Manta Reviews | Glassdoor

Manta Reviews

Updated 5 Oct 2019

Manta CEO Rick Horsley (no image)
Rick Horsley
  1. "Nice ppl"

Former Employee - Email Marketing Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at Manta full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff was great nice people

Cons

The executive staff was not great

Manta2019-07-15
  2. "Decent"

Former Employee - Appointment Setter

I worked at Manta full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job. Good for a temp work.

Cons

"It's a j.o.b. Nothing of value.

Manta2019-10-05

"Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Manta Pro in Columbus, OH

I worked at Manta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the most wonderful people I have ever worked with Easy, super simple mind numbing job Conveniently located to tons of restaurants and Polaris Mall

Cons

You will be yelled at by customers, saying they feel like the service offered is a scam. Has recently been bought, and is still figuring their stuff out. Being bought by a bigger company did not make things better. It implemented things to hold their employees more accountable for their time. Which took away from the culture, but helps their bottom line. You will be on the phone most of the day in this position.... It is a call center position. Hopefully they are admitting it now, they were not when I was there. There is no advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees. Stop saying there are advancement opportunities when there is not. Be transparent about the role you are hiring for.

Manta2019-04-03
  4. "Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Manta full-time for more than a year

Pros

-great culture -diversified work (work with multiple teams within company) -always a chance to learn and grow

Cons

-lack of direction for future

Manta2018-09-26

"Company is dead."

I worked at Manta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing good here, feel free to move along.

Cons

Company leadership, cutlure, product and recent layoffs are all a joke.

Advice to Management

Find new jobs, you failed.

Manta2018-08-12

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Manta full-time for less than a year

Pros

free food- free parking- no taking work home

Cons

The company identity is in conflict with reality. They just resell another product. (Yext)

Advice to Management

Advice to the investment company- time to clean house and hire some real leadership. Those in the current roles do not have the capacity to lead, nor the talent .

Manta2018-05-19
  7. "Marketing Specialist"

I worked at Manta full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the relationship I had with my co workers

Cons

My position turned into a sales position rather than a marketing position

Manta2018-03-27

"Marketing pro"

Former Employee - Marketing Pro in Columbus, OH

I worked at Manta full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot of you apply yourself and do your own research - basically have to teach yourself everything.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for. Management is less than professional and you do not get paid enough to live comfortably. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Manta2018-04-27

"Great snacks....but, that's about it."

Current Employee - Marketing Pro in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Manta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the Columbus based employees on the Manta side are very smart and hardworking people.

Cons

No direction as a company. It's a joke. The needed change might just be the need for real leadership. Many of the employees are remote. This might work with some companies but, it is not working with Manta. There is a huge disconnect with the company, employees, direction (lack of) etc. They want to pretend they are a cool tech company....but, with their current org. structure it will never happen. Everyone... looking at different stats/numbers and trends. They all get their info from different sources and there were major issues across the different info platforms. Some of the supervisors were allergic to customers and avoided them like the plague. One example of this is when a person refused to take calls from customers; it was a joke. Actually emailed a customer stating that "they could not make outbound calls", because they did not want to talk to customers. And the icing on the cake, they have 3 employee reviews on their Google My Business account, falsely raising their rating. Isn't this the first thing they'd advise their monthly members against doing???

Advice to Management

Have some integrity and realize that your current direction (and that of the last 2 years) is a mess. Quality people are leaving left and right......

Manta2017-12-23

"Stay AWAY!!"

Marketing Specialist

I worked at Manta

Pros

- free booze - paid company parties

Cons

- Horrible leadership. Manager was just fired (not that it'll make a difference considering other managers are absolutely terrible) definite favoritism, overall unprofessionalism. Constant criticism and talk behind each other's back, nice to your face until suddenly you're on the verge of being fired. - Terrible culture. It's like high school. Everyone talks bad behind each other's back, including management. -... Terrible pay. Some favorite get paid more, and they pressure you not to disclose pay so they won't have to pay everyone the same. If you're thinking about working here: DON'T. The pay is a joke. You can easily get paid more somewhere else. - extremely high turnover for the reasons listed above. Toxic culture. Everyone hates their job.

Advice to Management

Swap out all of your managers. I'm not sure what can be done to fix the toxic environments.

Manta2017-12-06