- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - Morgan Hill, CA
- - San Jose, CA
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Washington, DC
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Wellesley, MA
- - Boston, MA
- India - All Cities
- - Delhi
- - New Delhi, India Area
- - New Delhi
- - Uttaranchal
Found 51 of over 52 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "especially the CEO" (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 15, 2019 - Marketing ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company is under new management and the future looks very strong. I've been most impressed with the people - the team is extremely collaborative and smart and everyone works very hard.
The former leadership team was disorganized, leaving some hurdles to overcome but with a new leadership team in place, the company is now progressing in the right direction.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec 14, 2020 - OFFICE MANAGER/BOOKKEEPER in San Jose, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I could choose my own hours.
It was not very organized.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 14, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I enjoyed the commraderie amongst my peers at Main Data Group. We enjoyed each others company, and for the most part everyone was helpful and hardworking. There were a few really dedicated managers that really cared about their team, and did their best to make things better for their employees.
Sadly many of us are no longer there, including the managers who worked hard for us. There was extreme mismanagement by the owner. His vision and direction were constantly in flux and because of this there was an enormous amount of instability. We experienced high turnover, with many people leaving to pursue other opportunities because the future of the company always felt fragile. The owner also had a tendancy to talk poorly of managers and employees to other employees. As time went on, this got worse, and our morale erroded. Unfortunately, he ran off many of the talented people who worked there in the time that I was there.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 6, 2019 - Sales in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
*Great people running Main Data (now) *Streamlined Decision making process (great communication between Sales, Marketing, Engineering & Ops) *Investing in people & platform *Fun company perks (summer outings to baseball games & boat tours, tons of snacks & coffee, & weekly chain massages to name a few) *
The past...previous leadership has left those of us here, who are all committed to the company and product, running away from the past and into the future with new vigor and determination to make MDG a household name in Executive Comp Software!Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 2, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-There are a lot of opportunities to learn new and interesting pieces of a business as the organization is very open with access to the CEO at almost all hours of the day -The ability to communicate with engineering teams to build out product specifications or to change the data pipeline was the fastest I have seen in any company -The company works with a lot of data :) -A lot of room for advancement if you like working at a fast pace and take on as many projects as they throw at you
-The merit structure of the company is a bit confusing -While the freedom and the ability to touch different departments is interesting, there was no clear career guidance in what particular direction you would goContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 28, 2017 - Sales in Morgan Hill, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Learned a lot about executive compensation, other employees were fun to work with.
CEO thinks everyone that works for him is garbage. CEO is a self inflated title, he creates issues between departments. Telling one department he is going to fire someone to bring on someone else that can do more. Goes to the other person and says the same thing to the other department. Gets upset when we talk to each other trying to give a heads up. He can sit down with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and come up with a plan for a couple hours walk in the next morning and the entire plan will be erased and replaced with "his" plan because he is the "CEO" not sure why we had the meeting then. He berates and belittles his wife in front of employees. Overall the worst place I have ever worked with the worst environment ever. If you have to report to the CEO - DO NOT WORK THERE. He will sell you a dream and deliver a nightmareContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 13, 2019 - Client Services in Wellesley, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
*The past two years have seen remarkable levels of change in Main Data, all of which are positive. *Communication between various teams (Engineering, Client Service, Development) is clear and concise. *Leadership team is responsive to suggestions that come from clients and internal sources.
Past management was disorganized. However, operations have been overhauled under new leadership, which gives Main Data a bright future.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 28, 2014 - Research Analyst in Morgan Hill, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
New hires want to contribute and do a good job. Relaxed working environment. Company catered lunch with beer on Fridays. Fair compensation and benefits.
Unfortunately within weeks new employees realize that just pleasing the management's current and ever changing focus is more important than performing the job functions they were hired for. CEO gossips about employee's job performance to other employees and makes degrading and sexist comments non stop. Apparently this was a startup company and funding was sketchy. It seemed like every Monday the CEO would change the company's direction over the weekend and whatever tasks we were working on Friday would be obsolete on Monday.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 23, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Highly motivated team under new ownership Very focused firm with clear objectives and direction New products and features New leadership Excellent data quality Very team oriented
There are other firms in the same space, so to stick out and increase market share, it is important to continuously improve and differentiate ourselves. But, this is true in probably every industry.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 2, 2018 - Managing Director in Washington, DCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great management, tech and client service teams - Intelligent, informed colleagues - Highly collaborative - Substantial investment in database upgrades - Good pay - Excellent tech support - Very flexible work arrangements, you don't have to live in Northern California or Boston
- Lots of teleconferences / emails (maybe that's just the downside of being able to work remotely) - Team is still very small, needs to expandContinue reading
Main Data Group Reviews FAQs
Main Data Group has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 52 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Main Data Group to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
85% of Main Data Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Main Data Group 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.