but a dead end job!

"Great product, horrible employee treatment"

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Lead and Operations Lead in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Quality product, great customers, small teams that can feel life family, fun environment.

Cons

Worked at the company for almost 2 years without a raise. Started as a sales associate and was assigned Customer Relations Lead. When our Operations Lead quit I had to take on her position as well as Customer Service Lead and sales all while being a "part-time" employee working 36hrs a week. I asked several times for a progress report, raise, and full-time status and was always brushed off. In the almost 2 years I worked at Lovesac I went through 5 different managers and 3 full staffs of employees. At one point my manager fired an employee and the manager was fired herself only hours later literally leaving me as the only employee at the store 2 days before inventory. I started out making $11 and left making $11hr. I conducted the first round of interviews and we ended up hiring a great rehire who came in at $11.50. A month after I left I found out they hired someone in my position with no experience at $20.

Lastly there is little to no room to grow in the company because it is so small.

Advice to Management

Learn to value your good employees. Lovesac is a specialty luxury item that unlike a pair of jeans does not sell itself. If you are asking me to sell $7-20k a week and refusing to give benefits because at 36hrs I am not full-time, compensate by increasing the hourly rate.

"Run from direct and upper management."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, concept, founder, discount and ability to express your own identity.

Cons

Manager, Zone Leader and constant sales that take away from the integrity and uniqueness of the product.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself you are nothing without the employees who carried you and saved your behind when the real issues arose. You are horrible people and no one worth anything will stick around while you are there acting like you're worth anything more than what you actually are which is someone to fill the race quota and age quota. Learn from your mistakes and maybe this store will have a fighting chance.

"Irresponsible executive staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Darien, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Darien, CT

I worked at Lovesac full-time

Pros

The sacs were comfy to try out, but I would never buy anything from them - they're priced unreasonably and who in their right mind would spend hundreds of dollars on a bag of foam. They can easily be DIY'd.

Cons

So many issues - lack of respect for employees would be at the top of my list. The pay is horrible, laws are broken and people need to start reporting it to OSHA and the DOL.

Advice to Management

So many people have given you advice and it's ignored.

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Lovesac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your team and the people you hire. Some association through partner stores and the immediate organization. I loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Corporate, and the zone managers. They are ignorant and simply have no idea what they are doing. We have the SAME useless promotions every week and for some reason they expect us to sell more week over week.

Advice to Management

GET A FREAKING CLUE!!! I feel bad for such a great product.

"Why did I waste so much time?"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked really close to the food court so I wouldn't have to walk too far to get a burger.

Cons

Let's start off by saying that Lovesac is ran by a bunch of under qualified hacks. I wouldn't trust half those people to manage a Forever21, let alone a company with ~300 employees. I worked here while I was in business school. This was a great lesson for me because I was able to witness classic examples of how NOT to run a company. Red 3 quarters in a row? EXPAND! Jumbled and unorganized delivery system? PROMISE 2 DAY SHIPPING! Staple product not quite what you promise customers? NEVER HONOR WARRANTY!

My favorite part about this company is that it asked employees to tell potential customers that Lovesac was the "fastest growing furniture company in the US", inferring that they were staying around forever. I give the company 2 more years- and the customers' couches 3.
    No HR department by the way.

"Opportunity to join and further build an ascending brand"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Pros

I feel the best reason to work at Lovesac is the growth trajectory, and the corresponding opportunity to be part of building a successful brand.

The two key factors driving that growth are the differentiated products and the earnest efforts of a couple hundred people to tell the world (starting with the U.S.) what makes these products a great investment. There are also a number of very dedicated employees helping solve the logistical and business infrastructure challenges of delivering great customer experiences WHILE the growth train is barreling down the tracks. But it doesn't feel crazy or out of control here. It feels like a combination of pressure to not let business systems slow down the momentum, mixed with the excitement and nervousness and hope of that momentum about to pick up speed even more dramatically. That keeps me motivated, and I think the same is true for an exceptionally strong percentage of people here.

Back to the products ... it feels great to market and sell and support products that have genuine functional advantages. I imagine it's how it felt to be at Dyson in the 90s.

Lovesac has been through some tumultuous years. The strategic direction is now in a great place, and we are working on being disciplined about not straying too far from that path.

Much lower-level "Pro": employee discount on excellent furniture. Our Sactionals (4 Seats + 5 Sides) are very comfortable, can fit any space or style we want, and look like the first day we got our new couch. We wash the covers once or twice a year, and we know we can replace one or two covers for very little money if we need to, or change to a new color (or maybe leather) whenever we want to spend the money. We rearrange the pieces to make a very comfortable queen-sized bed when relatives visit. And ... Our kids LOVE watching TV on the Supersac. Our little dog loves seems to love sleeping on it, too. It is incredibly comfortable, and we don't worry because the cover is washable.

Cons

I'm patient about this and want it to make sense for the business, but I am really looking forward to having a larger media and marketing budget to drive more people to our website and stores. Also looking forward to our stores all getting remodeled to our new and improved design, which better communicates the advantages of our products. Also looking forward to having enough resources available to launch some remarkable innovations that will give Sactionals owners even more reasons to feel smart about their investment.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to secure the right investors, who can appreciate the growth potential of our products and help us build one of the most-loved brands. I believe in our strategic plan for opening more stores, increasing our marketing spend, and continuing to improve our business and IT systems. I think one of the key next steps beyond that is taking our compensation/benefits package up a notch.

"Don't waste your time!"

Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at Lovesac (More than a year)

Pros

free clothing, office location, discounted (customer returned) furniture

Cons

Management, management, management! Seriously, this company acts like a startup yet its well past the startup phase. The primary con of this company is that it has poor management and a horrible culture. The average tenure for an employee at Lovesac in Stamford is only 8 months. So basically no one spends more than a year here. Wonder why? Probably lots of different reasons but it boils down to leadership and the lack thereof. It's hard to maintain focus when your most valuable resources are walking out the door every 8 months. The reality is most new employees stay less than that because its so toxic. HR is completely unethical. They are supposed to be neutral but no one trusts HR, period!

I'm trying to keep this review as generic as possible so as not to be identified. I w

Advice to Management

No advice for management because they certainly won't listen. Rather, I have advice for the private equity company that owns them or any other company that is investing in them. Install new leadership, executives and management. Turn this into a professional company with rules, policies and procedures and take it from 3rd rate to best in class. Can you imagine how successful this company might be with happy employees?

"Sales"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lovesac full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Stop writing good reviews Shawn Nelson on glass door! we all know they are you! Pay the bills so inventory is available, grow up & hire another CEO!

Advice to Management

Get rid of Shawn & the boys club.