Master Distributors Reviews | Glassdoor

Master Distributors Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2019

3.9
Master Distributors CEO Sandra Dobbin (no image)
Sandra Dobbin
Pros
  • "The hard work I put in almost always gets results(in 8 reviews)

• "It was very rewarding to go to my local Bunnings and see people buying the brands I had worked with at Master Distributors(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 6 reviews)

• "After further discussions with colleagues it becomes apparent with the highest staff turnover you could ever imagine(in 4 reviews)

"Smart and knowledgeable team"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time

Pros

What started as a short-term career path quickly led to a fulfilling working experience that forced me to change my mind. I didn't move to another state and decided to stay at Master Distributors and build my career here. My co-workers and managers value constructive feedback and input. Most of them are open-minded people, willing to listen and support. Our team is goal-oriented. Everyone takes his/her share of responsibility for the overall success. That's why we never have an issue when it comes to discussing problems or reviewing our processes.

Cons

I think we should continue improving the communication across teams and departments for the best outcomes.

Master Distributors2019-10-15
  2. "Five stars"

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time

Pros

- Strong culture based on genuine kindness - Co-workers are some of the most welcoming & friendly people I've ever met - Relaxed environment - Flexible managers - Industry-leading benefits

Cons

- No cons to speak of.

Master Distributors2019-10-23

"More than an employer – a partner"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Mulgrave

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's my fifth year with the company and I can confidently state that Master Distributors is a trustworthy and reliable partner that provides job security and helps to maintain a healthy work-life balance (even in the case of a manager's position). Awesome team and upper management: knowledgeable, hard-working, diligent, open-minded... What else could I look for to have a fulfilling working experience? Hence, my long-term employment with the company. I am grateful for all of the professional knowledge I've gained here.

Cons

My role requires a lot of discipline and creativity at the same time. I find it a bit challenging to combine these two qualities in my work, but that's a task I've embraced as a manager and I develop my personal and professional skills to be as productive as I can.

Master Distributors2019-10-18

"Hard-working coworkers; Stable company"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Mulgrave

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time

Pros

I've enjoyed being part of this great team for over two years now. We have some amazing folks who work hard and readily have their back whenever the need arises. The management is understanding and clear with expectations.

Cons

I'd like to see some of our processes streamlined as it would increase our productivity. I've shared my thoughts with the upper management and I am hopeful we'll find a solution that leads to further improvements.

Master Distributors2019-09-28

"Respectful environment"

Current Employee - Inventory Controller in Mulgrave

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time

Pros

The management is fair, honest and open-minded. I love their approach to communicate their expectations clearly. This helps me to focus on important tasks and to have everything accomplished on time. The company also encourages growth and rewards for hard work. Most importantly, I can discuss any work-related concerns with my team members, being sure we will have a productive discussion and we will look for ways to find a solution.

Cons

When there is a strong collaboration, negative things are discussed and addressed, so there are no major cons for me.

Master Distributors2019-09-26

"First-class operation"

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time

Pros

The business is run the right way from the top to the bottom. It's been rewarding to gain experience in multiple areas of the company and to grow my career with these guys. They care deeply about their employees and they give our customers great products.

Cons

There's not much negative I can think of. Traffic around the warehouse can be a bit of a bear sometimes.

Master Distributors2019-09-18

"One of the best places to work in Mulgrave"

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time

Pros

Very well-run business, almost impressively so. It's more organized than any place I've worked before. In my past jobs I was so used to being a part of disorganized messes I thought it was normal for there to be hold ups and miscommunications. Now that i'm somewhere that there aren't any, it's amazing how much easier it is for me to do my job.

Cons

Working with MD is night and day from my past jobs. I've got nothing to complain about.

Master Distributors2019-09-01

"I love the culture"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Worker in Mulgrave

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best place I’ve worked since I started working in the industry more than 7 years ago. They make awesome products and care a ton about their employees. My team is really strong thanks to the people I work with being some of the most talented and brightest in the biz. Management leads by example by being incredibly hard working and treating everyone professionally with a ton of respect. There aren’t many businesses like this place nowadays.

Cons

The cons are next to none.

Master Distributors2019-08-22

"The managers are a bunch of bullies"

Former Employee - Employee in Mulgrave

I worked at Master Distributors full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are nice staffs and friendly co-workers. I can't thing of anything else

Cons

The managers are a bunch of bullies. They do not treat employees with respect and instead shames them when they commit mistakes as any normal human being would. They also like bullying employees just because they are corrupted by their power. They lack basic human values and decency. If there were an attitude exam before being promoted to management, non of the managers would be where they are.

Master Distributors2019-09-24

Master Distributors Response

September 28, 2019HR

What a coward you are. We continue to remain disappointed and disgusted by this same small minded illiterate, disgruntled person and their dwindling friends/ex co workers who continue to demonstrate very poor behavior by repetitiously posting the same hateful rants, giving fictitious reviews and advice. This type of cowardly anonymous cyber bullying will not win. The similarities in the reviews are ridiculously obvious. All of our team do not support the writer of these reviews nor anonymous cowardly bullying of any kind, (no matter how you want to disguise it). We also do not support defamation and hurtful comments, which this person continues to do on this site and various other forms of social media against the company, its team and the owners. Shame on you. Move on and be happy (if you are capable) and stop your vindictive anonymous bullying. Your feedback that is toxic, and not truthful. Remember, you reap what you sow.

Continue reading

"A great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Mulgrave

I have been working at Master Distributors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Support, guidance, coaching – so far I have enjoyed all of these at Master Distributors. The management always listens to our concerns, and we have an effective procedure for suggesting a change or a reform. Tons of opportunities for learning and growth have “forced” me to stay with the company for the past four years (and counting). I am glad I am growing as a professional and, at the same time, work with talented colleagues.

Cons

At first, it was difficult for me to see the big picture when it came to marketing campaigns, but my managers were just fantastic to help me become more effective in my role.

Master Distributors2019-07-25