MPI Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 7 reviews

3.2
  1. "Just my Review"

I worked at MPI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Product. Great People to work with

Cons

Did not feel that I was fully appreciated

MPI2019-05-02
    • "Great teams, Poor management"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at MPI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work teams and inter-department operations are pretty smooth and has a good flow to it for communication and chain of responsibilities. Everyone has a pretty good attitude and work demeanor. Engineering has a semi-open environment to keep projects on course with regular communication and tracking. Manufacturing has a great value stream setup communicate regularly with affected down-stream departments on issues.

Cons

Management has sporadic ideas for process improvement throughout the facility, and it at times feels like, to the rest of the employees, that management is running around on a wild goose chase for general improvement. Also, little to no signs for moving up through the company; they seemed to always bring in outside hires to satisfy upper-level vacancies or position openings, rather than ever consider promoting from within...

Advice to Management

Communication in an actual useful way. Employees can tell when management is only feigning ear-service, or doing a sorry job of actually having a dialogue with those under them.

MPI2018-10-22

"Good place to work, could be better."

I worked at MPI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good people. There is generally cooperation between people in different departments. Not always true but it is more often than not. - Good work/life balance. Standard hours are 7-3:45. Getting out early is great especially in the summer - Some of the projects are truly interesting to work on. Employees can take pride in some of the awesome equipment that is produced.

Cons

- Benefits are not that great - Company is going through some growing pains. The management structure is in flux leading to uncertainty about the future for employees. - There doesn't seem to be a clear vision for the direction of the company - Under staffed in certain departments means that during crunch time, the bulk of the work always falls on the same few qualified people.

Advice to Management

- Follow through on promises to take action or at least communicate what the status is. Don't let issues just hang there.

MPI2017-10-14

"Engineering Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at MPI for less than a year

Pros

Good Learning opportunities, Been a intern get to learn about designing of machines using solidworks software.

Cons

Lack of Staff, takes times to review interns work, which leads to pile of work for supervisor and intern ends up doing non engineering kind of work

MPI2016-11-07
    • "Miserable Place To Work..."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at MPI

Pros

Cool temperature-wise, nice to work somewhere that's not too warm

Cons

First of all, they hourly wage is awful at 9 dollars an hour and the bonuses are difficult to reach, even for a seasoned phone pro like myself. You don't work in a cubical you are simply put at a table with 10 other people so it's very hard to hear the person you're trying to get money from, adding insult to injury, you have managers who act like drill sergeants, walking up and down the idles yelling and screaming, honestly...

Advice to Management

Beyond hope, nothing I say is going to change the way they operate

MPI2016-08-22

"Good Hudson Valley employer"

I have been working at MPI

Pros

Great place to work msotly

Cons

going through slow period now

MPI2015-11-29

"ME"

I have been working at MPI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free for meals,rent allowance, travel allowance. nice working environment.

Cons

I love my job, love the people I work with and love the challenges that are presented to me every day. If you are not adept to working in a fast pace, highly collaborative and forward thinking company then this is probably not the place for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue encouraging employee growth

MPI2017-03-18