Master Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Master Distributors

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Master Distributors

Inventory Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mulgrave (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Master Distributors (Mulgrave (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in for an interview just before 2pm. The person I was supposed to meet was interviewing someone else for another job in their organisation and that interview probably went overtime, which meant that I had to wait in the reception for another 15 or 20 minutes.
    During the interview I spoke with a panel of two people who did not apologise for being late. The first interviewer was asking all the questions and the second was only looking at me, not participating in the discussion which was only making me uncomfortable.
    Two weeks after the interview I sent an email asking if they are close to making a decision. Having not received a response a week after, I rang and left a message on the voicemail asking the same question. Again there was no response. A week later I rang again and was advised that the company decided against recruiting anyone for that role due to restructuring. I was left disappointed because I prepared a resume and took the time attending an interview and felt it would only be fair to receive a simple acknowledgement. On the flip side having read all the reviews, it seems I have got out lightly.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing in your previous role   6 Answers

Jun 14, 2018 – HR

What a pack of lies. An attempt to be hurtful in a review that is not truthful, posted over a year after the fact. We don't think so. We did not advertise this position at this time or the months... More

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mulgrave (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Master Distributors (Mulgrave (Australia)).

Interview

The process was long, the interviewer was not interested in being professional there was no real communication afterwards they ignored follow up calls I’m glad I missed out they seem to have a revolving door of staff.

Interview Questions

Master Distributors Response

Aug 21, 2018 – HR

This is just not even remotely truthful or correct.
    The company did not advertised this role recently. How can the writer make these ridiculous claims if they had no real communication with the... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mulgrave (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Master Distributors (Mulgrave (Australia)) in January 2011.

Interview

Very Informal. Had a coffee, chatted. Came back the next week and meet the 2nd owner... again very informal. One week later... I was employed. Looking back, it was almost too quick as it was all wrapped up within 10 days

Interview Questions

• None. It was mainly me explaining my history and what I had done for a similar company.   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017 – HR

You applied in 2011 and you are putting this review up in 2015? 4 years later?

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Master Distributors (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Was told of the job available by a friend who already works there. The business was highly recommended - great team environment, good wages, benefits like phone etc. I had to give notice at my current employer which was understood.

Interview Questions

• What was the connection with the current employee who highly recommended the job to me   2 Answers
    • Why did I think I was a good fit for their business   2 Answers
    • What was my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated an initial contract and salary with the option for review at 6 and 12 months which was agreed on

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Master Distributors (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2013.

Interview

Laid-back style by initial interviewer. Was more of a casual discussion than an interview. A lot of the discussion was centered around their poor current team.
    The interview was after working hours. I liked that because I didn't need to take time off my previous job and was a lot less obvious.
    2nd interview was with the company owner. It was very brief. She did not seem to have time for it and was happy to go with the initial interviewer's thoughts.
    After the 2 interviews, they traveled overseas and delayed the hiring process for a few weeks. The HR manager kept in touch with me to let me know they were keen.
    When I started, there was an hour session with the HR manager to cover all of the rules and contract. Rules like - you must carry your cup on a tray (weird) and other more standard things like holidays etc.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Wanted specifics about previous competitors to check that I could do competitor analysis.   Answer Question