Maxxima Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Maxxima Managing Director Dominic Webster
Dominic Webster

1. "Excellent place to work. Excellent place to grow."

I have been working at Maxxima full-time

Pros

- The opportunity for progression is not hidden, it's encouraged. Maxxima care about employees, they encourage entrepreneurial qualities and have shown that they will support a new idea that has potential.
    - No matter who you are, where you are on the ladder, your voice is heard. The company really tailors its activities around its employees opinions/wants
    - Everyone is nice, everyone works together. usually commission creates competition and that tends to take a negative form but at Maxxima it's not like that at all, competition stays positive, employees are rewarded by team leaders/managers and the CEO.
    - The Managing Director (CEO) works alongside us. He genuinely cares about the people under his employment.
    - Training at Maxxima is probably the biggest pro for me. Whatever level you are at there is training tailored to you. there is always more growth, continually building character!
    - Independent working, you manage your days, no one breathing over you.
    - Fresh free fruit for everyone
    - strong on the brand!
    - encouraged to leave work at work and relax at home!

Cons

- There aren't enough toilets in the office area
    - A lot of people in the office, you may not get a chance to know everyone

Feb 20, 2017 – Managing Director

Thank you for your review. It’s really encouraging to hear so many positive comments about our company. We are passionate about listening to our staff and, as a result of their feedback, we ... More

2. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

- Great management team that are keen to see you succeed and progress as an individual.

- Friendly environment

- Great location

- Work hard / play hard approach!

Cons

None that I can think of so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jan 12, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - your feedback is appreciated!

3. "Amazing place to work"

Pros

Very friendly, productive environment. Brilliant management team who support and guide staff without micro managing everyone. Great location in Shoreditch.

Cons

Cant think of any so far!

Advice to Management

Continue doing a fantastic job

Jan 12, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to read so many positive comments and to hear that you consider Maxxima to be an "Amazing place to work".

"Wouldn't recommend"

Former Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Maxxima full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual office environment. Located in a very accessible area of London. Young and vibrant workforce. Not sure what else could be deemed as a positive.

Cons

Tough to know where to begin really.
    In my time at Maxxima I was constantly put down by senior management, my skills and experience were ignored or overlooked.
    This is not a company that I would describe as having a professional attitude or set up at all.
    I wouldn't recommend working here if you would describe yourself as creative or wanting to make an impact by going to work.
    It's a case of being a little Maxxima robot and if you don't fit the mould then you're out the door. Staff turnover is ridiculously high, even for recruitment.
    Bullying from certain managers is commonplace.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as individuals in order to allow them to maximise their potential and this would mean you would get more out of them. Whilst Friday beers and occasional outings are fun, the focus should be more on improving day to day morale.

Aug 17, 2016 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback; helping us to create a culture that’s open, honest and transparent. Whilst it’s great to see that you had a positive ... More

"Great colleagues, good first job for a graduate!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great first job out of University
    - Hard-working but relaxed atmosphere
    - Lots of social events; opportunities for gigs, football, pub sessions
    - Realistic targets set by management
    - Good, fun, like-minded colleagues

Cons

- Initial training can be unstructured- "learn as you go" type of role
    - Moving up to a sales desk not always immediate
    - Building an initial network of clients and candidates can be quite mind-numbing at first
    - Easy to get despondent in low periods, but that's the industry
    - Compliance can be frustrating; constantly changing team can create confusion

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, get a bigger meeting room, continue to grow in our field!

May 11, 2016 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review, it's great to read your comments. We take on board the feedback regarding the meeting room and in fact, since posting your review, we have acquired additional space and ... More

"Great Company to Work For."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed non-corporate environment where hard work is rewarded. Lots of social events whether target evenings, the football team, annual ski trip or just drinks down the pub. A supportive environment where you can learn the business from the bottom up.

Cons

No real downsides, although as this is a sales role it is not for everyone. While we are not focused on making 100s of cold calls, you do need to have to take knock backs and disappointment without getting discouraged. You need to have a competitive spirit and inner strength to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

May 11, 2016 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is really important to us and helps us to look at what we can do better; continuing to ensure that this is a great place to work for ... More

"Look forward to coming to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

Amazing people to work with and for. The Management are fantastic, giving everyone clear targets, boosting morale and helping individuals grow. It is one of the best working environments I have ever been in. Each day brings a bit of laughter along with the hard work. There is clear room for growth and the working environment is positive and full of fun. The actual job is the perfect balance, with each individual being able to work at their own pace. It is definitely not a cut throat environment that is usually associated with sales and recruitment, but rather like a large team helping each other to build and grow. I would definitely recommend the company to anyone graduating!

Cons

No personal cons, yet, when initially starting the company slightly more detailed training needs to be provided. The training is great as you learn first hand, however, the training is fairly verbal and on initial start the training could possibly be provided in a written format.

May 11, 2016 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is really important to us and will be shared with the relevant teams to help us look at what we can do better across the business.

"Excellent First Job For Any New Grad"

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Maxxima is an ideal first company for anyone leaving University. The role enables you to work on many of the practical business skills that you learn about at University. More importantly you also have the opportunity to earn a significant amount of money in a short amount of time.

Cons

The role is simplistic in terms of the range of activities with the emphasis being on the amount of time and effort you put into these tasks. This can mean that certain aspects of the role can become monotonous.

Advice to Management

The recruitment practices used are tried and tested over several years but that isn't to say there are not potentially more efficient ways of recruiting. It may be beneficial to ask a lot of the newer members of the company to implement new techniques and support them as much as possible in doing so.

May 11, 2016 – Managing Director

Thank you for your review. It’s great that your role has provided you with opportunities to build on the business skills you have gained at university. We are always looking at ways in which we can ... More

"Graduate Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prior to my induction into Maxxima Group as a Graduate Recruitment Consultant I underwent an extensive group assessment program alongside a large pool of potential candidates. I found the experience thoroughly enjoyable as the day was composed of a variety of group exercises that enabled us to practice the different communicational, cognitive and presentational skills expected of a Recruitment Consultant in front of a live audience.

As mentioned above I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process as it provided me with a greater understanding of my own presentational and oratory abilities. It also enabled me to practice my interpersonal skills with individuals on impersonal and professional levels as we effectuated group activities within a designated time frame.

Whilst my induction into Maxxima Group is a fairly recent state of affairs I am thoroughly enjoying the experience, the staff are very supportive and happy to assist with any questions or enquiries. The training process is also remarkably clear, concise and effective enabling you to gain a thorough understanding of your duties and responsibilities from day one.

Cons

I currently have no cons to specify as of yet.

Advice to Management

An excellent corporate culture which encourages you to work hard and achieve a rapid career progression.

May 11, 2016 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our assessment day, we think it's a great way to ensure we find the best possible talent as well as providing you with a clear understanding ... More

"Makes getting up for work easy!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Shoreditch, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Shoreditch, England (UK)

I have been working at Maxxima full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed and friendly environment, with a focus on consultant progression. You really feel like the company wants you to do well.

Cons

The compliance when making placements can be very frustrating, but this is something that is set by the NHS and not the company

May 11, 2016 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is really important and helps us to look at what we can do better; ensuring that Maxxima continues to be a great place to work for ... More